Mark Hughes...

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Mark Hughes...

Post  Bedshammer on Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:29 am

roadoftrinity wrote:
Bedshammer wrote:

Do you think he'd quit without having something lined up?


I didn't know, and still think it's unlikely, but all the bit of information coming out of Villa Park seem to be that they haven't spoken to him and aren't interested at the moment.

So, if not VP, then where?? Suspect Suspect
avatar
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Posts : 26426
Join date : 2009-05-25
Location : Bedfordshire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Hughes...

Post  roadoftrinity on Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:32 am

Bedshammer wrote:

So, if not VP, then where?? Suspect Suspect

Maybe Tony Fenandez wants him at West Ham Very Happy

Then again, maybe Villainies is right, Moyes is going to quit Everton to become Villa manager and Hughes will takeover there. Then again, I think the Tony Fenandez idea was more believable.

roadoftrinity

Posts : 2849
Join date : 2009-06-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Hughes...

Post  villanfromluton on Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:32 am

Bedshammer wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:
Bedshammer wrote:Did I hear on the radio that Hughes isn't allowed to talk to other clubs till next month? There's something a bit wrong about this, don't you think?

That was written into his contract when he signed for Fulham, has to give a months notice in effect

Do you think he'd quit without having something lined up?

Who knows Beds, but the talk coming via local journalists suggest that Villa have had no dealings and Lerner would not be impressed with him shaking hands on a new deal and going back on it. They actually contacted Fulham before he quit yesterday to confirm there had been no contact with Mark Hughes or his associates. Thing about Lerner, unlike some chairmen I can think of, is he does his business quietly and doesnt seem the sort to make illegal approaches
avatar
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Posts : 15241
Join date : 2009-05-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Hughes...

Post  villainies on Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:45 am

villanfromluton wrote:
villainies wrote:If by some disaster its not MOYES then Ancelotti would be nice but I'd worry he might not be there for the long haul. I think Villa need another period of stability, MOYES and HUGHES could offered that I reckon. Think the fans would respond well to Jol but none of the others mentioned.

Backtracking now are we, told you before, leave the crystal ball anitcs to the resident expert

Nah, HP is sticking with Moyesey. Also we need to remember that the fickles don't like foreign managers so maybe that rules out Jol, Carlo and Rafa. Hughes had 5 years with Wales 4 with Blackburn was given the boot at Man City. Its only Fulham he has walked from after a short period.
avatar
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Posts : 6323
Join date : 2009-05-26
Location : Bristol

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Hughes...

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:59 am

I hope it not McClaren or Rafa affraid

1.Moyes 2.Ancelloti 3.Jol 4.Hughes

Moyes n Ancelloti is a close run thing.. would be very happy with either..

avatar
ADRIAN_1976

Posts : 6124
Join date : 2009-05-28
Location : Birmingham

View user profile http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Hughes...

Post  villanfromluton on Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:50 pm

villainies wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:
villainies wrote:If by some disaster its not MOYES then Ancelotti would be nice but I'd worry he might not be there for the long haul. I think Villa need another period of stability, MOYES and HUGHES could offered that I reckon. Think the fans would respond well to Jol but none of the others mentioned.

Backtracking now are we, told you before, leave the crystal ball anitcs to the resident expert

Nah, HP is sticking with Moyesey. Also we need to remember that the fickles don't like foreign managers so maybe that rules out Jol, Carlo and Rafa. Hughes had 5 years with Wales 4 with Blackburn was given the boot at Man City. Its only Fulham he has walked from after a short period.

So if he did well for us for a couple of years and Man U or Chelski came calling, he would say no. Would he Tosspot

As for foreign managers, Hughes is a taffy, so he is as foreign as they come
avatar
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Posts : 15241
Join date : 2009-05-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Hughes...

Post  jpr60 on Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:52 pm

Here it is :

Jol to Fulham;
Hughes to Chelsea (his walking out on Fulham has all the makings of an Abramovich move);
McClaren to Villa.


jpr60

Posts : 15486
Join date : 2009-06-08
Age : 50
Location : London

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Hughes...

Post  QBVILLA on Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:53 pm

On Talksport this morning the guest journo said that Fayed was ready to give Hughes the bullet earlier this season whe Fulham were struggling.Allegedly he was talked round by some of the senior pros but he reckoned that Hughes may well have quit because of this.Personally I think he's got a job lined up. Villa have denied that it's us which can or cannot be believed and there seems to be a growing rumour that it's Chelsea.However, Cardiff have got some money being pumped in now so although a long shot i wouldn't rule it out.
avatar
QBVILLA

Posts : 9649
Join date : 2009-05-27
Age : 39
Location : Costa del Quarry Bonk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Hughes...

Post  villainies on Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:10 pm

Would Chelsea really go for Hughes? He's not really done anything yet has he?
avatar
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Posts : 6323
Join date : 2009-05-26
Location : Bristol

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Hughes...

Post  roadoftrinity on Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:13 pm

villainies wrote:Would Chelsea really go for Hughes? He's not really done anything yet has he?

Why does it mater where the **** Hughes is going?

You have assured as that Moyes is joining. When do you think it will be confirmed?

roadoftrinity

Posts : 2849
Join date : 2009-06-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Hughes...

Post  villainies on Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:15 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:
villainies wrote:Would Chelsea really go for Hughes? He's not really done anything yet has he?

Why does it mater where the **** Hughes is going?

You have assured as that Moyes is joining. When do you think it will be confirmed?

making polite conversation.

Don't know when the club will announce it, still MOYES though.
avatar
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Posts : 6323
Join date : 2009-05-26
Location : Bristol

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Hughes...

Post  Internazionale_Villa on Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:16 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:
villainies wrote:Would Chelsea really go for Hughes? He's not really done anything yet has he?

