Wigan

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Wigan

Post  roadoftrinity on Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:50 pm

The goal came from that stupid attempted flick by Young. Then we panicked.

Man U at home in the league next, they are unbeaten all season, 10-1 you can get on a Villa win.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A on Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:06 pm

took a massive deflection.

Collins was excellent today, again!
Jay.P.A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:43 pm

good result, was impressed with Makoun, he looks a very good passer of the ball, 1 touch and he could ping it out to players you wouldnt think he was even aware of.

Missed the first 18mins as didn't leave here till fairly late due to mate not being able to finish work until 5pm, once in Wigan the traffic wasn't moving and it was a few mins to kick off so we parked up and ran, 2 miles! exhausted, so got to the turnstile a few mins late, and I will accept plonker of the year award for this one, handed over my ticket and the guy says 'wrong game that mate' I'm like 'what' he says 'this ticket is for Blackpool', I had only gone and picket up the wrong tickets dozy idiot Mad

Thankfully the ticket collection kiosk around the corner was able to print us replacements once they had phoned Villa to check my details No

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:50 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:good result, was impressed with Makoun, he looks a very good passer of the ball, 1 touch and he could ping it out to players you wouldnt think he was even aware of.

Missed the first 18mins as didn't leave here till fairly late due to mate not being able to finish work until 5pm, once in Wigan the traffic wasn't moving and it was a few mins to kick off so we parked up and ran, 2 miles! exhausted, so got to the turnstile a few mins late, and I will accept plonker of the year award for this one, handed over my ticket and the guy says 'wrong game that mate' I'm like 'what' he says 'this ticket is for Blackpool', I had only gone and picket up the wrong tickets dozy idiot Mad

Thankfully the ticket collection kiosk around the corner was able to print us replacements once they had phoned Villa to check my details No

Makoun will be a serious player for us.. 6M will be a bargain compared to Sidwell n Reo.. His fitness will need to improve cus of the pace of Prem.. but once he gets that upto date and his heads not in the clouds he will be a very big asset.. UTV!
ADRIAN_1976

View user profile http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:45 am

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:good result, was impressed with Makoun, he looks a very good passer of the ball, 1 touch and he could ping it out to players you wouldnt think he was even aware of.

Very Happy Twonk
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:30 am

You trying to compete with Ades for thick cnut of the Villa board Rolling Eyes
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:37 am

villanfromluton wrote:

You trying to compete with Ades for thick cnut of the Villa board Rolling Eyes

He isnt around at the moment.. running late for work.. he jumped on the bus but instead of a bus pass he brought his passport with him Rolling Eyes
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:05 pm

Jay.P.A wrote:Well he's a great peno taker aswell. It's amazing what confidence can do, Gabby is really up for this game now.

Hasn't he missed every one he's taken? confused
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:22 pm

QBVILLA wrote:
Jay.P.A wrote:Well he's a great peno taker aswell. It's amazing what confidence can do, Gabby is really up for this game now.

Hasn't he missed every one he's taken? confused

We dont have a great penalty taker at the club IMO..
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:46 pm

After the Man U game we have a great run-in up until the last two games of the season. Anything better than 8th would be a good finish.
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:50 pm

Bent took Sunderlands penalties didn't he?

Ashley Young has obviously got better at them as he has scored the last few he has taken.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:52 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:Bent took Sunderlands penalties didn't he?

Ashley Young has obviously got better at them as he has scored the last few he has taken.

Hopefully when the keeper decides to stand still then it wont be a crucial one.

Young played well last night though, best game has had in a while.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:08 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:
Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:Bent took Sunderlands penalties didn't he?

Hopefully when the keeper decides to stand still then it wont be a crucial one.

Young played well last night though, best game has had in a while.

He buried the one at Chelsea in the corner of the net so there is variation.Anyway, any penalty that goes in is a good penalty, and yes Bent took them for Sunderland.
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:10 pm

QBVILLA wrote:

He buried the one at Chelsea in the corner of the net so there is variation.Anyway, any penalty that goes in is a good penalty, and yes Bent took them for Sunderland.

Young's got better at them, I just remember his pens against Arsenal away and Rapid Vienna at home been two of the worst pen's I've seen taken.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:14 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:

Young's got better at them, I just remember his pens against Arsenal away and Rapid Vienna at home been two of the worst pen's I've seen taken.

How about Petrov's against Vienna pale
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:31 pm

QBVILLA wrote:

How about Petrov's against Vienna pale

That was shocking.

After Gabby took one at Sunderland in a shoot out, I think MON said he didn't want to see him take another.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A on Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:33 pm

Cuellar can take a godly penalty aswell. For evidence, check his penalty against Juventus!
Jay.P.A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:51 pm

villainies wrote:After the Man U game we have a great run-in up until the last two games of the season. Anything better than 8th would be a good finish.

Anything better than 18th would be good with the season you lot are having.

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:10 pm

the team spirit is so much better then a few weeks ago, I expect us to finish in a comfortable mid table position now.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:11 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:
villainies wrote:After the Man U game we have a great run-in up until the last two games of the season. Anything better than 8th would be a good finish.

nice try Woohoo
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A on Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:27 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:

us*
Jay.P.A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top