Well well well...where the hell do we go on from here?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Well well well...where the hell do we go on from here?

Post  Jay.P.A on Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:15 pm

In my opinion;

We've got a good squad, no scratch that, a great squad.

GH is good manager but I doubt he's ever been involved in a relagtion battle.

We've lacked a cutting edge ever since Milner left. Same thing could've happened when Barry left, but Milner just slotted in to the CM spot and made it his own.

Ashley Young is a bloody winger. We should try playing 4-4-2, just to get out of this relagation battle. Feel sorry for Gabby as well.

Where the hell is it going wrong? Squad Moral? or players like Dunne and Collins not liking this 'transitional' period?
Jay.P.A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Well well well...where the hell do we go on from here?

Post  roadoftrinity on Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:22 pm

In my opinion, the main problem is that the manager is a useless tnuc.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:09 pm

Where do you go from here? Let us pass you and you go down with brum please

Back to top Go down

Post  Ringo on Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:08 pm

To answer your initial question in one word...............

Down!
Ringo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:15 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:In my opinion, the main problem is that the manager is a useless tnuc.

Got an even worse assitant manager..

We should get Martin laursen involved at the club at some level..
ADRIAN_1976

View user profile http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer on Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:45 pm

What did go on with O'Neill? Isn't he taking the club to a tribunal? Was it the sale of Milner that pushed him over the edge?
He seems like a decent man to me, surely he wouldn't have jumped ship out of spite? So many questins - answers, please.
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:18 pm

Bedshammer wrote:What did go on with O'Neill? Isn't he taking the club to a tribunal? Was it the sale of Milner that pushed him over the edge?
He seems like a decent man to me, surely he wouldn't have jumped ship out of spite? So many questins - answers, please.

Wish we had them.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:01 pm

Jay.P.A wrote:In my opinion;

We've lacked a cutting edge ever since Milner left. Same thing could've happened when Barry left, but Milner just slotted in to the CM spot and made it his own.

Ashley Young is a bloody winger. We should try playing 4-4-2, just to get out of this relagation battle. Feel sorry for Gabby as well.

Where the hell is it going wrong? Squad Moral? or players like Dunne and Collins not liking this 'transitional' period?

Out of interest and amazement.What do you base that on?
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 on Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:20 pm

As a complete neutral I was interested to hear a couple of things about the situation at Villa.
There are at least two camps in the changing room and divisions were brought about (or exacerbated) by the arrival of the new manager. Apparently Houllier arrived to find a (in his opinion) poorly-conditioned group of players (in the physical sense) and went about correcting that immediately. Certain players rebelled - Carew being the obvious one - but several others resented the new bloke coming in and changing stuff around. Houllier appears to have been disappointed by the response from the players but has the full backing from the board with whom he has put together a mid to long-term (5 year) plan to improve the club's standing in the Premier League. Meanwhile the lack of togetherness in the squad places serious questions on their ability to escape the relegation dangers they are pretty close to at present. Obviously relegation would almost certainly remove Houllier but the frustration is that the ressources are there to avoid that happening - it's simply a question of the players pulling together to rescue the situation.
Man-management, eh?

jpr60

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villahagler69 on Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:07 pm

In hindsight I think GH should have handled the taking over of MON`s squad differently. He came in, changed training, changed playing style, ie a lot of changes in a short time. There are players suited to MON`s game plan Petrov,Dunne, Warnock and others. He could have worked with these players and utilised their strengths not a complete overhaul. If they dont fit in sell them on when we safely finish the season mid table, then bring in your own type of player that you want to play in your style ie Kyle Walker, Jean Makoun.

Supposedly the players who are pissed off said that the training had become like pre season training, lots of fitness work and running. Senior players like Dunne, Carew didnt quite take to these methods and rebelled. Players that didnt quite step up have either been moved on or in the extreme completely banished for example Stephen Warnock. A player MON said was his main target for seasons, cost 6million and went to the last World Cup. Even in our worst defensive injury crisis in a relegation battle he doesnt get a sniff. I have criticised his performances on many occasions, but has he really become that bad a player in the months since GH arrived?

Biasedly I believe we have the best team/squad of the bottom 10 teams and just on that we should survive. The problem lies with the man we have in charge of this talent. Hard work, team spirit, grit and determination beat us at Villa Park Saturday and unfortunately not even Randy Lerner can buy that for us now. I thought when Gary McAllister joined GH that he would be the hard nosed Jock, ex no nonsense player to shout the odds and whip the lads into gear for the battle. Beside him the methodical tactician quietly working out every detail. Instead they resemble the chuckle brothers, cluelessly rubbing their heads and shifting around uncomfortably.
One nil down to your Midland rivals in a relegation battle, you need someone to inject some pace, some ideas and drive into your flagging side, to make a crunching tackle in the middle of the park. Gerrard and Gary have just the man for the job...

37 year old Robert Pires. Good work fellas!

villahagler69

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 on Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:13 pm

If the players aren't prepared to put in a shift for the club (not necessarily for the boss) on the pitch I'm not sure what can be achieved. If the changing room is split then teamwork goes out the window - it's not looking good, which is crazy given the players Villa has in the squad. Who is captaining the side now? Perhaps he's the only bloke who can pull things together, for the sake of Aston Villa.

jpr60

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:43 am

jpr60 wrote:If the players aren't prepared to put in a shift for the club (not necessarily for the boss) on the pitch I'm not sure what can be achieved. If the changing room is split then teamwork goes out the window - it's not looking good, which is crazy given the players Villa has in the squad. Who is captaining the side now? Perhaps he's the only bloke who can pull things together, for the sake of Aston Villa.

Ashley Young Rolling Eyes And he was absolutely fucking shite against wolves Mad

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villahagler69 on Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:01 am

Ashley Young, is no leader of men and hasnt got the attributes to be a club captain. He has been given the job to keep him happy not for the gain of the team. He also has been given the playing position he wants, where everyone knows he`s better on the wings, takes all the penalties, freekicks and corners. All this is to satisfy his over inflated ego, while he looks elsewhere for a Champions League club come summer.

Not really to benefit the "team" is it??

villahagler69

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:06 am

jpr60 wrote:If the players aren't prepared to put in a shift for the club (not necessarily for the boss) on the pitch I'm not sure what can be achieved. If the changing room is split then teamwork goes out the window - it's not looking good, which is crazy given the players Villa has in the squad. Who is captaining the side now? Perhaps he's the only bloke who can pull things together, for the sake of Aston Villa.

Totally agree JPR.

villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:29 am

The Ashley Young situation is ridiculous. Taking free kicks at the end of the game which are just outside our own area, ones the keeper normally takes. It's bloody ridiculous. He is a decent player, but he is no captain and like others say, he is definitely leaving at the end of the season so give the captaincy to someone who might actually try and lead the players, other than think they are involved in the Ashley Young show.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A on Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:33 pm

QBVILLA wrote:

Honours.
Jay.P.A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:09 pm

Jay.P.A wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:

Honours.

Oh you mean he had success in the past?.
He's shit now
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A on Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:45 pm

LOL.
Jay.P.A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top