What Is It With Brum Fans?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: What Is It With Brum Fans?

Post  Tilton on Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:54 pm

Hello Bedshammer.

Yes, I like to take my time.

Only fools rush in.

Tilton

Posts : 1886
Join date : 2010-11-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What Is It With Brum Fans?

Post  Bedshammer on Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:01 pm

Tilton wrote:Hello Bedshammer.

Yes, I like to take my time.

Only fools rush in.

Very profound.
avatar
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Posts : 26426
Join date : 2009-05-25
Location : Bedfordshire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What Is It With Brum Fans?

Post  truevillan on Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:46 pm

Tilton: not really that bad ? it looked bad to me and would have looked "bad" which ever ground it happened in with whom evers teams fans it was ! thats an astonishing statement Rolling Eyes
avatar
truevillan

Posts : 509
Join date : 2009-07-23
Location : south birmingham

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What Is It With Brum Fans?

Post  Tilton on Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:46 am

I was following Blues home and away throughout the '80's so what happened Wednesday night wasn't anywhere near as serious as things that have gone on in the past.

I suppose it depends on what you've experienced but to me it wasn't that bad.

Tilton

Posts : 1886
Join date : 2010-11-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What Is It With Brum Fans?

Post  QBVILLA on Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:35 pm

Tilton wrote:I was following Blues home and away throughout the '80's so what happened Wednesday night wasn't anywhere near as serious as things that have gone on in the past.

I suppose it depends on what you've experienced but to me it wasn't that bad.


The 80s are in the dim and distant past, can't really judge crowd trouble today by those standards.
avatar
QBVILLA

Posts : 9649
Join date : 2009-05-27
Age : 39
Location : Costa del Quarry Bonk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What Is It With Brum Fans?

Post  Tilton on Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:49 pm

I can.

Why can't you?

Tilton

Posts : 1886
Join date : 2010-11-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What Is It With Brum Fans?

Post  Guest on Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:00 pm

Tilton wrote:I can.

Why can't you?


Because most people that where on the pitch the other night weren't even born back then, or where of an age that there main concern was when Mum was going to get there nappy changed, knew nothing of crowd control or crowd trouble, no comparison, old and outdated.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: What Is It With Brum Fans?

Post  Tilton on Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:17 pm

But why can't you compare it?

At St. Andrews I remember the riots against West Ham and Leeds for example.

Wednesday was absolutely nothing compared to those 2 games.

These were all instances of crown 'trouble' and just because they happened decades apart and some of those involved may have been different, doesn't mean you can't compare it.


Tilton

Posts : 1886
Join date : 2010-11-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What Is It With Brum Fans?

Post  Guest on Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:49 pm

Tilton wrote:But why can't you compare it?

At St. Andrews I remember the riots against West Ham and Leeds for example.

Wednesday was absolutely nothing compared to those 2 games.

These were all instances of crown 'trouble' and just because they happened decades apart and some of those involved may have been different, doesn't mean you can't compare it.


One very good reason you can't compare it is because security at games now is a world apart form the way it used to be 20 or 30 years ago, now its very professional, also you have professional agitators, my cousin was at the game the other night, Blues fan as with other members of the family, and he reckoned there where people getting up onto the pitch he didn't think where even Blues fans, how many times do we see these agitators travel between anything that is a potential flash point, simply to cause trouble, this trouble was widely predicted, also i know a top regional copper down here that said the Police where already getting feed back that there would be trouble and trouble makers at the game.

Tilton: Its happening all over now wait and see what happens at the student protests next week.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: What Is It With Brum Fans?

Post  Tilton on Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:23 pm

I said: "What actually happened wasn't that bad really".

As my post suggests, I'm talking about what actually happened.

I'm not trying to compare the differences in security measures, professional agitators or anything else - just what actually happened.

Unless you were in the ground or around the ground afterwards, all anybody else has seen is TV pictures. There was other stuff going on but this was nowhere near as serious as previous incidents. It doesn't matter if these were last month or 30 years ago, you can still compare the actual disorder.




Tilton

Posts : 1886
Join date : 2010-11-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What Is It With Brum Fans?

Post  QBVILLA on Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:29 pm

What i meant was it's a different era and as such these incidents are now few and far between.I remember as a kid watching from behind a fence, thankfully those days are long gone
avatar
QBVILLA

Posts : 9649
Join date : 2009-05-27
Age : 39
Location : Costa del Quarry Bonk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What Is It With Brum Fans?

Post  Tilton on Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:45 pm

QBVILLA wrote:What i meant was it's a different era and as such these incidents are now few and far between.I remember as a kid watching from behind a fence, thankfully those days are long gone

Yes, I agree.

But trouble is trouble, whenever it has happened.


Tilton

Posts : 1886
Join date : 2010-11-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What Is It With Brum Fans?

Post  Guest on Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:47 pm

Tilton wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:What i meant was it's a different era and as such these incidents are now few and far between.I remember as a kid watching from behind a fence, thankfully those days are long gone

Yes, I agree.

But trouble is trouble, whenever it has happened.


Thats true.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: What Is It With Brum Fans?

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum