2010/11

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 2010/11

Post  QBVILLA on Tue May 31, 2011 11:12 am

Jay.P.A wrote:I agree with you to a certain extent QB, I was just pointing out that our shit season can't solely be blamed on just GH.

When MON left, it was a shock and I knew immiediately that this season could turn out to be a write-off/transitional season, but still kept hope that it would be a good season for us. Think most fans accepted by Decemeber that it wasn't going to be a great season and just hoped it would end soon, hopefully with us still being in the PL. Injuries, player revolts and unrest plus poor management decisions contributed to the poor season we've had, but we've ending up finishing 9th.

Doesn't look like GH is going to stay now, so I really don't hope it turns out to be another 'write-off/transitional' season, especially with some players leaving the club.

Oh I don't blame Houllier entirely for the shit season but as manager he has to shoulder the large proportion of the blame.Hopefully he is gone tomorrow and the beginning of June is a great time for a new gaffer to come in with two months before the season begins.
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Tue May 31, 2011 11:47 am

Still be a difficult season for a new manager but nothing compared to coming in after 8 games or whatever it was with GH. Also, hopefully the new manager won't have to put up with the awful injuries we had for the first half of last season. His first job will be to try and make sure its only Young that leaves and not Downing too. 7th or 8th would be a good season.
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Internazionale_Villa on Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:28 am

Where did MON finish in his first season?

Internazionale_Villa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:52 am

Internazionale_Villa wrote:Where did MON finish in his first season?

11th with a squad that had finished teh previous season 16th, therefore he improved it by 5 places.We also finished on 50 points, more than this season and 8 more than the previous campaign with a better goal difference and less defeats than was recorded in this seasons 9th place finish.Anyway why did you ask that, i'm sure you could have easily looked it up.
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:03 am

QBVILLA wrote:

11th with a squad that had finished teh previous season 16th, therefore he improved it by 5 places.We also finished on 48 points, same as this season with a better goal difference and less defeats.Anyway why did you ask that, i'm sure you could have easily looked it up.

He didn't have player unrest to deal with though, and we all thought that the team was far better then 16th which is why O'leary was so despised.

MON should have probably done a bit better in his first season, I remember we drawed way to many games, wasn't there like 22 games period without a clean sheet and about 2 wins?

Anyway it doesn't matter, both crap seasons, difference was MON proceeded O'leary and GH has had to proceed MON which wasn't going to be easy after 3 straight 6th spots.

The league was harder for everyone this year, and with MON walking 5 days before the season kicked off, and some senior player unrest, GH coming in 8 games in I just can't level to much of the blame on him, it was always going to be a disappointing season the moment MON abandoned us. Yes GH isn't completely off the hook, he made some right stupid decisions of his own, the Liverpool fiasco, criticizing Lichaj for a defeat, the signing of Pires and the weak team in the F.a cup, but we used to moan at MON for also making stupid mistakes like bizarre team selections and falling out with players and selling them on the cheap to replace them with someone no better for more money.

This is why I'm happy to let GH have a full season in charge of the club, as the improvement in the team play towards the end was noticeably better, far better. Give him a full Pre-season and let him bring his own players in and see how he does, there can be no excuses by this time next year.

Having said that the health problems are a worry, and I think decisions need to be made soon, is he healthy or not, if he is then I'm all for him carrying on, if they are not 100% sure then make the change now as it will be another ruined season if he has to leave mid season.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:12 am

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:
Having said that the health problems are a worry, and I think decisions need to be made soon, is he healthy or not, if he is then I'm all for him carrying on, if they are not 100% sure then make the change now as it will be another ruined season if he has to leave mid season.

And that's the issue, I don't think Houllier has done well enough, however, if he hadn't been taken ill then I would have accepted him been given a full season, however, there is no way we can risk it happened again and the changed needs to be made, and it looks like it will be.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:14 am

Who was it that said decision was going to be made in 24 hours last..... Thursday? was it? Very Happy

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:15 am

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:Who was it that said decision was going to be made in 24 hours last..... Thursday? was it? Very Happy

I'm ignoring anything that Villaines says. :)

I think we will know something today, if not today it will be this week and the signs certainly seem to be that Houllier is leaving.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:46 am

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:

11th with a squad that had finished teh previous season 16th, therefore he improved it by 5 places.We also finished on 48 points, same as this season with a better goal difference and less defeats.Anyway why did you ask that, i'm sure you could have easily looked it up.

He didn't have player unrest to deal with though, and we all thought that the team was far better then 16th which is why O'leary was so despised.

