About the current situation (Good Read)

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: About the current situation (Good Read)

Post  roadoftrinity on Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:37 pm

Malachite wrote:
RoT: Its that wing 'n' a prayer thing, the big if, you could be right, but for me there are two many grey areas in a squad that heavily relied on a certain individual to make it gel, and he's gone. That was always going to be the problem if MON left, i agree about Gabby and Ash, very reliant though.

Aren't every club reliant in their key players staying fit? Man U - Rooney, Arsenal - Fabragas, Liverpool - Gerrard and Torres, Chelsea - Lampard and Dogba. Any of them teams lose them players for a length of time and they will struggle to meet their targets, same as Villa with Young and Gabby.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:40 pm

villanfromluton wrote:
Malachite wrote:Luton:

....And did you see the game v Newcastle and did you see the game v Rapid and v Everton, we could make a film and call it "Carry on Football" and if they where still with us we could stick Kenneth Williams and Hattie Jacques in charge, which would be most fitting because Kenneth Williams could have said straight after the Everton Game "Ooo I say"

Take nothing from the West Ham game, said that before, you could have beaten West Ham on your own, on that day.

Newcastle ran riot, Rapid scored at will, and Everton spent that much time in our half they lost sight of the fact they where there to score and not defend.

The Everton game was farcical, and on any other day they could have embarrassed us just as much as Newcastle did, in which case you would have returned to a very different perspective of Aston Villa in this season.....

I agree with Villainaise on this, and i said before the season kicked of, we are in for a very sticky season, a couple of bad injuries and we are stuffed.

My comment was regarding you saying we could be sharing the same berth as West Ham. While I accept we did not deserve to win v Everton, how many actual shots did Brad have to make

None - the service to him was crap - with a better midfield he would have had a hat trick

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:41 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:
Malachite wrote:
RoT: Its that wing 'n' a prayer thing, the big if, you could be right, but for me there are two many grey areas in a squad that heavily relied on a certain individual to make it gel, and he's gone. That was always going to be the problem if MON left, i agree about Gabby and Ash, very reliant though.

Aren't every club reliant in their key players staying fit? Man U - Rooney, Arsenal - Fabragas, Liverpool - Gerrard and Torres, Chelsea - Lampard and Dogba. Any of them teams lose them players for a length of time and they will struggle to meet their targets, same as Villa with Young and Gabby.

Of course, but how many of those sides are able to cover for injured players and not loose to much of the impetus in the squad. All those sides have proven they can survive without those players you mention, perhaps with the exception of Liverpool.

You take Ashley Young and Gabriel Agbonlahor out of Villa, i can't even begin to imagine the impact that would have, IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:58 pm

Malachite wrote:

Luton: That's my point, as you would expect with players like Arteta and Fellini and Co you would expect them to be far more accurate, they wasn't, we got the points, that's it, but we won't get to many of those breaks again, we will have to disagree, the only time I've seen Villa even get near to where they was last season was the first 45 v Rapid, i thought then, MON hangover done with, on we go, and then....

The squad is definitely not in shape but judge for yourself when we play Stoke.

They certainly played good football against West Ham
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:02 pm

villanfromluton wrote:
Malachite wrote:

Luton: That's my point, as you would expect with players like Arteta and Fellini and Co you would expect them to be far more accurate, they wasn't, we got the points, that's it, but we won't get to many of those breaks again, we will have to disagree, the only time I've seen Villa even get near to where they was last season was the first 45 v Rapid, i thought then, MON hangover done with, on we go, and then....

Seriously Lutes. West Ham are fooked, they are shite. Rapid were average and Newcastle are Championship material. OK we got the result againt Everton but they were all over us like a cheap scent. This season will be a struggle.
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:08 pm

You are a moaning fceker, give it at least 10 games before writing off the season Rolling Eyes
villanfromluton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:18 pm

villanfromluton wrote:You are a moaning fceker, give it at least 10 games before writing off the season Rolling Eyes

I agree with this, it is early and i think the nest 4 or 5 games will tell, I agree with Villainies though Lutes, its going to be a toughie IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:44 am

We will finish 8th at worst, 6th at best
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:35 am

Interesting point here on Graham Taylors views. Not so sure about our world wide scouting under Gregory to be honest, but he is right we shouldn't be left open to more or less all managerial staff just walking out in one go.

“When I was on the board at Villa I asked the then manager, John Gregory, what he wanted, and how I could help,” said Taylor. “He said that Villa needed a better worldwide scouting system and I set about putting that in place for him.

“However, when I left it was not carried on. It’s the big area that is letting down Villa.

“I know Ian Storey-Moore, who was chief scout under O’Neill, and how the club operated.

“Villa did not take many players from abroad, it was mainly an English-based squad. That has to change. MacDonald and the board must never again be wide open to five senior members of the football staff leaving when the manager goes. It has wiped them out.”

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:49 am

roadoftrinity wrote:Interesting point here on Graham Taylors views. Not so sure about our world wide scouting under Gregory to be honest, but he is right we shouldn't be left open to more or less all managerial staff just walking out in one go.

“When I was on the board at Villa I asked the then manager, John Gregory, what he wanted, and how I could help,” said Taylor. “He said that Villa needed a better worldwide scouting system and I set about putting that in place for him.

“However, when I left it was not carried on. It’s the big area that is letting down Villa.

“I know Ian Storey-Moore, who was chief scout under O’Neill, and how the club operated.

“Villa did not take many players from abroad, it was mainly an English-based squad. That has to change. MacDonald and the board must never again be wide open to five senior members of the football staff leaving when the manager goes. It has wiped them out.”

It can only be good that those useless crony mates of MON left - never in the history of the club can a group of useless chancers like these have been on the payroll to do fook all

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:52 am

Lionheart wrote:

It can only be good that those useless crony mates of MON left - never in the history of the club can a group of useless chancers like these have been on the payroll to do fook all

Ha, I mainly added this for you Lion, thought you might spot it pretty quickly.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:55 am

RoT:

My thoughts exactly, its what i've been banging on about for ages.

I mentioned MON's downfall will be rooted in his transfer policy and only yesterday i mentioned the way MON managed a team it was obvious when he left the whole thing grinds to a halt, players become confused and if the chairman doesn't get his finger out will become disinterested, the team will go into decline, we are games away form that, and something like a few injuries combined with a few loses could trigger that.

On the face of it in layman's terms you could look at MON's tenure and say MON was excellent, did reasonably well, on the other hand and again as i mentioned yesterday, IMO, because of the way MON ran a team, and now he's not in charge in the due course of time all will be revealed but in the short term things get very akward, imagine the atmosphere at Villa after MON had gone.

Graham Taylor is bang on right, MON shaped Villa in a corrupt way knowing full well that if he was to deliver a body blow such as instantly quiting he would polax the club.

He's a deep one old MON is.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:00 am

roadoftrinity wrote:
Lionheart wrote:

Ha, I mainly added this for you Lion, thought you might spot it pretty quickly.

ROT

Its right though isn´t it

Did you ever see Walford or Robertson make any contribution during a game - none of those marker boards taking down formation changes etc

Just a bunch off useless jerks employed just because they are mates of MON

Fook knows how much they trousered between them in salaries over the four years

The previous goalie coach Nixon got ousted and walked straight into a job at Man Utd!!

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:34 pm

QBVILLA wrote:We will finish 8th at worst, 6th at best

top punditry
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:36 pm

villainies wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:
Malachite wrote:

Seriously Lutes. West Ham are fooked, they are shite. Rapid were average and Newcastle are Championship material. OK we got the result againt Everton but they were all over us like a cheap scent. This season will be a struggle.

Suspect
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:37 pm

villainies wrote:

top punditry

he didnt realise we were going to employ a clown at that time
villanfromluton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:39 pm

villanfromluton wrote:
villainies wrote:

top punditry

its fook all to do with the manager. Our squad wasn't good enough then and still isn't now.
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:43 pm

It was good enough to finish 6th last season. Yes we have lost Milner, we got Ireland as a replacement who lets be fair has not been given a proper chance or at least support from the current buffoon in charge. We have youngsters coming through. In other words, you are talking bollox. We certainly should not be where we are. Oh yes, I forgot super Robert Pires as well , loved his story about how lovely his car is that takes him to and from training every day Rolling Eyes
villanfromluton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:57 pm

it was a squad on its way down not up. it's been declining since the end of 2009. Villa fans have just got to face it and hope the kids and manager can save us and build on what we have left.
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:06 pm

villainies wrote:it was a squad on its way down not up. it's been declining since the end of 2009. Villa fans have just got to face it and hope the kids and manager can save us and build on what we have left.

Were fooked then if we have to hope this manager can save us Rolling Eyes
villanfromluton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:08 pm

villanfromluton wrote:

Were fooked then if we have to hope this manager can save us Rolling Eyes

Unfortunately that's what we have to do, we are stuck with him until at least the end of the season I think. To be honest, I could almost accept the current situation if he would learn to shut the **** up.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:11 pm

villainies wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:
villainies wrote:

top punditry

its fook all to do with the manager. Our squad wasn't good enough then and still isn't now.

I see you've been snorting the Persil off your ex's flaps today.Dickhead Tosspot
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:19 pm

QBVILLA wrote:
villainies wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:
villainies wrote:

top punditry

I see you've been snorting the Persil off your ex's flaps today.Dickhead Tosspot

You know I'm talking sense asshole. Our paper thin squad couldn't take losing Milner and a couple of key players were looking tired as last season progressed. This squad was never going to do that well.
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:21 pm

villainies wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:
villainies wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:
villainies wrote:

top punditry

You know I'm talking sense asshole. Our paper thin squad couldn't take losing Milner and a couple of key players were looking tired as last season progressed. This squad was never going to do that well.

Bollox.You reckon Stoke,Bolton and Sunderland have got better squads than us? I fecking well don't, they've just got good managers whereas we have a fecking moron in charge
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:22 pm

Stick to shagging your ex's and let the experts discuss the footy, you freak
villanfromluton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top