Team v Stoke

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Team v Stoke

Post  QBVILLA on Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:52 am

Who would you select against Stoke? despite Gabby coming on and getting the winner last week i'd stick with Heskey moreso because of his aerial ability when we're defending set pieces.Stoke have been shit on the road, but normally when a side are on a bad run or a player is going through a goal drought it tends to end when they face Villa Mad
Anyhow i'd go with the following to start

Friedel

Walker Dunne Collins L.Young

Downing Petrov NRC A.Young

Heskey Bent

subs:
Marshall
Makoun
Gabby
Albrighton
Clark
Cuellar
Baker

If it was away i'd be tempted to select Cuellar over Walker, but at home I expect us to be the team on the front foot and attacking wise Walker is the better option, though with the form Etherington is in he's in for a tough test.Should be the perfect game for our two centre halves with an aerial battle with kenwyne Jones, who on his day is a real threat.Hopefully his day was last week.Pennant's a threat but i've faith in Mr Steady Luke Young to deal with him.Reckon we'll just edge this 2-1
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Team v Stoke

Post  villanfromluton on Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:32 am

Would go for same team QB,

On another point, see that Delfonso was only a sub for Burnley the other night, dont seem to have done that great
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:09 am

villanfromluton wrote:Would go for same team QB,

On another point, see that Delfonso was only a sub for Burnley the other night, dont seem to have done that great

Don't think he's scored since his debut either.Still think he's a great prospect though.Has got good movement and gets his head up.I noticed Weimann scored for Watford at the weekend.Bloke who I work with follows the reserves and youth sides and he reckons that he's the one to watch.
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:26 am

Would go for Gabby with Bent. Thought Gabby looked good with him against Newcastle, plus I thought Heskey was a bit shit against West Ham. Think it's worth persisting with Bent and Gabby to see if they will work together as I see it that they are our best two strikers.

As for Delfounso, Gabby went on loan to Watford and did **** all, so you can take much notice of them, but I have my doubt about him.

Last edited by roadoftrinity on Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:31 am; edited 1 time in total

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:28 am

I'd probably go with Heskey but be prepared to bring on Gabby early if needs be.
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top