Why does it mater where the **** Hughes is going?

You have assured as that Moyes is joining. When do you think it will be confirmed?

Thought i was the only one with reliable sauces, obviously not.

Internazionale_Villa

Posts : 309
Join date : 2011-05-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Hughes...

Post  villanfromluton on Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:20 pm

Internazionale_Villa wrote:
roadoftrinity wrote:
villainies wrote:Would Chelsea really go for Hughes? He's not really done anything yet has he?

Why does it mater where the **** Hughes is going?

You have assured as that Moyes is joining. When do you think it will be confirmed?

Thought i was the only one with reliable sauces, obviously not.

Think villanies source had been "on the sauce" when he gave him his knowledge
avatar
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Posts : 15241
Join date : 2009-05-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Hughes...

Post  Jay.P.A on Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:25 pm

I'd rather we get Ancelotti now, but look at our supposed shortlist; Ancelotti, Moyes, Jol, and Hughes. Not a bad list of managers at all.
avatar
Jay.P.A

Posts : 2549
Join date : 2009-05-31
Age : 28
Location : London

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Hughes...

Post  roadoftrinity on Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:33 pm

villainies wrote:

making polite conversation.

Don't know when the club will announce it, still MOYES though.

Been serious now as you obviously believe it, have you put a bet on it?

roadoftrinity

Posts : 2849
Join date : 2009-06-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Hughes...

Post  roadoftrinity on Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:34 pm

Jay.P.A wrote:I'd rather we get Ancelotti now, but look at our supposed shortlist; Ancelotti, Moyes, Jol, and Hughes. Not a bad list of managers at all.

You missed McClaren and Benitez.

roadoftrinity

Posts : 2849
Join date : 2009-06-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Hughes...

Post  villainies on Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:41 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:
villainies wrote:

making polite conversation.

Don't know when the club will announce it, still MOYES though.

Been serious now as you obviously believe it, have you put a bet on it?

Nah I don't gamble.
avatar
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Posts : 6323
Join date : 2009-05-26
Location : Bristol

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Hughes...

Post  villanfromluton on Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:42 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:
Jay.P.A wrote:I'd rather we get Ancelotti now, but look at our supposed shortlist; Ancelotti, Moyes, Jol, and Hughes. Not a bad list of managers at all.

You missed McClaren and Benitez.

and Martinez
avatar
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Posts : 15241
Join date : 2009-05-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Hughes...

Post  roadoftrinity on Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:43 pm

villainies wrote:

Nah I don't gamble.

How's it a gamble if it's guaranteed? Very Happy

roadoftrinity

Posts : 2849
Join date : 2009-06-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Hughes...

Post  Reddi! on Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:44 pm

villainies wrote:
roadoftrinity wrote:
villainies wrote:

making polite conversation.

Don't know when the club will announce it, still MOYES though.

Been serious now as you obviously believe it, have you put a bet on it?

Nah I don't gamble.

Only with his marriage!
avatar
Reddi!

Posts : 1198
Join date : 2011-05-19
Age : 54
Location : Worcestershire, England

View user profile http://www.yma-associates.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Hughes...

Post  Jay.P.A on Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:15 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:
Jay.P.A wrote:I'd rather we get Ancelotti now, but look at our supposed shortlist; Ancelotti, Moyes, Jol, and Hughes. Not a bad list of managers at all.

You missed McClaren and Benitez.

I fecking hope they're not in the bloody equation. We'll play the shittest football ever under these 2.
avatar
Jay.P.A

Posts : 2549
Join date : 2009-05-31
Age : 28
Location : London

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Hughes...

Post  jpr60 on Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:51 pm

jpr60 wrote:Here it is :

Jol to Fulham;
Hughes to Chelsea (his walking out on Fulham has all the makings of an Abramovich move);
McClaren to Villa.

BUMP

jpr60

Posts : 15486
Join date : 2009-06-08
Age : 50
Location : London

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Hughes...

Post  villainies on Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:29 pm

jpr60 wrote:
jpr60 wrote:Here it is :

Jol to Fulham;
Hughes to Chelsea (his walking out on Fulham has all the makings of an Abramovich move);
McClaren to Villa.

BUMP

McClaren. He's just not very Villa is he? That would be an underwhelming appointment, but I'd give him a couple of seasons to see what he can do. McLeish will be all over the Fulham post too.
avatar
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Posts : 6323
Join date : 2009-05-26
Location : Bristol

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Hughes...

Post  Jay.P.A on Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:46 pm

villainies wrote:
jpr60 wrote:
jpr60 wrote:Here it is :

Jol to Fulham;
Hughes to Chelsea (his walking out on Fulham has all the makings of an Abramovich move);
McClaren to Villa.

BUMP

McClaren. He's just not very Villa is he? That would be an underwhelming appointment, but I'd give him a couple of seasons to see what he can do. McLeish will be all over the Fulham post too.

^ A couple of seasons!?

avatar
Jay.P.A

Posts : 2549
Join date : 2009-05-31
Age : 28
Location : London

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Hughes...

Post  Bedshammer on Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:40 pm

Jay.P.A wrote:
villainies wrote:
jpr60 wrote:
jpr60 wrote:Here it is :

Jol to Fulham;
Hughes to Chelsea (his walking out on Fulham has all the makings of an Abramovich move);
McClaren to Villa.

BUMP

McClaren. He's just not very Villa is he? That would be an underwhelming appointment, but I'd give him a couple of seasons to see what he can do. McLeish will be all over the Fulham post too.

^ A couple of seasons!?


Jay, you made me Beds

Here's a thought that I had all by myself: Hughes to QPR? They're minted and ambitious.
avatar
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Posts : 26426
Join date : 2009-05-25
Location : Bedfordshire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Mark Hughes...

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum