Historians

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Historians

Post  Tilton on Wed May 18, 2011 10:43 am

I know that we take the piss by calling Vilers 'Historians' because you're always banging on about your achievements in the dim and distant past, but I find this amazing!

You actually had a full time Historian earning £ 468.50 per week, until the club sacked him for misconduct. Anyway, he's just won some compo. Laughing

http://www.birminghammail.net/news/top-stories/2011/05/18/aston-villa-unfairly-sacked-historian-over-article-97319-28711895/

Tilton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Historians

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Wed May 18, 2011 11:08 am

I would think most clubs will need to hire a historian when they want to write factual and well put together pieces on a clubs history from more then a 100 years ago like in this situation, they just don't need to be very good historians at the blues Woohoo

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Wed May 18, 2011 11:11 am

Dont think your rabble will ever have to worry about employing one Wink .

WTF would he be doing anyway, what a waste of money.
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton on Wed May 18, 2011 11:12 am

But a full-time one earning that sort of money?

Especially as he's had nothing to write about for the last 15 years Laughing

Tilton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur on Wed May 18, 2011 11:12 am

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:I would think most clubs will need to hire a historian when they want to write factual and well put together pieces on a clubs history from more then a 100 years ago like in this situation, they just don't need to be very good historians at the blues Woohoo

It would be a part time job round at Birmingham.... an hour a week ought to cover it..
FrenchSpur

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur on Wed May 18, 2011 11:13 am

Tilton wrote:But a full-time one earning that sort of money?

Especially as he's had nothing to write about for the last 15 years Laughing

Ah but they would, the highs and lows of being in the premiership.....
FrenchSpur

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Wed May 18, 2011 11:16 am

FrenchSpur wrote:
Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:I would think most clubs will need to hire a historian when they want to write factual and well put together pieces on a clubs history from more then a 100 years ago like in this situation, they just don't need to be very good historians at the blues Woohoo

It would be a part time job round at Birmingham.... an hour a week ought to cover it..

Decade may be a more apt word in that sentence
villanfromluton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton on Wed May 18, 2011 11:28 am

Laughing 15 years and you've won feck all Laughing

Don't forget that!

Tilton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur on Wed May 18, 2011 11:33 am

Tilton wrote: Laughing 15 years and you've won feck all Laughing

Don't forget that!

Oh that's right your lot won the third rate cup this season I had forgotton all about that... must be the first thing you have won since Queen Victoria walked the earth.... Now you get to be all ballsy about it until later this week end when you go back to your normal place in the second tier...

Still I suppose you might get a trip to Azerbaijan or Albania in the qualifiers for the Europa
FrenchSpur

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A on Wed May 18, 2011 11:50 am

Don't forget that!

Ahem....

Cool
Jay.P.A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Wed May 18, 2011 12:05 pm

Embarassed , what about the inter toto cup in 2001 as well Embarassed
villanfromluton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton on Wed May 18, 2011 12:08 pm

Ok, if you want to include them then we won 2 cups out in China before the season started Laughing

Tilton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Wed May 18, 2011 12:12 pm

I remember the Blues winning the biggest trophy i had ever seen prior to 78/79 season and banging on how brilliant they were going to be. Didnt win a game for months Very Happy
villanfromluton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur on Wed May 18, 2011 12:13 pm

Tilton wrote:Ok, if you want to include them then we won 2 cups out in China before the season started Laughing

Two words come to mind... Barrel and scraping
FrenchSpur

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton on Wed May 18, 2011 12:14 pm

FrenchSpur wrote:

Don't forget that!

Oh that's right your lot won the third rate cup this season I had forgotton all about that... must be the first thing you have won since Queen Victoria walked the earth.... Now you get to be all ballsy about it until later this week end when you go back to your normal place in the second tier...

Still I suppose you might get a trip to Azerbaijan or Albania in the qualifiers for the Europa

You wouldn't be calling it a 'third rate cup' if Spurs had won it though, would you?

You'd be taunting Arsenal fans with the fact that you'd won something and they still hadn't.

Am I right?

Tilton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur on Wed May 18, 2011 12:54 pm

Tilton wrote:
FrenchSpur wrote:

Don't forget that!

