Post  villainies on Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:33 pm

Feck off Whelan we don't want him.
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dave Whelan: Martinez can go to Villa with my blessing

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:58 pm

So the press was really in the know wasn't they, it was def Hughes, then it was Ancelloti, then it was certain to be Maclaren, then Benitez was a 100% cert but perhaps Moyes.

No its Martinez

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A on Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:09 pm

I think he'll be 'GREAT' at Villa.

Young, ambitious, seems like players like him and want to play for him.
Jay.P.A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:10 pm

villainies wrote:Feck off Whelan we don't want him.

Fickle fceker
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:12 pm

I think it will be good to have a young fresh manager at the club with new idea's.

My only concern is that he isn't the big name that some of the more senior players might have more respect towards and that might make things difficult for him.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:13 pm

villanfromluton wrote:

Fickle fceker

Nothing fickle about not wanting someone at the helm completely out of his depth.
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Reddi! on Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:21 pm

I would echo AV's comments. However, he's obviously got the players' attention at Wogan which is more than Kermit had at VP last season.
Reddi!

View user profile http://www.yma-associates.com

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:26 pm

villainies wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:

Fickle fceker

Nothing fickle about not wanting someone at the helm completely out of his depth.

How do you know he is out of his depth? Give the guy a chance if he is appointed, better than employing a geriatric
villanfromluton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A on Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:28 pm

I think he'll probably be like one of the lads. The Wigan supporters say nothing but nice things about him, and I reckon he'll be a good shout. People were saying they'd like to see Paul Lambert in charge of Villa, so I don't see why Martinez shouldn't be given a chance.
Jay.P.A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:38 pm

Totally agree Jay, just some of these miserable gits like to be moaning all the time
villanfromluton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:05 pm

villanfromluton wrote:
villainies wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:

Fickle fceker

How do you know he is out of his depth? Give the guy a chance if he is appointed, better than employing a geriatric

He's managed two clubs. Swansea (i'm not even counting that) and Wigan for two season. 16th 36 points and a goal difference of -42 the first season and 16th 42 points -21 GD the second. Shipped 8 against Chelsea and 9 against the spuds. What has he done to suggest he can move AVFC forward? Can't imagine Arsenal, Chelsea, Man U, Spurs, Man City, Liverpool appointing a manager with such little experience. This would be a huge risk almost certainly ending in us looking for another manager next season, it lacks ambition and makes us look smalltime. SHITE
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:05 pm

I'm non commital on this at the moment.
If it was say for example Everton appointing Martinez then i'd be looking at that and thinking, cheap option, gonna struggle.Martinez has done well to keep Wigan in the division but he's also overseen 9-1 and 8-0 away defeats as well as a few batterings at home notably a 0-4 v Blackpool.His footballing philosophy is admirable but winners can also mix it up, see Man U and Chelsea current sides and the Arsenal side of the Viera/Petit days.A bigger concern for me though is his nice guy, one of the boys persona.I've bigged up Lambert and although it could be argued that Martinez is the more experienced, Lambert IMO would command more respect from the players.I can't see Martinez being the man who keeps our top players at the club.
On the flipside going for Martinez also brings a bit of excitement as it's a gamble.Appoint the likes of Curbishley and we'd easily be comfortable.I wouldn't take to Benitez like i couldn't take to Kermit despite their superior CV's.

Anyway after i've said all that i can promise you this.
If we appoint Martinez and he's a disaster i'll be bumping Jay's post up Very Happy
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:22 pm

Will back him and he plays good football.. hope he succeeds cus he is a likeable guy but jury def out.. some big pastings in there and in his entire reign at Wigan he only won back to back games once!

Also this is the last season before the UEFA spending rules come in.. but it doesnt seem we wont be splashing anything like 50M..
ADRIAN_1976

View user profile http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:42 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Will back him and he plays good football.. hope he succeeds cus he is a likeable guy but jury def out.. some big pastings in there and in his entire reign at Wigan he only won back to back games once!

Also this is the last season before the UEFA spending rules come in.. but it doesnt seem we wont be splashing anything like 50M..