MON should have probably done a bit better in his first season, I remember we drawed way to many games, wasn't there like 22 games period without a clean sheet and about 2 wins?

Anyway it doesn't matter, both crap seasons, difference was MON proceeded O'leary and GH has had to proceed MON which wasn't going to be easy after 3 straight 6th spots.

The league was harder for everyone this year, and with MON walking 5 days before the season kicked off, and some senior player unrest, GH coming in 8 games in I just can't level to much of the blame on him, it was always going to be a disappointing season the moment MON abandoned us. Yes GH isn't completely off the hook, he made some right stupid decisions of his own, the Liverpool fiasco, criticizing Lichaj for a defeat, the signing of Pires and the weak team in the F.a cup, but we used to moan at MON for also making stupid mistakes like bizarre team selections and falling out with players and selling them on the cheap to replace them with someone no better for more money.

This is why I'm happy to let GH have a full season in charge of the club, as the improvement in the team play towards the end was noticeably better, far better. Give him a full Pre-season and let him bring his own players in and see how he does, there can be no excuses by this time next year.

What was the cause of the player unrest/ And while i can't speak for everyone i didn't despise O'Leary because i thought he wasn't getting the best out of the players at his disposal.I couldn't stand the twat for comments where he compared us to Charlton and the constant excuses.The majority of the players that O'neill inherited and subsequently got rid of went down the divisions.

QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:49 am

roadoftrinity wrote:
Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:Who was it that said decision was going to be made in 24 hours last..... Thursday? was it? Very Happy

I'm ignoring anything that Villaines says. :)

I think we will know something today, if not today it will be this week and the signs certainly seem to be that Houllier is leaving.

Wise choice, the man's a herbert
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:10 am

I reckon villainies is lying low having made a plonker of himself again Very Happy
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:36 am

Laughing The decision has already been taken. You just don't know about it yet.
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:41 am

villainies wrote:

What decision? To appoint Moyes? He's at 6/1 still, someone with the contacts you have can make a fortune there.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:16 pm

villainies wrote:

See your talking bollocks, of course we all know a decision will be made one way or another. And whatever it is and when ever we hear about it doesn't give your source any credibility that it was made within 24 hours of last thursday dipshit.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:17 pm

I said a month ago there is no way Houllier would be returning and Moyes would be appointed. Looks like GH certainly won't be returning and Moyes is up there as second favourite so its not all that far away is it really numbnuts?
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ringo on Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:20 pm

villainies wrote:I said a month ago there is no way Houllier would be returning and Moyes would be appointed. Looks like GH certainly won't be returning and Moyes is up there as second favourite so its not all that far away is it really numbnuts?

Moyes to Villa???
Hell, what planet are you on?

Martin Jol is looking like your option.
Although it could get better and you get Rafa!
Ringo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:45 pm

villainies wrote:I said a month ago there is no way Houllier would be returning and Moyes would be appointed. Looks like GH certainly won't be returning and Moyes is up there as second favourite so its not all that far away is it really numbnuts?

Bollocks, its an obvious conclusion that the press has also come to, If Moyes isn't our next manager then what are you going to come out with?

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Internazionale_Villa on Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:49 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:

Spot on AVFC. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but like AVFC says GH with a full pre-season and some more of his type of signings and we'd be back up there IMO.

Internazionale_Villa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:55 pm

What are you talking about? When I wrote that there was no talk in the press about GH leaving or a replacement. Moyes is the first target but Everton need to find a suitable replacement.
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:06 pm

villainies wrote:What are you talking about? When I wrote that there was no talk in the press about GH leaving or a replacement. Moyes is the first target but Everton need to find a suitable replacement.

There has been talk that GH should leave since he became ill.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:44 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:
villainies wrote:What are you talking about? When I wrote that there was no talk in the press about GH leaving or a replacement. Moyes is the first target but Everton need to find a suitable replacement.

There has been talk that GH should leave since he became ill.

Until Tuesday morning no-one had written that GH will definitely be on his way. Apart from HP of course. Wink
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:50 pm

villainies wrote:

Until Tuesday morning no-one had written that GH will definitely be on his way. Apart from HP of course. Wink

Villainies HP -

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1389570/Aston-Villa-set-axe-Gerard-Houllier-David-Moyes.html?ITO=1490

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:04 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:
villainies wrote:

Villainies HP -

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1389570/Aston-Villa-set-axe-Gerard-Houllier-David-Moyes.html?ITO=1490

Only a month later than HP.
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top