Lerner

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lerner

Post  villainies on Mon May 16, 2011 11:15 am

Really want to see RL take some early, positive action with the manager situation. For me GH isn't fit to continue in the role and the club needs a leader in there for the whole summer. Big couple of weeks coming up at Villa Park, quite happy the squad is having a proper rest this year and if we can hang on to all but Young and pick up the right players I think we'll bounce right back next season. UTV
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lerner

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Mon May 16, 2011 11:25 am

Whatever the desicion it needs to be made as soon as possible to avoid another season of transition.

Personally I think GH will keep the manager job, they have said that they already know which players they want to sign in the summer so looks like they are going ahead with building 'his' team.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Mon May 16, 2011 11:33 am

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:Whatever the desicion it needs to be made as soon as possible to avoid another season of transition.

Personally I think GH will keep the manager job, they have said that they already know which players they want to sign in the summer so looks like they are going ahead with building 'his' team.

I'm very nervous that GH could have more health problems. From the club's perspective they can't afford losing a manager for 6 weeks some point during the season. Maybe he should be heavily involved in the transition - i have no problem with that but putting him back in full time would be a risk IMO.
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Mon May 16, 2011 11:45 am

I would rather he went, don't think he has performed well enough this season and with his health problems it's to much of a risk.

However, if the club decide to continue with him, I hope the club come out and say it early so we can let everyone know he will be our manager and go after set targets.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Mon May 16, 2011 12:06 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:I would rather he went, don't think he has performed well enough this season and with his health problems it's to much of a risk.

However, if the club decide to continue with him, I hope the club come out and say it early so we can let everyone know he will be our manager and go after set targets.

totally agree. it wouldn't be my ideal choice to keep him on, but if he is to stay then the fans and players need to know now. Quite a bit of work needs doing this summer so we can't fook about like last year.
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Mon May 16, 2011 1:12 pm

One of the pundits yesterday, may have been Lawrenson, suggested his wife would have a major say in whether he carries on and he had heard she was against it. A decision has to be made in the week following the Liverpool game and a new man brought in.
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Mon May 16, 2011 1:16 pm

villainies wrote:

it wouldn't be my ideal choice to keep him on,

Considering you were adament that he was going to be the man to lead us to the Champions League, you seem to have changed your tune.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Mon May 16, 2011 1:22 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:
villainies wrote:

Considering you were adament that he was going to be the man to lead us to the Champions League, you seem to have changed your tune.

He chats shite, end of story
villanfromluton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Mon May 16, 2011 1:41 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:
villainies wrote:

Its his health I have an issue with. If he hadn't had problems we'd have finished 7th this season which under the circumstances would've been ok.
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Mon May 16, 2011 1:42 pm

villainies wrote:
roadoftrinity wrote:
villainies wrote:

Its his health I have an issue with. If he hadn't had problems we'd have finished 7th this season which under the circumstances would've been ok.

You must be off your head if you think we were going to finish 7th, we would have taken 17th a while back cos of the French imbecile Shocked
villanfromluton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Mon May 16, 2011 1:54 pm

villanfromluton wrote:
villainies wrote:
roadoftrinity wrote:
villainies wrote:

You must be off your head if you think we were going to finish 7th, we would have taken 17th a while back cos of the French imbecile Shocked

Think we'd have beaten Wigan and West Brom with GH in charge VFL. Those results would see us a point behind Everton in 8th.
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villahagler69 on Mon May 16, 2011 6:52 pm

In my opinion the best news for Aston Villa would be that GH`s doctors/wife talk him out of carrying on in his position. But I have a feeling the club and GH are already getting ready to sign up his summer targets and he will still be our manager come next season.
Big gamble in everyway for Randy Lerner to stick with him. One a health risk to GH himself and two a risk of losing our Premier League status if he carries on in the same form so far.

villahagler69

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 on Mon May 16, 2011 7:15 pm