Leatherman
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:15 pm

QBVILLA wrote:I'm non commital on this at the moment.
If it was say for example Everton appointing Martinez then i'd be looking at that and thinking, cheap option, gonna struggle.Martinez has done well to keep Wigan in the division but he's also overseen 9-1 and 8-0 away defeats as well as a few batterings at home notably a 0-4 v Blackpool.His footballing philosophy is admirable but winners can also mix it up, see Man U and Chelsea current sides and the Arsenal side of the Viera/Petit days.A bigger concern for me though is his nice guy, one of the boys persona.I've bigged up Lambert and although it could be argued that Martinez is the more experienced, Lambert IMO would command more respect from the players.I can't see Martinez being the man who keeps our top players at the club.
On the flipside going for Martinez also brings a bit of excitement as it's a gamble.Appoint the likes of Curbishley and we'd easily be comfortable.I wouldn't take to Benitez like i couldn't take to Kermit despite their superior CV's.

If we appoint Martinez and he's a disaster i'll be bumping Jay's post up Very Happy

I agree, although lets not forget that Wigan have no where near the quality in their team then we have and yet they gave us a bloody good game at villa park and managed a few decent results against good teams, although they have been a funny team under Martinez, as likely to lose 5 on the trot to shite teams and then go unbeaten in 5 games against the very top of the league. I'm not worried to much about the 9-1 and 8-0 defeats, like I said Wigan are a poor side and even MON over saw to 7-0 away defeats to Liverpool and chelsea.

If it goes ahead it will be an interesting appointment but I do worry that he isn't old and experienced enough to command respect from senior players.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:34 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:I'm non commital on this at the moment.

I agree, although lets not forget that Wigan have no where near the quality in their team then we have and yet they gave us a bloody good game at villa park and managed a few decent results against good teams, although they have been a funny team under Martinez, as likely to lose 5 on the trot to shite teams and then go unbeaten in 5 games against the very top of the league. I'm not worried to much about the 9-1 and 8-0 defeats, like I said Wigan are a poor side and even MON over saw to 7-0 away defeats to Liverpool and chelsea.

If it goes ahead it will be an interesting appointment but I do worry that he isn't old and experienced enough to command respect from senior players.

Yep, i'd say that is all fair apart from it was 5-0 at Anfield and 7-1 at Stamford Bridge.I remember the latter vividly as i'd had a request off Luton to keep him up to date with the score via text.Cost me a fecking bomb Mad
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:53 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Will back him and he plays good football.. hope he succeeds cus he is a likeable guy but jury def out.. some big pastings in there and in his entire reign at Wigan he only won back to back games once!

He may play good football, but we are getting him to manage the team and not play, dipstick.

Lets just give the guy a chance, would much rather give him a go than some old has been. Villainies, what about getting Peter Reid or Joe Royle in charge Tosspot
villanfromluton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:55 pm

villanfromluton wrote:

He may play good football, but we are getting him to manage the team and not play, dipstick.

Lets just give the guy a chance, would much rather give him a go than some old has been. Villainies, what about getting Peter Reid or Joe Royle in charge Tosspot

Lutes, you raise some good points there.Whilst i'm not exactly jumping for joy at the prospect of martinez I feel more enthused than I did when Kermit got the job.Give the man a chance I say and if he's shit fucking sack him
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:51 pm

villanfromluton wrote:

Who said dont give him a chance you overweight pie mucnher Tosspot
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:53 pm

QBVILLA wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:

Lutes, you raise some good points there.Whilst i'm not exactly jumping for joy at the prospect of martinez I feel more enthused than I did when Kermit got the job.Give the man a chance I say and if he's shit fucking sack him

Couldnt agree more QB. Nice to see you talking sense as normal

Ades, stop being a bully please
villanfromluton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ringo on Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:38 pm

Quite disappointed that Avram Grant never made the shortlist. Laughing
Ringo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer on Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:41 pm

SSN are reporting now that Wigan expect Martinez to turn Villa down. Woss goin' on?
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:25 pm

Lots or rumours circulating that he will Stay at Wigan Shocked

We made contact with Wigan NINE days ago and Martinez didnt exactly come running back from holiday to speak to us..

If he does turn us down then what a ridiculous state we find our club in!!
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:26 am

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Lots or rumours circulating that he will Stay at Wigan Shocked

We made contact with Wigan NINE days ago and Martinez didnt exactly come running back from holiday to speak to us..

If he does turn us down then what a ridiculous state we find our club in!!

Funny really.When a player or manager ups and leaves for a bigger pay day we call them money grabbing,disloyal judas bastards.Here we have the prospect of martinez turning down a bigger club and more lucrative contract and he's accused of lacking ambition.IMO if he turns the job down the man deserves respect.
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top