Stewart Downing..

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Stewart Downing..

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:09 pm

If reports are to be believed we are not supposed to be getting all of the Ash Young money to spend but have money for a keeper.. that still should gives us 15M plus the Downing money.. so a kitty of 35M to buy a GK, LB/RB, CB, Winger and CM.
ADRIAN_1976

View user profile http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:10 pm

Jay.P.A wrote:20m for Downing and we'll be laughing.

Only if we get a player in who is at the very least as good as Downing.This is the third time in the last 20 yrs where we've been a couple of players short of having a real crack at the top of the table only to end up selling our best players and giving us no chance.Feck the premiership
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jak on Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:12 pm

villanfromluton wrote:
Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:£20m for a player of Downing's quality is an absolute joke. He's a fairly above average winger who really hasn't justify a price tag of that amount. Villa should leap at that amount of money.

So he is not worth as much as Henderson Rolling Eyes

There again, I recall someone taking the p when Villa bought Ashley Young, saying he was average. Cant remember who that was Shocked

I've got to say that, in terms of very good players, Young is very average.

jak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:13 pm

jak wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:
Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:£20m for a player of Downing's quality is an absolute joke. He's a fairly above average winger who really hasn't justify a price tag of that amount. Villa should leap at that amount of money.

There again, I recall someone taking the p when Villa bought Ashley Young, saying he was average. Cant remember who that was Shocked

What would you know? You think Denilson is the.................oh hang on
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:40 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:If reports are to be believed we are not supposed to be getting all of the Ash Young money to spend but have money for a keeper.. that still should gives us 15M plus the Downing money.. so a kitty of 35M to buy a GK, LB/RB, CB, Winger and CM.

Beyond a keeper I don't think a penny of the Young money will be in the pot. Don't you think we need someone up front?
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:45 pm

jak wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:

Well considering we made approx 7m on him, I would suggest it was good business by MON
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:52 pm

MON's three most expensive signings -

Milner - brought for £12 million, sold for £26 million
Young - brought for £9.6 million, sold for £18 million
Downing - Brought for £12 million, likely to be sold for £20 million

£30 million profit from them three players, yes he has brought some crap as well, but what manager hasn't.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Internazionale_Villa on Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:05 pm

Why do you all want a new CM? Thats the department that needs strengthening the least. Im more worried by our lack of keeper and same back 4 as last season. We defiantly need to replace Young and Downing

Internazionale_Villa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:30 pm

Internazionale_Villa wrote:Why do you all want a new CM? Thats the department that needs strengthening the least. Im more worried by our lack of keeper and same back 4 as last season. We defiantly need to replace Young and Downing

We do need a new central midfielder, NRC has gone, so we have Petrov, Makoun, Delph and Ireland. Only Petrov is capable of making a tackle out of all them players, Delph has not managed a run of games without getting injured and Ireland is a nutter.

We need two wingers, another central midfield, a left back, goal keeper for definite. I would like to ship out Dunne or/and Collins and get a new centre back/s in as well.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:37 pm

jak wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:

Second to only Ronaldo in assists the one year, I don't know the stats for other seasons but he got a hell of a lot of assists considering the quality up front to finish them. And bagged a decent haul of goals from his position, I'd say to call him average shows a slight bit of arrogance and ignorance the 'I don't like him, he doesn't play for us so he must be shit' line of thinking.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A on Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:40 pm

jak wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:

Bahahaha!

2nd most assists in the league in the last 5 years, only behind Fabregas.
Jay.P.A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:09 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:
Internazionale_Villa wrote:Why do you all want a new CM? Thats the department that needs strengthening the least. Im more worried by our lack of keeper and same back 4 as last season. We defiantly need to replace Young and Downing

We do need a new central midfielder, NRC has gone, so we have Petrov, Makoun, Delph and Ireland. Only Petrov is capable of making a tackle out of all them players, Delph has not managed a run of games without getting injured and Ireland is a nutter.

We need two wingers, another central midfield, a left back, goal keeper for definite. I would like to ship out Dunne or/and Collins and get a new centre back/s in as well.

Think Cuellar will stay and move to CB in place of Dunne. I'd like to see us get shot of Heskey and bring someone else in to compete with Delfuenso and Gabby to partner D.Bent.
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Bonds on Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:39 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:
jak wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:

Second to only Ronaldo in assists the one year, I don't know the stats for other seasons but he got a hell of a lot of assists considering the quality up front to finish them. And bagged a decent haul of goals from his position,
I'd say to call him average shows a slight bit of arrogance and ignorance the 'I don't like him, he doesn't play for us so he must be shit' line of thinking

To say to a fellow hammer just coz villa at the time stumped up lots more cash than us to get him is utter bollox...He goes down easier than a fecking ti hooker.. he has a one dimension game plan....you chose your team and used it as a shop window and now has moved to a massive club, where iam sure he will one day win trophys , more than he ever acheived at the villa...Young aint worth a half a packet of jak's worthers original...let alone the fee villa received

Billy Bonds
Sir Twat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:41 pm

Billy Bonds wrote:
Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:
jak wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:

Second to only Ronaldo in assists the one year, I don't know the stats for other seasons but he got a hell of a lot of assists considering the quality up front to finish them. And bagged a decent haul of goals from his position,
I'd say to call him average shows a slight bit of arrogance and ignorance the 'I don't like him, he doesn't play for us so he must be shit' line of thinking

To say to a fellow hammer just coz villa at the time stumped up lots more cash than us to get him is utter bollox...He goes down easier than a fecking ti hooker.. he has a one dimension game plan....you chose your team and used it as a shop window and now has moved to a massive club, where iam sure he will one day win trophys , more than he ever acheived at the villa...Young aint worth a half a packet of jak's worthers original...let alone the fee villa received

Mark, you are talking complete tosh. He has been with villa for 4 years and given good service and going for double the money, good business IMHO. Sorry to see him go, but think the time is right for him to do so to be honest.
villanfromluton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jak on Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:10 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:
jak wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:

Second to only Ronaldo in assists the one year, I don't know the stats for other seasons but he got a hell of a lot of assists considering the quality up front to finish them. And bagged a decent haul of goals from his position, I'd say to call him average shows a slight bit of arrogance and ignorance the 'I don't like him, he doesn't play for us so he must be shit' line of thinking.