Rafa Benitez has been touted as a likely replacement of GH who, although wanting to continue due to his love of the game might be pursuaded by friends and family (plus a large contingent of Villans if I understand well) to step down in the next week or so. Rafa Benitez? Is that good?

jpr60

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Internazionale_Villa on Tue May 17, 2011 2:35 pm

Hows it going chaps..i'd hate to have Rafa Benitez, he wasnt very popular at inter and some of his tactics leave you scratching your head. I've actually backed GH since we got him, i like the way he is trying to change our style, he's trying to make us play a more european style of football which is great, BUT surely we cant have someone in charge who has issues with health and im pretty sure his family will have a big say in what happens with his future. Hopefully we get this sorted quickly, from what i've seen (which aint much seeing as im currently working in afghanistan of all places) i'd like Owen Coyle, simply because he would continue with the transition of the way we play.

Internazionale_Villa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Tue May 17, 2011 2:39 pm

Internazionale_Villa wrote:Hows it going chaps..i'd hate to have Rafa Benitez, he wasnt very popular at inter and some of his tactics leave you scratching your head. I've actually backed GH since we got him, i like the way he is trying to change our style, he's trying to make us play a more european style of football which is great, BUT surely we cant have someone in charge who has issues with health and im pretty sure his family will have a big say in what happens with his future. Hopefully we get this sorted quickly, from what i've seen (which aint much seeing as im currently working in afghanistan of all places) i'd like Owen Coyle, simply because he would continue with the transition of the way we play.

Fairly sure he won't return TBH. I've been told his wife won't let him come back at any cost. Not sure about Rafa, it wouldn't be a disaster IMO but Moyesey will be better.
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Tue May 17, 2011 2:44 pm

villainies wrote:
Internazionale_Villa wrote:Hows it going chaps..i'd hate to have Rafa Benitez, he wasnt very popular at inter and some of his tactics leave you scratching your head. I've actually backed GH since we got him, i like the way he is trying to change our style, he's trying to make us play a more european style of football which is great, BUT surely we cant have someone in charge who has issues with health and im pretty sure his family will have a big say in what happens with his future. Hopefully we get this sorted quickly, from what i've seen (which aint much seeing as im currently working in afghanistan of all places) i'd like Owen Coyle, simply because he would continue with the transition of the way we play.

Fairly sure he won't return TBH. I've been told his wife won't let him come back at any cost. Not sure about Rafa, it wouldn't be a disaster IMO but Moyesey will be better.

Who told you that, the cleaner in the hairdressers. You do talk tosh. As for Rafa, no fceking way, would almost rather have o'dreary back than the FSW.
villanfromluton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Tue May 17, 2011 2:45 pm

villainies wrote:

Fairly sure he won't return TBH. I've been told his wife won't let him come back at any cost.

You mean you heard Mark Lawrenson say it on Match of the Day? Tosspot

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Tue May 17, 2011 2:46 pm

Very Happy thats what I was thinking Laughing

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Internazionale_Villa on Tue May 17, 2011 2:47 pm

I cant see Moyes coming IMO. Benitez actually would come which is scary. What you think of Coyle?

Internazionale_Villa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Tue May 17, 2011 2:49 pm

Done a good job at Bolton, although we could overtake them this weekend Laughing But I'm sure with better players at the villa he could do much better.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Internazionale_Villa on Tue May 17, 2011 2:50 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:Done a good job at Bolton, although we could overtake them this weekend Laughing But I'm sure with better players at the villa he could do much better.

Definatly, seems to be a likeable character aswell, think he'd get the best out the players here.

Internazionale_Villa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Tue May 17, 2011 3:01 pm

feckin lawro! Laughing my source texted me that weeks ago. lawro.....pfffffft.
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Tue May 17, 2011 4:46 pm

villainies wrote:feckin lawro! Laughing my source texted me that weeks ago. lawro.....pfffffft.

I bet your source told you before Houllier was taken ill Tosspot
villanfromluton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top