2010/11

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 2010/11

Post  villainies on Sat May 28, 2011 11:25 am

Internazionale_Villa wrote:Why the hate for Houllier? 9th place isnt bad for his first season in charge considering he had no pre-season with us and only had January to buy players.

Don't bother Inter, I've tried to have the same conversation but apparently regardless of the fact we lost our only decent central midfielder, huge injuries, no striker to speak of and a defence firmly on the downward spiral we should've secured 6th no problem!!!!
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Sat May 28, 2011 11:32 am

We only got 9th cos the remainder were shite
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Sat May 28, 2011 12:03 pm

Decision on GH is close.

source: "if Moyes isn't appointed I'm sleeping in the picasso!" Very Happy
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Sat May 28, 2011 12:13 pm

villainies wrote:Decision on GH is close.

Does your missus have to put up with you spouting shite all the time as well?
villanfromluton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Sat May 28, 2011 12:18 pm

On thursday it was 24 hours, 48 later and still nothing, your source is taking you for a fucking mug mate!

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Sat May 28, 2011 1:36 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:

On thursday it was 24 hours, 48 later and still nothing, your source is taking you for a fucking mug mate!

this isn't a precise science we're dealing with here. I think we need to cut the source some slack on this one.
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur on Sat May 28, 2011 1:39 pm

villainies wrote:
Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:

this isn't a precise science we're dealing with here. I think we need to cut the source some slack on this one.

I love it... Your source was dead certain a couple of days ago now you want to cut him some slack ???

cheers cheers cheers cheers
FrenchSpur

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Sat May 28, 2011 1:55 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:

thats cos he is cheers
villanfromluton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Sat May 28, 2011 2:12 pm

villanfromluton wrote:
Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:

thats cos he is cheers

Jester Jester
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Sat May 28, 2011 2:17 pm

villainies wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:
Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:

thats cos he is cheers

Jester Jester

Is that you and your mate Ades dancing around?

villanfromluton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Internazionale_Villa on Sat May 28, 2011 5:24 pm

Im pretty sure GH will stay. Wasnt he at Villa Park other day at some tournament or something, he signed autographs etc.

Internazionale_Villa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Sun May 29, 2011 10:29 am

Internazionale_Villa wrote:Why the hate for Houllier? 9th place isnt bad for his first season in charge considering he had no pre-season with us and only had January to buy players.

Unbelievable.With two games to go,Arsenal away and Liverpool at home we were still in a relegation fight.A side that had recorded three straight sixth places that is.That was one of the worst seasons I can remember given the level of player the manager had at his disposal.Houllier is fecking hopeless.Fcuk him off now.
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Sun May 29, 2011 12:18 pm

It was a bad season no doubt, but finishing 9th sounds far better then when we was 16th under O'leary so was it as bad as we think or have our expectations just been raised by 3 years in 6th

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Sun May 29, 2011 3:30 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:It was a bad season no doubt, but finishing 9th sounds far better then when we was 16th under O'leary so was it as bad as we think or have our expectations just been raised by 3 years in 6th

Yes it was as bad as we think.If after 36 games there is still a possibility of relegation with a squad (without Milner but with Bent)who finished 6th with our highest ever points total since the Premiership became a 20 team division then there is a problem.Unlike what O'Leary had to work with,Houllier had a squad full of internationals.Finishing 9th papered over many cracks, we were shocking last season.
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Internazionale_Villa on Sun May 29, 2011 4:33 pm

We finished 9th. Your telling me thats bad after the season we've had? Liverpool were in the relagation zone for 2 weeks do you think they're fans will be moaning at finishing 6th. You must be one of the "fickle fans" DOL was always on about

Internazionale_Villa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer on Sun May 29, 2011 4:47 pm

Bedsy
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A on Sun May 29, 2011 7:29 pm

QBVILLA wrote:
Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:It was a bad season no doubt, but finishing 9th sounds far better then when we was 16th under O'leary so was it as bad as we think or have our expectations just been raised by 3 years in 6th

Yes it was as bad as we think.If after 36 games there is still a possibility of relegation with a squad (without Milner but with Bent)who finished 6th with our highest ever points total since the Premiership became a 20 team division then there is a problem.Unlike what O'Leary had to work with,Houllier had a squad full of internationals.Finishing 9th papered over many cracks, we were shocking last season.

There were too many factors which made our season so shit - you can't put the whole blame on Houllier, who started managing us in late September - We'd already played about 6-8 games by then.