So he's one of the PL greats? Or one of the PL averages?

jak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jak on Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:13 pm

villanfromluton wrote:
jak wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:

Well considering we made approx 7m on him, I would suggest it was good business by MON

Good business indeed. Feckin brilliant in fact. That's the stupidity of football these days. The price tag doesn't make the player though.

jak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:22 pm

Indeed not Jak, but the fact he is high on the top of the premiership assist people over the last 4 years, not exactly a poor player, especially considering the team he has been playing for is not one of the top 4 teams.
villanfromluton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jak on Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:26 pm

villanfromluton wrote:Indeed not Jak, but the fact he is high on the top of the premiership assist people over the last 4 years, not exactly a poor player, especially considering the team he has been playing for is not one of the top 4 teams.

I never said poor, he's certainly not a poor player, he's Mr Average, the PL is full of them at the moment.

jak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 on Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:27 pm

villanfromluton wrote:Indeed not Jak, but the fact he is high on the top of the premiership assist people over the last 4 years, not exactly a poor player, especially considering the team he has been playing for is not one of the top 4 teams.

I don't really see the logic there Lutes old Son. If you're a top player playing in a weak team chances are you're gonna make and/or score the most goals. If you're playing in a top team your opportunities are going to be lessened by the effect of other top players getting their action in. Hence, IMO your man Downing's stats - I certainly don't see Downing as a top player.

jpr60

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:36 pm

jpr60 wrote:

I don't really see the logic there Lutes old Son. If you're a top player playing in a weak team chances are you're gonna make and/or score the most goals. If you're playing in a top team your opportunities are going to be lessened by the effect of other top players getting their action in. Hence, IMO your man Downing's stats - I certainly don't see Downing as a top player.

Well according to Jay, Fabregas came top in assists over last few years, that tends to suggest otherwise. The top teams create more chances, yes I agree spread more evenly, but the fact is Villa havent exactly been a poor team anyway over those seasons. I acept he is not a world beater, but he is certainly better than average player. As for Downing, I was impressed with him last season, albeit in an average team, but consider he is worth 20m with the current prices being bandied around. Anyway, you should be more concerned about your best players leaving Wink
villanfromluton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 on Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:42 pm

villanfromluton wrote:
jpr60 wrote:

Well according to Jay, Fabregas came top in assists over last few years, that tends to suggest otherwise. The top teams create more chances, yes I agree spread more evenly, but the fact is Villa havent exactly been a poor team anyway over those seasons. I acept he is not a world beater, but he is certainly better than average player. As for Downing, I was impressed with him last season, albeit in an average team, but consider he is worth 20m with the current prices being bandied around. Anyway, you should be more concerned about your best players leaving Wink

Well yes, I am and I certainly don't want us being linked with another team's average players, if you catch my drift. Average we've got (ask jak), I'm looking for top players - like Fabregas. The question is, do they exist? And if not, why not keep our top player (who is on contract for another four years)? It's complicated is football, largely complicated by money (Chelsea, ManC and, to a certain extent ManU - not to mention Barca, Real Madrid, Inter etc etc).

jpr60

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:46 pm

Think the scale of rating a player is being used a bit bizarrely here.

If Young who was probably the best player in the whole 4 years under MON, in a team that finished 6th out of 92 professional football teams is average, then what to we count players who aren't anywhere near as good further down the league, in the league below, or below that, or below that. All of which must be better footballers then most people otherwise we would all be chucking in our day job to earn 2k a week at a lower league club.

He isn't world class, he was good, very good, really when you look at it in that context he is a great footballer, not world class but not average not by any means.

Mark, I have no idea what you on about me saying what to a West Ham fan, but as for the bit where you said he only joined Villa because we chucked more money at it, well excuse me but If I remember correctly it was West Ham that pushed his price up to £9.6m before we even bid for him and he turned you down (that was when egg head would have paid any wage demands) and then we had to match the fee already agreed for West Ham, so as usual your talking out your fecking arse mate.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jak on Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:51 pm

villanfromluton wrote:
jpr60 wrote:

Show some respect!!!! jpr and I have decided to give you the benefit of our, far, superior football knowledge. On top of which we bring some sobriety to this board. So sit back, tuck into a pie, listen and learn. Kinky

jak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:58 pm

jak wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:
jpr60 wrote:

Show some respect!!!! jpr and I have decided to give you the benefit of our, far, superior football knowledge. On top of which we bring some sobriety to this board. So sit back, tuck into a pie, listen and learn. Kinky

The way things are going, you may be joining us in the second division of the premier league the way things are going cheers
villanfromluton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 on Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:07 pm

villanfromluton wrote:
jak wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:
jpr60 wrote:

The way things are going, you may be joining us in the second division of the premier league the way things are going cheers

You mean, the way things are going, eh?

jpr60

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top