Mark Hughes...

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Mark Hughes...

Post  roadoftrinity on Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:26 am

Internazionale_Villa wrote:Does Pat Murphy have sauces though?

I fecking hope so, I had £20 on Hughes at 10/1, but after what he said I have laid the bet off so I get £130 profit if Hugh doesn't get the job, and £30 if he does.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur on Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:49 am

Reddi! wrote:
jpr60 wrote:
FrenchSpur wrote:He said he is a young ambitious manager and wants to further his experience at a decent club.... So I would reckon he is off to Chelsea...

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Decent? Chelsea? That's like saying "Honest. Fifa".

Or "Football. Spurs".

You have just managed to make a bit of a tit of yourself there hacent you.... I believe we have for the last few seasons finished above you... So if we are not playing football what on earth are your lot doing ????
FrenchSpur

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:49 am

According to Talksport Lerner has been put off by the way Hughes has quit Fulham.Last year it was reported that Lerner wouldn't approach a manager who was under contract as he didn't believe that it was morally correct.All very admirable but in today's game I don't know if it's a wise choice to be so idealistic.So on that basis we're looking at Ancelotti and Jol.I'm not to over enthused with Jol but would prefer that to the other option,McClaren Sad
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:51 am

FrenchSpur wrote:
Reddi! wrote:
jpr60 wrote:
FrenchSpur wrote:He said he is a young ambitious manager and wants to further his experience at a decent club.... So I would reckon he is off to Chelsea...

Or "Football. Spurs".

You have just managed to make a bit of a tit of yourself there hacent you.... I believe we have for the last few seasons finished above you... So if we are not playing football what on earth are your lot doing ????

last two Frenchie, so a couple yes,a few, no
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:57 am

QBVILLA wrote:According to Talksport Lerner has been put off by the way Hughes has quit Fulham.Last year it was reported that Lerner wouldn't approach a manager who was under contract as he didn't believe that it was morally correct.All very admirable but in today's game I don't know if it's a wise choice to be so idealistic.So on that basis we're looking at Ancelotti and Jol.I'm not to over enthused with Jol but would prefer that to the other option,McClaren Sad

According to this guy Pat Murphy, that's not true on no approaching managers. I think they took that approach last time due to the time in the season it was. This is what he says, obviously, no idea how true this is but he seems to know a bit about Lerner. All probably a load of bullshit but I just cant entertain the thought that we are just left with Jol and McClaren if Ancelotti tells us to do one.

BBC wrote:
“I don’t believe that Hughes is Villa’s number one target – I think they’ve already settled on a number one target and quite rightly they won’t tell me who that is,” he said.

“I don’t think this has done Mark Hughes a lot of favours in the eyes of [Villa owner] Randy Lerner who is quite hot on these things.

“It’s not true that they coveted Hughes last summer. I understand Fulham are also unimpressed by Hughes’s behaviour in the last 24 hours or so. I would say the odds against Mark Hughes have lengthened over the last few hours in terms of being Villa manager.

“It’s a bit of a myth Lerner doesn’t want managers under contract. What he’ll do is approach the club and say we want to talk to your manager and that brings in [Everton boss] David Moyes.

“There are also free agents – Steve McClaren, Martin Jol, Rafa Benitez – but being a free agent is not getting them extra bonus points in the eyes of Randy Lerner. They’ll have no qualms about approaching a club for a manager that’s under contract.”

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:01 am

Well lets hope that Pat Murphy knows his shit.If we can't get Ancelotti, then Moyes has to IMO be the next one to look at.A feeling of utter dread fills me with the mention of Benitez and McClaren.I don't think that ultimately we'll be able to get Ancelotti, but then again I didn't think we'd get O'Neill when we did so you never know.
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:06 am

QBVILLA wrote:Well lets hope that Pat Murphy knows his shit.If we can't get Ancelotti, then Moyes has to IMO be the next one to look at.A feeling of utter dread fills me with the mention of Benitez and McClaren.I don't think that ultimately we'll be able to get Ancelotti, but then again I didn't think we'd get O'Neill when we did so you never know.

I only wanted one of Ancelotti, Moyes, Hughes in that order, if it's not one of them I cant think who there is that I would want.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 on Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:07 am

McClaren might not be as bad as we think. Before the England post he'd a good cv, including assisting Fergie at ManU and since the England job he's done OK - he just seems to come across as a pillock but I'm sure he knows his football.

jpr60

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:09 am

jpr60 wrote:McClaren might not be as bad as we think. Before the England post he'd a good cv, including assisting Fergie at ManU and since the England job he's done OK - he just seems to come across as a pillock but I'm sure he knows his football.