Bent joined in January - GH saw that our strikers (Gabby, Carew, Heskey and Delfouneso) were not doing the business so he got us Darren Bent, just the sort of striker we've been craving for years. He also signed Makoun, who is a quality player.

You said it yourself really, with 36 games played, with relagation still a possibility - and then we still go on to finish 9th, just shows how fecked the PL was this season. In the last 10 games we picked up 15 points, beating Arsenal, Liverpool, Newcastle, West Ham, but lost to Bolton, West Brom, and Wolves.
Jay.P.A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Mon May 30, 2011 1:19 pm

Internazionale_Villa wrote:We finished 9th. Your telling me thats bad after the season we've had? Liverpool were in the relagation zone for 2 weeks do you think they're fans will be moaning at finishing 6th. You must be one of the "fickle fans" DOL was always on about

Yes i must be or it could be that you are a berk
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Mon May 30, 2011 1:24 pm

QBVILLA wrote:
Internazionale_Villa wrote:We finished 9th. Your telling me thats bad after the season we've had? Liverpool were in the relagation zone for 2 weeks do you think they're fans will be moaning at finishing 6th. You must be one of the "fickle fans" DOL was always on about

Yes i must be or it could be that you are a berk

Fecking bully Mad
villanfromluton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Mon May 30, 2011 1:26 pm

Marvellous Laughing Laughing
ADRIAN_1976

View user profile http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Mon May 30, 2011 1:30 pm

Oh look it's Null and Void on the scene to share their wisdom Tosspot Tosspot
I've read some guff on here this season but anyone who thinks Houllier did a good job is either on the wind up or a complete dipstick
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Mon May 30, 2011 1:35 pm

QBVILLA wrote:Oh look it's Null and Void on the scene to share their wisdom Tosspot Tosspot
I've read some guff on here this season but anyone who thinks Houllier did a good job is either on the wind up or a complete dipstick

Got to say I agree with you regarding Houllier, how we got 9th place god only knows. Need to get this manager thing sorted out, feel sorry for the bloke with his illness, but we have to get someone in place to sort out the changes that are needed
villanfromluton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Mon May 30, 2011 1:46 pm

villanfromluton wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:Oh look it's Null and Void on the scene to share their wisdom Tosspot Tosspot

Got to say I agree with you regarding Houllier, how we got 9th place god only knows. Need to get this manager thing sorted out, feel sorry for the bloke with his illness, but we have to get someone in place to sort out the changes that are needed

We got ninth because outside of the top 4 the league was shit.We conceded more goals than we did in O'leary's last season and were generally shit all season.Houllier disrespected the fans and the club from day one and whilst I have sympathy for the man's health i still think he's a cnut.
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Mon May 30, 2011 1:51 pm

Jay.P.A wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:

There were too many factors which made our season so shit - you can't put the whole blame on Houllier, who started managing us in late September - We'd already played about 6-8 games by then.

Bent joined in January - GH saw that our strikers (Gabby, Carew, Heskey and Delfouneso) were not doing the business so he got us Darren Bent, just the sort of striker we've been craving for years. He also signed Makoun, who is a quality player.

You said it yourself really, with 36 games played, with relagation still a possibility - and then we still go on to finish 9th, just shows how fecked the PL was this season. In the last 10 games we picked up 15 points, beating Arsenal, Liverpool, Newcastle, West Ham, but lost to Bolton, West Brom, and Wolves.

Did it need a genius to decide that darren bent would score goals for us? Makoun has done very little as yet but hopefully will come good given time.I'd also like to remind you that Houllier was the man who signed Pires and played him ahead of many of our young players.How about his Anfield love in? the FA Cup submission? Wolves and Sunderland at home?
Sorry Jay but whilst i admire that you're trying to find positives in Houllier i can't agree with you.He's the worst manager i've seen at Villa Park since Billy Mcneill, another cnut who thought he was bigger than the club.
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A on Tue May 31, 2011 11:02 am

I agree with you to a certain extent QB, I was just pointing out that our shit season can't solely be blamed on just GH.

When MON left, it was a shock and I knew immiediately that this season could turn out to be a write-off/transitional season, but still kept hope that it would be a good season for us. Think most fans accepted by Decemeber that it wasn't going to be a great season and just hoped it would end soon, hopefully with us still being in the PL. Injuries, player revolts and unrest plus poor management decisions contributed to the poor season we've had, but we've ending up finishing 9th.

Doesn't look like GH is going to stay now, so I really don't hope it turns out to be another 'write-off/transitional' season, especially with some players leaving the club.
Jay.P.A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top