You wouldn't be calling it a 'third rate cup' if Spurs had won it though, would you?

You'd be taunting Arsenal fans with the fact that you'd won something and they still hadn't.

Am I right?

Quite probably...... Laughing Laughing

Oh all right yes.... Shocked Shocked Shocked
FrenchSpur

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Wed May 18, 2011 1:25 pm

who cares, blues won a cup that will quickly be forgotten about, it will still go down to the pure facts that birmingham has won two major trophies (both the lowest rank major trophy) while villa has won 23 major trophies (one being the ultimate for any club, only 4 winners in England) and thats all that will be remembered.

Enjoy your moment, its brief and brings you no where near to the prestige achieved by your main rivals.

Oh and yes I've been drinking on my lunch break, so what eh eh!! Laughing

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Internazionale_Villa on Wed May 18, 2011 1:48 pm

From an open top tour bus to potentially playing 46+ games next season in the championship+europe with little to no money and your best players most likely jumping ship. Must be a great time to be a bluenose

Internazionale_Villa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton on Wed May 18, 2011 1:53 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:who cares, blues won a cup that will quickly be forgotten about, it will still go down to the pure facts that birmingham has won two major trophies (both the lowest rank major trophy) while villa has won 23 major trophies (one being the ultimate for any club, only 4 winners in England) and thats all that will be remembered.

Enjoy your moment, its brief and brings you no where near to the prestige achieved by your main rivals.

We won't forget it in a hurry! And until you win something else, neither will you.

That's the thing you see; it's a big achievement for a club like Blues. Against all the odds we went and won a major cup.

I bet you've never been there when your club has won a major trophy, have you?

Razz

Tilton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton on Wed May 18, 2011 1:57 pm

Internazionale_Villa wrote:From an open top tour bus to potentially playing 46+ games next season in the championship+europe with little to no money and your best players most likely jumping ship. Must be a great time to be a bluenose

We didn't have an open top bus. The Council wouldn't let us. Health & Safety grounds.

As for the rest of it, you forget, we're used to this shit.

Tilton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur on Wed May 18, 2011 2:00 pm

Tilton wrote:
Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:who cares, blues won a cup that will quickly be forgotten about, it will still go down to the pure facts that birmingham has won two major trophies (both the lowest rank major trophy) while villa has won 23 major trophies (one being the ultimate for any club, only 4 winners in England) and thats all that will be remembered.

We won't forget it in a hurry! And until you win something else, neither will you.

That's the thing you see; it's a big achievement for a club like Blues. Against all the odds we went and won a major cup.

Razz

SO we have to listen to you going on about how you won the milk cup for the next 50 years before you win again do we ??
FrenchSpur

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Internazionale_Villa on Wed May 18, 2011 2:02 pm

Tilton wrote:
Internazionale_Villa wrote:From an open top tour bus to potentially playing 46+ games next season in the championship+europe with little to no money and your best players most likely jumping ship. Must be a great time to be a bluenose

We didn't have an open top bus. The Council wouldn't let us. Health & Safety grounds.

Laughing fair enough..you have to laugh though..all i think about regarding the blues is when your fans stormed the pitch acting like you'd just won the champions league after beating us

Internazionale_Villa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton on Wed May 18, 2011 2:16 pm

FrenchSpur wrote:
Tilton wrote:

Razz

SO we have to listen to you going on about how you won the milk cup for the next 50 years before you win again do we ??

You don't have to listen to me going on about anything. You choose to read my posts.

Tilton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton on Wed May 18, 2011 2:17 pm

Internazionale_Villa wrote:
Tilton wrote:

Laughing fair enough..you have to laugh though..all i think about regarding the blues is when your fans stormed the pitch acting like you'd just won the champions league after beating us

Laughing Yeah, it was a great night.

Tilton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Wed May 18, 2011 2:45 pm

Tilton wrote:

Razz

I wasn't there in 96 if thats what your asking, I did watch it though.

And it is forgotten, thats the thing about trophies, people remember the stats of who has won what and how many times they don't really care when it was, if its in the past its in the past the only thing that matters in football is how your team will do in the next game.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top