I don't doubt he knows his football and this he is probably technically a good coach, but as I said in another post, he is just too weak, we had dressing room unrest last season and I just don't think he will be the man to sort it out.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:09 am

roadoftrinity wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:Well lets hope that Pat Murphy knows his shit.If we can't get Ancelotti, then Moyes has to IMO be the next one to look at.A feeling of utter dread fills me with the mention of Benitez and McClaren.I don't think that ultimately we'll be able to get Ancelotti, but then again I didn't think we'd get O'Neill when we did so you never know.

I only wanted one of Ancelotti, Moyes, Hughes in that order, if it's not one of them I cant think who there is that I would want.

How about Jol? I'm not too keen on the Jol idea myself, but he seems to be getting support from Villa fans elsewhere.There's also Lambert,but with Young almost certainly leaving i think we need a manager with a high profile to ensure that Downing and Bent don't also do one
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:11 am

QBVILLA wrote:

How about Jol? I'm not too keen on the Jol idea myself, but he seems to be getting support from Villa fans elsewhere.There's also Lambert,but with Young almost certainly leaving i think we need a manager with a high profile to ensure that Downing and Bent don't also do one

Lamberts just signed a new deal, Jol would be my 4th choice, but not for any other reason than he isn't Rafa or McLaren.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:12 am

jpr60 wrote:McClaren might not be as bad as we think. Before the England post he'd a good cv, including assisting Fergie at ManU and since the England job he's done OK - he just seems to come across as a pillock but I'm sure he knows his football.

Hoddle and Souness also spring to mind as blokes who know their stuff but as managers I wouldn't want them at my club.McClaren IMO made himself a figure of fun and it's difficult to come back from that.Ask Lutes, he'll tell you bounce
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:13 am

roadoftrinity wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:

Lamberts just signed a new deal, Jol would be my 4th choice, but not for any other reason than he isn't Rafa or McLaren.

I know, but there could well be release clauses in there and whilst I don't think he'd walk away from norwich at this moment in time you never know
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 on Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:15 am

I reckon Jol will end up at Fulham now.

jpr60

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Reddi! on Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:24 am

FrenchSpur wrote:
Reddi! wrote:
jpr60 wrote:

Or "Football. Spurs".

nibble nibble
Reddi!

View user profile http://www.yma-associates.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer on Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:48 am

QBVILLA wrote:According to Talksport Lerner has been put off by the way Hughes has quit Fulham.Last year it was reported that Lerner wouldn't approach a manager who was under contract as he didn't believe that it was morally correct.All very admirable but in today's game I don't know if it's a wise choice to be so idealistic.So on that basis we're looking at Ancelotti and Jol.I'm not to over enthused with Jol but would prefer that to the other option,McClaren Sad

Also, the behaviour of Hughes's agent. Kia Joorabchian. (I didn't know that until today) You really don't want that man anywhere near your club.
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Internazionale_Villa on Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:52 am

As much as i love Inter Milan, PLEASE LERNER SIGN ANCELOTTI!

Internazionale_Villa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:54 am

Bedshammer wrote:

Also, the behaviour of Hughes's agent. Kia Joorabchian. (I didn't know that until today) You really don't want that man anywhere near your club.

Indeed.I only found out he was his agent today, very off putting
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer on Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:56 am

Did I hear on the radio that Hughes isn't allowed to talk to other clubs till next month? There's something a bit wrong about this, don't you think?
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:58 am

Bedshammer wrote:Did I hear on the radio that Hughes isn't allowed to talk to other clubs till next month? There's something a bit wrong about this, don't you think?

That was written into his contract when he signed for Fulham, has to give a months notice in effect
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:00 am

If by some disaster its not MOYES then Ancelotti would be nice but I'd worry he might not be there for the long haul. I think Villa need another period of stability, MOYES and HUGHES could offered that I reckon. Think the fans would respond well to Jol but none of the others mentioned.
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:10 am

villainies wrote:If by some disaster its not MOYES then Ancelotti would be nice but I'd worry he might not be there for the long haul. I think Villa need another period of stability, MOYES and HUGHES could offered that I reckon. Think the fans would respond well to Jol but none of the others mentioned.

Backtracking now are we, told you before, leave the crystal ball anitcs to the resident expert
villanfromluton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:11 am

By the way, Hughes aint exactly got a great record for sticking at clubs
villanfromluton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer on Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:21 am

villanfromluton wrote:
Bedshammer wrote:Did I hear on the radio that Hughes isn't allowed to talk to other clubs till next month? There's something a bit wrong about this, don't you think?

That was written into his contract when he signed for Fulham, has to give a months notice in effect

Do you think he'd quit without having something lined up?
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:23 am

Bedshammer wrote:

Do you think he'd quit without having something lined up?

I didn't know, and still think it's unlikely, but all the bit of information coming out of Villa Park seem to be that they haven't spoken to him and aren't interested at the moment.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top