Murray

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Murray

Post  villainies on Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:02 pm

jak wrote:......and let's not forget, the main man is missing!!!

one surface wonder?
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jak on Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:51 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:
jak wrote:......and let's not forget, the main man is missing!!!

Yup, beaten by Thomas Berdych who Murray annihilated. Not bad for a loser with no killer instinct, not good to win a slam etc etc. hey? cheers

Oh! So Nadal was there. Sorry!!

jak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:10 pm

Just accept it JAK, you were wrong about Murray. Very Happy The man is a superb tennis player, and now has a grand slam to back it up.

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 on Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:22 pm

Federer is a superb tennis player, Murray is a tennis-playing battler who, when he harnesses his spirit can fight his way to success. Federer has natural style, balance, poise and technical skill - he makes tennis look easy. Murray just fights his way through the points and I suspect that Lendl is the man responsible for getting him to show more professionalism in his game - Murray makes every point seem like a war, he certainly doesn't make tennis look easy.
Well done The Scot - I'm pleased to see a battler show that he can out-fight a more "poised" pro - but honestly, did you ever think he would win the match? I did, when I saw how he fought for that first set (although he almost threw it away) and then started walking away with the second but, there again, he made hard work of it. After that it didn't look good for him and I certainly didn't expect him to react as he did in the final set, that's the fighting spirit winning but not the "superb tennis player"!

jpr60

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:44 pm

It's a bit unfair to say because he's not got the skill of Federer he's not a superb tennis player. Federer is the best of all time. Nadal and Djokovic are real battlers too, that was the first time in 2 years Djok has lost on hard court. It was two of the top athletes in their sport, at the top of their game, fighting for every point. A superb tennis match and Murray is a very very worthy winner. Hopefully this will give him the self-belief and confidence to win a few more.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2