Aston Villa discipline Dunne & Collins after row

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Aston Villa discipline Dunne & Collins after row

Post  Jay.P.A on Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:00 pm

Aston Villa duo Richard Dunne and James Collins have been disciplined following an incident during a team bonding exercise at a health spa last week.

Villa manager Gerard Houllier said the club have "reacted strongly" to the central defenders' behaviour.

The pair have had to explain their actions at club disciplinary panels.

Dunne, 31, and Collins, 27, will not feature in Villa's vital relegation clash against Wolves on Saturday as they are both injured.

"It was dealt with by the club quickly and strongly but also internally, so I don't want to go into details over the rest," said Houllier. "I'm not going to talk about the specifics of this incident."

The Frenchman added: "We all make mistakes and sometimes you have to be aware of that and deal with that and understand that they are young."

Houllier confirmed that Dunne and Collins would be considered for selection once they recover from their injuries.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/aston_villa/9428261.stm

Good stuff.
Jay.P.A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Aston Villa discipline Dunne & Collins after row

Post  spirit on Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:27 pm

a lot of players are going to be bombed out in the summer, houllier has given certain players the chance to make it far easier, i don`t expect to see dunne next season, maybe collins can save himself, there seems to be a lot of unrest in the dressing room at villa, as much as i don`t rate houllier, i believe he is right to let the bad apples **** it up for themselves, we may get a team all pulling in the same direction next season

spirit

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:08 am

If it was players who had a history of this sort of thing then i'd probably feel differently.However, there is a possibilty that these two may just have a bloody point.Houllier and McAllister are shit, fcuk them off
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:06 am

QBVILLA wrote:If it was players who had a history of this sort of thing then i'd probably feel differently.However, there is a possibilty that these two may just have a bloody point.Houllier and McAllister are shit, fcuk them off

Houllier and McAllister weren't even there.

The players have obviously fucked up, according to the reports, they were giving abuse to both coaching staff and some players, Fabian Delph been one.

I ain't a fan of Houllier at all, but this ain't his fault.

Dunne has apparently been back on the piss for about a year now, and his form has shown it. Get rid of him, and Collins for that mater, my brother saw Collins in the German Market, night before a Villa game with a beer in his hand, and he was caught in Muchiu the night before a game, he claimed he was having a meal with his wife, at 11pm at night but sounds like bollocks.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer on Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:28 am

During his time at West Ham, I once saw James Collins having a stand-up row in Green Street after a game. He was out injured but had been to the game and as he drove away in his Range Rover either a fan bumped into it, or he bumped the fan. I think he can be an irritable so and so.

Was v funny, by the way.
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:49 am

roadoftrinity wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:If it was players who had a history of this sort of thing then i'd probably feel differently.However, there is a possibilty that these two may just have a bloody point.Houllier and McAllister are shit, fcuk them off

Houllier and McAllister weren't even there.

The players have obviously fucked up, according to the reports, they were giving abuse to both coaching staff and some players, Fabian Delph been one.

I ain't a fan of Houllier at all, but this ain't his fault.

Dunne has apparently been back on the piss for about a year now, and his form has shown it. Get rid of him, and Collins for that mater, my brother saw Collins in the German Market, night before a Villa game with a beer in his hand, and he was caught in Muchiu the night before a game, he claimed he was having a meal with his wife, at 11pm at night but sounds like bollocks.

He wasn't a troublemaker before and the coaching staff are Houllier's men.I'm all for senior pro's having their say especially when the manager and his assistant are fucking useless
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:55 am

QBVILLA wrote:

He wasn't a troublemaker before and the coaching staff are Houllier's men.I'm all for senior pro's having their say especially when the manager and his assistant are fucking useless

I agree, senior players should have their say, but not after a full day on the piss.

They are obviously in the wrong as they both came out and apologized the next say, saying they were out of order.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:58 am

Both of them will be gone with a whole lot of other MON deadwood in the summer. The problem may be keeping hold of some of the players we need, if its just Young and we get a good price then we're ok IMHO.
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ringo on Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:04 pm

I dont see that losing Dunne, Collins & Young is a real benefit to your team.

In actual fact, It may create even more of a drop in morale to the rest of the squad.
It will be interesting to see who Houllier splashes out on in the summer.
Ringo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:26 pm

well they can fook of and forget about parker thats for sure ....You never know they might want to by keane

Back to top Go down

Post  Ringo on Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:29 pm

We have a few worse than Keane to load onto the WHU bargain barra and the annual pilgrimage to the Villa market place.
Ringo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:57 pm

Feck them off if they insulted Gordon Cowans.
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:45 pm

villanfromluton wrote:Feck them off if they insulted Gordon Cowans.

Don't think they did, they were on the piss with Sid
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top