About the current situation (Good Read)

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: About the current situation (Good Read)

Post  villanfromluton on Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:19 pm

villainies wrote:Carew and Heskey are spent forces, both of them are barely premiership standard. Don't tell me you haven't worked that out yet? No

Well the Blackpool strikers are barely championship players. Again it boils down to the manager getting the best out of his players.

Heskey has been okay this season by the way.
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:24 pm

villanfromluton wrote:
villainies wrote:Carew and Heskey are spent forces, both of them are barely premiership standard. Don't tell me you haven't worked that out yet? No

Well the Blackpool strikers are barely championship players. Again it boils down to the manager getting the best out of his players.

Also, Harewood has been playing for Blackpool and scoring, is he better than our strikers? Didnt think so knobhead, he has a manager who is getting the best out of him Wink
villanfromluton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:23 pm

villanfromluton wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:

Also, Harewood has been playing for Blackpool and scoring, is he better than our strikers? Didnt think so knobhead, he has a manager who is getting the best out of him Wink

Shame MON couldn't get the best out of him innit! What snood you got on today?
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:28 pm

So you agree with me then that it is the manager who gets the best out of his players, thanks for that Very Happy
villanfromluton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:43 pm

villanfromluton wrote:So you agree with me then that it is the manager who gets the best out of his players, thanks for that Very Happy

No. I was taking the piss. He is shit just like Carew and Heskey but has spooned a few in this season.
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:45 pm

So what about Campbell, Varney and Taylor-Fletcher, are they better than our strikers?
villanfromluton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jannerblue on Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:59 pm

villanfromluton wrote:So what about Campbell, Varney and Taylor-Fletcher, are they better than our strikers?

The table doesn't lie, nor do stats.. So based on those you'd have to say, this season. Yes they are.
jannerblue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:01 pm

jannerblue wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:So what about Campbell, Varney and Taylor-Fletcher, are they better than our strikers?

The table doesn't lie, nor do stats.. So based on those you'd have to say, this season. Yes they are.

No Janner the table doesnt lie, we are in the mire. However, in no way would I say that the above named persons are better than our strikers, so there is a problem somewhere and IMHO it is the management of the players
villanfromluton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jannerblue on Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:02 pm

villanfromluton wrote:
jannerblue wrote:

No Janner the table doesnt lie, we are in the mire. However, in no way would I say that the above named persons are better than our strikers, so there is a problem somewhere and IMHO it is the management of the players

Any other season I would agree with you, but this season you can't argue that the likes of Campbell etc... aren't better than yours, the fact is they've played better and scored more goals, making them better.

Like I say, normally i'd agree, but this season I can't.
jannerblue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:05 pm

These are journeymen strikers, Varney couldnt even get in Derby or Charlton team, Campbell could not get in Leicesters team. Holloway is getting the best out of all of his players and that is not happening at Villa. Not all the blame can be put on the manager, but he has to accept he is not doing the job he was brought in to do.
villanfromluton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:19 pm

Blackpool's strikers are in better form.

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:23 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:Blackpool's strikers are in better form.

Villainies comments earlier was that our squad was not as good as those above us. I agree there are teams above us playing better, but I dont agree they have better squads and the manager should be looking at why we are where we are. We have been 6th, yes we have lost Milner, but have had Ireland come in and the likes of Albrighton have really come to the fore. No way should we be in the relegation zone. Man management has been appalling at times
villanfromluton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:24 pm

villanfromluton wrote:These are journeymen strikers, Varney couldnt even get in Derby or Charlton team, Campbell could not get in Leicesters team. Holloway is getting the best out of all of his players and that is not happening at Villa. Not all the blame can be put on the manager, but he has to accept he is not doing the job he was brought in to do.

Carew and Heskey. Do you think either of them have a/ got a lot left to offer a team in the prem b/ will score goals at Aston Villa?
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:27 pm

If the attitude of Carew was right, he could still do a job. Heskey is one of the few players who actually seems to have improved since the arrival of Houllier. Fact is the man management has been shite, no way should a squad like ours be where it is. If I was a manager and had the choice of Villas strikers or Blackpool's, I know who I would choose
villanfromluton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:32 pm

villanfromluton wrote:
Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:Blackpool's strikers are in better form.

Villainies comments earlier was that our squad was not as good as those above us. I agree there are teams above us playing better, but I dont agree they have better squads and the manager should be looking at why we are where we are. We have been 6th, yes we have lost Milner, but have had Ireland come in and the likes of Albrighton have really come to the fore. No way should we be in the relegation zone. Man management has been appalling at times

Milner and Petrov played most of last season together. A decent central midfield partnership if not quite good enough to get us beyond 6th. Milner gone and until recently Petrov out and our replacements just aren't anywhere near as solid. Coupled with the demise of Carew, no new striker and injuries to Gabby and Heskey we were never going to be performing at the same level as last year. I'd also argue that Collins and Dunne aren't what they were for the first half of last season either regardless of the manager. Another year older and a bit jaded. A bit like your snood wearing self.
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:38 pm

Fcek me, you were always moaning about Petrov, now he is the reason why we are shite Rolling Eyes . Ireland should have been playing, and given the managers backing instead of moaning about him to the press all the time. I agree about centre mids, but you have to get on with things. Dunne should not have been playing earlier in the season, then the fceking manager asked him to get players opinions and when he did, he was in trouble, After the Blues game, Houllier goes into the dressing room and says well played unlucky. What about the Liverpool debacle, fooking disgrace how he behaved and should have been on his bike the following day.
villanfromluton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:55 pm

Petrov was solid without being spectacular, although he is looking more tired now too. IMO Petrov had to be replaced this year if we wanted to move on. Its looking like we might need the centre backs changing too but they could prove me wrong, perhaps its a blip.
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Mon May 16, 2011 11:08 am

villainies wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:
Malachite wrote:
RoT: Its that wing 'n' a prayer thing, the big if, you could be right, but for me there are two many grey areas in a squad that heavily relied on a certain individual to make it gel, and he's gone. That was always going to be the problem if MON left, i agree about Gabby and Ash, very reliant though.

Luton: That's my point, as you would expect with players like Arteta and Fellini and Co you would expect them to be far more accurate, they wasn't, we got the points, that's it, but we won't get to many of those breaks again, we will have to disagree, the only time I've seen Villa even get near to where they was last season was the first 45 v Rapid, i thought then, MON hangover done with, on we go, and then....

The squad is definitely not in shape but judge for yourself when we play Stoke.

They certainly played good football against West Ham

Seriously Lutes. West Ham are fooked, they are shite. Rapid were average and Newcastle are Championship material. OK we got the result againt Everton but they were all over us like a cheap scent. This season will be a struggle.

Suspect
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Mon May 16, 2011 11:11 am

jannerblue wrote:

And they are going down bounce

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Mon May 16, 2011 1:14 pm

GOING, GOING, GONE
villanfromluton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A on Tue May 17, 2011 11:21 am

Malachite wrote:
Jay.P.A wrote:
Malachite wrote:
roadoftrinity wrote:So villainies, according to you the jury is still out on Randy, MON has wasted over 130 million and we have been under achieving for the last 2 years, Delph and Downing are basically scrap and no good to any new manager and our season is over already. Anything else I have missed? Drama queen.

I can help with this one.

errr Yeah, We have no manager, no money, a wafer thin squad, we've just gone out of Europe and it looks like we have got Kevin McDonald as our supremo......lets face it, those are the actual facts, anything else is pure speculation of what might be.

So is the jury still out on Randy, well i would put it like this, we've seen how he is in the good times, and anybody can be good in the good times, lets see how he cuts the musterd when the chips are down, when the going gets tough the tough get going, and on MON, again lets face it, all that will be answered at the end of the season, at which stage if we are right in the pooper then pretty much everybody will be pointing a finger in 1 direction.

You say we got no money, yet in January we'll spend at least 10 million.

I'll bump this post when it happens.

Please do Jay....but like i say, pure speculation.

Cool
Jay.P.A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Back to top