Will we struggle without Ashley Young? IMO, no.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Will we struggle without Ashley Young? IMO, no.

Post  Jay.P.A on Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:49 pm

Before anyone takes this the wrong way, I'm not suggesting for one minute that Ashley Young is not/has been important to us, absolutley not.

He's been class, he's been a gem, I've described him as him being our catalyst ever since he's been with us - but in saying that - I seriously doubt we'll miss Ashley Young TOO MUCH this coming season. In my opinion, I hope Marc Albrighton steps up now. We've seen glimpses of brilliance from him this season, and some moments to forget, but I reckon we'll do alright without Young. We're not going to turn into blothering idiots now that Young's transfer is looking certain, but we've seen it before - we buy a player, he plays a couple of blinders and BANG - he's sold to a 'bigger club'. Yorke, Barry, Milner, and now Young. It even looks like Downing might be next on the list - but we've always survived.

No doubt Young'll step up and be a great player at Utd now, hopefully he'll go on to become succesful and finally show the world what we've been seeing everyday, but honestly I believe we'll be alright. Hopefully once the managerial sitation is sorted, we can push on and get back to top 6 status, even though it'll be harder then ever.

I believe we're going to see one of our biggest transfer windows this season.

UTV.
Jay.P.A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Will we struggle without Ashley Young? IMO, no.

Post  QBVILLA on Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:09 pm

It depends a lot on what the knock on effect is.If it leads to us losing Downing as well then Bent in January then his sale is an absolute disaster.From a playing point of view Albrighton isn't in the same class at the moment but i'm more than happy to see him get a sustained run in the side now.What does need to happen though is the money from Young's sale needs to be spent on at least two quality signings.Primarily a goalkeeper and a central midfielder.I'm looking to Clark to be given a season as first choice as well as seeing more of the likes of Baker,Bannan and Weimann.
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:18 pm

If the money is right and we don't see Bent/ Downing follow soon after then losing Young is no problem at all IMO. Good player but Albrighton will be just as good and we can use the money to make some signings.
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:31 pm

I can see Clark playing DM.. he is good on the ball.. that could be a good postion for him..

We def need a couple of class signings..
ADRIAN_1976

View user profile http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:32 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:I can see Clark playing DM.. he is good on the ball.. that could be a good postion for him..

We def need a couple of class signings..

Don't jump on the bandwagon.I told Lutes when i saw Clark make his debut v Fulham that i thought he'd play as a midfielder. Mad
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:38 pm

Dont want to jump on your bandwagon Mr Photographer Rolling Eyes

I think he would make a great CB but can see him doing a very good job as DM and save us replacing Reo..
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:43 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Dont want to jump on your bandwagon Mr Photographer Rolling Eyes

I think he would make a great CB but can see him doing a very good job as DM and save us replacing Reo..

Rolling Eyes
Now, now don't get all aggressive with me
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A on Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:56 pm

One thing about Clark is that he is good on the ball, and knows when to 'tactically' foul someone to break down play. Good traits to be a DM. Racks up those yellow cards though. Plus, we still have Gary Gardner to come through the ranks aswell, for the CM spot. Reckon this is Petrov's last season at Villa, depending on the manager, he might have a bit-part role to play. Reckon Makoun will be one to watch for, he'll settle in and be class.

We need to look at a number 1 goalie aswell. I like Guzan, top shot stopper but not too sure if he's good enough yet to become No1.

We could probably go for Given, Foster, or even Green. Don't really want Rob Green tbh.
Jay.P.A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:04 pm

Jay.P.A wrote:One thing about Clark is that he is good on the ball, and knows when to 'tactically' foul someone to break down play. Good traits to be a DM. Racks up those yellow cards though. Plus, we still have Gary Gardner to come through the ranks aswell, for the CM spot. Reckon this is Petrov's last season at Villa, depending on the manager, he might have a bit-part role to play. Reckon Makoun will be one to watch for, he'll settle in and be class.

We need to look at a number 1 goalie aswell. I like Guzan, top shot stopper but not too sure if he's good enough yet to become No1.

We could probably go for Given, Foster, or even Green. