About the current situation (Good Read)

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: About the current situation (Good Read)

Post  QBVILLA on Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:23 pm

villainies wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:
villainies wrote:BAH! I'm happy but I want to be happier and banging NRC on the bench for 18 months doesn't make me happy it makes me think he isn't up to it. If we'd had a few more of those good signings and a few less of the dross maybe we could've sustained the challenge or succeded in the cups. My own view is that MON had reached the glass ceiling and would continue to bounce off it even with another £30m. Another manager can break through if given a similar opportunity.

I'll have a quid with you now that we won't get as many points as last season nor have such good cup runs regardless of who the manager is.Meanwhile O'Neill will be back in football as soon as he decides that he wants to.O'Neill did reach the ceiling for Villa, 6th is punching above our weight.Any fan of any other club will tell you that, it's about time our fans got realistic

How is 6th punching above our weight when we're 5th in the league table since the premier league started and we've just spent £130 odd million.

AMBITION

how much have Man City spent in this one transfer window? or maybe even Sunderland in the last few years? As for our 5th place since the Prem was formed, great stuff but it counts for absolutely feck all
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:30 pm

QBVILLA wrote:
Lionheart wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:
villainies wrote:BAH! I'm happy but I want to be happier and banging NRC on the bench for 18 months doesn't make me happy it makes me think he isn't up to it. If we'd had a few more of those good signings and a few less of the dross maybe we could've sustained the challenge or succeded in the cups. My own view is that MON had reached the glass ceiling and would continue to bounce off it even with another £30m. Another manager can break through if given a similar opportunity.

I'll have a quid with you now that we won't get as many points as last season nor have such good cup runs regardless of who the manager is.Meanwhile O'Neill will be back in football as soon as he decides that he wants to.O'Neill did reach the ceiling for Villa, 6th is punching above our weight.Any fan of any other club will tell you that, it's about time our fans got realistic

With the exception of Venglos(who only had one season) EVERY Villa manager in the last twenty years has made 6th and Taylor, Atkinson and Little did far better - none of them had anything like the dosh that MON had

The only one of them who resorted to neanderthal football was Taylor and given the fact that he inherited a relegated team in DIV 2 he can be forgiven for that - what is Mon´s excuse?

Once again you come up with that tripe.Do you not think that it may just have something to do with the quality of the opposition nowadays?Come on Lion, that really is a wank argument.
I also remember 16th under Taylor and O'leary.18th (when it was a 22 team division) in the season that Ron was replaced by Little and then little leaving us in the bottom 5.Not to forget the Gregory years where he spent in comparison a shed load of cash on players who had little or no sell on value
and i remember being really pissed off watching the boring football O'neill's team served up a couple of years back when we scored over 70 league goals.you're talking utter shite

QB - the ceiling is with MON

He has a very limited knowledge of football and even less about coaching - hence the playing style

He does have admirable passion and determination - however today in the era of the Mourinho´s, Ancelloti´s and Wenger´s that is simply not enough

His type of "manager" belongs to the 70´s and 80´s - Football has moved on

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:23 pm

Football has moved on and contrasting styles are what makes the game competitive.If Villa went toe to toe with Arsenal or Man Utd playing in the same manner as them then we'd get battered out of sight, for the simple reason they have superior players.Call O'neill tactically inept if you like but away wins at Arsenal,Liverpool and Man Utd aren't just the result of luck on the day.Also I think it's a fair observation that in O'neill's time as Villa manager he won the same amount of silverware as Mr Wenger,a man quite rightly regarded as a top class manager.You are letting your personal feelings cloud your judgement imo.
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:40 pm

QBVILLA wrote:Football has moved on and contrasting styles are what makes the game competitive.If Villa went toe to toe with Arsenal or Man Utd playing in the same manner as them then we'd get battered out of sight, for the simple reason they have superior players.Call O'neill tactically inept if you like but away wins at Arsenal,Liverpool and Man Utd aren't just the result of luck on the day.Also I think it's a fair observation that in O'neill's time as Villa manager he won the same amount of silverware as Mr Wenger,a man quite rightly regarded as a top class manager.You are letting your personal feelings cloud your judgement imo.

But Wenger finished higher than him every season - and instead of costing his club money in the transfer market made a profit

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:52 pm

Lionheart wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:Football has moved on and contrasting styles are what makes the game competitive.If Villa went toe to toe with Arsenal or Man Utd playing in the same manner as them then we'd get battered out of sight, for the simple reason they have superior players.Call O'neill tactically inept if you like but away wins at Arsenal,Liverpool and Man Utd aren't just the result of luck on the day.Also I think it's a fair observation that in O'neill's time as Villa manager he won the same amount of silverware as Mr Wenger,a man quite rightly regarded as a top class manager.You are letting your personal feelings cloud your judgement imo.

But Wenger finished higher than him every season - and instead of costing his club money in the transfer market made a profit

He certainly did.Though we may as well ignore the fact that Wenger inherited a good squad in the first place full of internationals at a club which was firmly established as one of England's biggest for decades and built from a solid base.IMO finishing 6th with Villa is a better achievement than getting 3rd with Arsenal.
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:53 pm

villiainies: Have you talked to Reo about this, that's a lot of shagging on a bench, and for 18 months, poor fella won't have an arsehole by the time you've finished.

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:55 pm

Malachite wrote:

villiainies: Have you talked to Reo about this, that's a lot of shagging on a bench, and for 18 months, poor fella won't have an arsehole by the time you've finished.

Doubt it, he probably never even noticed Crooksy getting his pindick out of his Cords No
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:59 pm

QBVILLA wrote:
Lionheart wrote:

He certainly did.Though we may as well ignore the fact that Wenger inherited a good squad in the first place full of internationals at a club which was firmly established as one of England's biggest for decades and built from a solid base.IMO finishing 6th with Villa is a better achievement than getting 3rd with Arsenal.

The season BEFORE Wenger took over Arsenal - Villa finished higher than them in the league and knocked them out of the league cup!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:00 pm

QBVILLA wrote:
Malachite wrote:

Doubt it, he probably never even noticed Crooksy getting his pindick out of his Cords No

QB: You have to remember that mayonnaise as got access to copious amounts of stiffening gel for extra style and super boost putty cream........"Loreal, you know your worth it"

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:07 pm

Lionheart wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:
Lionheart wrote:

The season BEFORE Wenger took over Arsenal - Villa finished higher than them in the league and knocked them out of the league cup!!

Tis true, Bruce Rioch's side which read as (gunner's do forgive me if i get this a bit wrong)

........................................Seaman...................

Dixon.............................Bould/Keown .........Adams..................Winterburn

Parlour......................Platt....................Jensen..................helder

.....................................bergkamp........wright

Not a bad set of players i'd argue.
contrast that with

..........................................Sorensen..........................

Delaney...................mellberg.......Laursen....................Bouma

De La Cruz...................hendrie.............McCann.........Barry

.......................Baros..............Angel...........................

and i'd say wenger had a better foundation to build on
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:08 pm

Think the problem here is the misleading position we find ourselves in at the present time, we could so easily be sharing the same berth as Wet Spam, and it wouldn't be undermining the way we have played, we have been lucky...

Lucky.....that's something else that MON has had a huge massive injection of, the squad after 4 years is painfully thin, we take on a few injuries now and we will see the true value of MON's tenure.

Enjoyed the highs with MON as manager, but its reality check time, and Lerner must be thinking what the phuk as all this money gone on.

Personally i genuinely think thats why we haven't got managers breaking our door down to take the job, they all know this could go badly wrong for them, unless they get a massive amount to spend, which IMO isnt' going to happen again under this Chairman..

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:10 pm

QBVILLA wrote:
Lionheart wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:
Lionheart wrote:

Tis true, Bruce Rioch's side which read as (gunner's do forgive me if i get this a bit wrong)

........................................Seaman...................

Dixon.............................Bould/Keown .........Adams..................Winterburn

Parlour......................Platt....................Jensen..................helder

.....................................bergkamp........wright

Not a bad set of players i'd argue.
contrast that with

..........................................Sorensen..........................

Delaney...................mellberg.......Laursen....................Bouma

De La Cruz...................hendrie.............McCann.........Barry

.......................Baros..............Angel...........................

and i'd say wenger had a better foundation to build on

So MON inherited a team of 11 international players!! (well we always knew Barry would be)

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:12 pm

Malachite wrote:Think the problem here is the misleading position we find ourselves in at the present time, we could so easily be sharing the same berth as Wet Spam, and it wouldn't be undermining the way we have played, we have been lucky...

Lucky.....that's something else that MON has had a huge massive injection of, the squad after 4 years is painfully thin, we take on a few injuries now and we will see the true value of MON's tenure.

Enjoyed the highs with MON as manager, but its reality check time, and Lerner must be thinking what the phuk as all this money gone on.

Personally i genuinely think thats why we haven't got managers breaking our door down to take the job, they all know this could go badly wrong for them, unless they get a massive amount to spend, which IMO isnt' going to happen again under this Chairman..

Mal outside of the Sky 4 Villa are one of the stellar jobs.We have a good set of players at the club, which is also a well run club
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:21 pm

QBVILLA wrote:
Malachite wrote:Think the problem here is the misleading position we find ourselves in at the present time, we could so easily be sharing the same berth as Wet Spam, and it wouldn't be undermining the way we have played, we have been lucky...

Mal outside of the Sky 4 Villa are one of the stellar jobs.We have a good set of players at the club, which is also a well run club

QB: It is a well run club, its solvent, sort of, we should have far better depth in the squad than we have, MON signed players that most top clubs in the Premeirship wouldn't touch, and paid over valued amounts for and paid huge wages, to the point now where we can't afford to take anybody else on untill thse current players contracts run down.

We are over commited mate, which is why the club is making a loss, because of Lerner we have no problem, but if we where a Portsmouth or West Ham we'd be knackered, IMO thats what Lerner said to MON, told him, sorry mate, got to pull you in on this untill the business makes more sense, MON in turn bailed out because MON saw money as a very important factor in buying yet more average players.

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:43 pm

QBVILLA wrote:
villainies wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:

How is 6th punching above our weight when we're 5th in the league table since the premier league started and we've just spent £130 odd million.

AMBITION

how much have Man City spent in this one transfer window? or maybe even Sunderland in the last few years? As for our 5th place since the Prem was formed, great stuff but it counts for absolutely feck all

No doubt Man City have skewed things this season but Liverpool and Spurs should've remained in our sights. IMO we can write this season off now with the squad we have and no further additions likely until next summer. If fookin MON had moved on earlier we may have had the opportunity to get a manager in and get the three or four players in but instead he shafted us.
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:43 pm

Yeh the teams that have all fucked up this season below us better write it off aswell.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:55 pm

villainies wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:
villainies wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:

AMBITION

No doubt Man City have skewed things this season but Liverpool and Spurs should've remained in our sights. IMO we can write this season off now with the squad we have and no further additions likely until next summer. If fookin MON had moved on earlier we may have had the opportunity to get a manager in and get the three or four players in but instead he shafted us.

What a peanus writing the season off.

As for Mal suggesting we could be in West Ham's position, did you see any of the game v them, they were even more shite than Villainies comments about football
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:11 pm

Luton:

....And did you see the game v Newcastle and did you see the game v Rapid and v Everton, we could make a film and call it "Carry on Football" and if they where still with us we could stick Kenneth Williams and Hattie Jacques in charge, which would be most fitting because Kenneth Williams could have said straight after the Everton Game "Ooo I say"

Take nothing from the West Ham game, said that before, you could have beaten West Ham on your own, on that day.

Newcastle ran riot, Rapid scored at will, and Everton spent that much time in our half they lost sight of the fact they where there to score and not defend.

The Everton game was farcical, and on any other day they could have embarrassed us just as much as Newcastle did, in which case you would have returned to a very different perspective of Aston Villa in this season.....

I agree with Villainaise on this, and i said before the season kicked of, we are in for a very sticky season, a couple of bad injuries and we are stuffed.

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:12 pm

So villainies, according to you the jury is still out on Randy, MON has wasted over 130 million and we have been under achieving for the last 2 years, Delph and Downing are basically scrap and no good to any new manager and our season is over already. Anything else I have missed? Drama queen.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:21 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:So villainies, according to you the jury is still out on Randy, MON has wasted over 130 million and we have been under achieving for the last 2 years, Delph and Downing are basically scrap and no good to any new manager and our season is over already. Anything else I have missed? Drama queen.

I can help with this one.

errr Yeah, We have no manager, no money, a wafer thin squad, we've just gone out of Europe and it looks like we have got Kevin McDonald as our supremo......lets face it, those are the actual facts, anything else is pure speculation of what might be.

So is the jury still out on Randy, well i would put it like this, we've seen how he is in the good times, and anybody can be good in the good times, lets see how he cuts the musterd when the chips are down, when the going gets tough the tough get going, and on MON, again lets face it, all that will be answered at the end of the season, at which stage if we are right in the pooper then pretty much everybody will be pointing a finger in 1 direction.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A on Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:33 pm

Malachite wrote:
roadoftrinity wrote:So villainies, according to you the jury is still out on Randy, MON has wasted over 130 million and we have been under achieving for the last 2 years, Delph and Downing are basically scrap and no good to any new manager and our season is over already. Anything else I have missed? Drama queen.

errr Yeah, We have no manager, no money, a wafer thin squad, we've just gone out of Europe and it looks like we have got Kevin McDonald as our supremo......lets face it, those are the actual facts, anything else is pure speculation of what might be.

So is the jury still out on Randy, well i would put it like this, we've seen how he is in the good times, and anybody can be good in the good times, lets see how he cuts the musterd when the chips are down, when the going gets tough the tough get going, and on MON, again lets face it, all that will be answered at the end of the season, at which stage if we are right in the pooper then pretty much everybody will be pointing a finger in 1 direction.

You say we got no money, yet in January we'll spend at least 10 million.

I'll bump this post when it happens.
Jay.P.A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:36 pm

Jay.P.A wrote:
Malachite wrote:

You say we got no money, yet in January we'll spend at least 10 million.

I'll bump this post when it happens.

Please do Jay....but like i say, pure speculation.

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:17 pm

Malahite, your right about one thing, all of it is pure speculation, but who ever comes in to manager us I still think we have a decent squad of players, and if Young and Gabby can stay fit for most the season we will still get into the top 8.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:37 pm

Malachite wrote:Luton:

....And did you see the game v Newcastle and did you see the game v Rapid and v Everton, we could make a film and call it "Carry on Football" and if they where still with us we could stick Kenneth Williams and Hattie Jacques in charge, which would be most fitting because Kenneth Williams could have said straight after the Everton Game "Ooo I say"

Take nothing from the West Ham game, said that before, you could have beaten West Ham on your own, on that day.

Newcastle ran riot, Rapid scored at will, and Everton spent that much time in our half they lost sight of the fact they where there to score and not defend.

The Everton game was farcical, and on any other day they could have embarrassed us just as much as Newcastle did, in which case you would have returned to a very different perspective of Aston Villa in this season.....

I agree with Villainaise on this, and i said before the season kicked of, we are in for a very sticky season, a couple of bad injuries and we are stuffed.

My comment was regarding you saying we could be sharing the same berth as West Ham. While I accept we did not deserve to win v Everton, how many actual shots did Brad have to make
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:08 pm

RoT: Its that wing 'n' a prayer thing, the big if, you could be right, but for me there are two many grey areas in a squad that heavily relied on a certain individual to make it gel, and he's gone. That was always going to be the problem if MON left, i agree about Gabby and Ash, very reliant though.

Luton: That's my point, as you would expect with players like Arteta and Fellini and Co you would expect them to be far more accurate, they wasn't, we got the points, that's it, but we won't get to many of those breaks again, we will have to disagree, the only time I've seen Villa even get near to where they was last season was the first 45 v Rapid, i thought then, MON hangover done with, on we go, and then....

The squad is definitely not in shape but judge for yourself when we play Stoke.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top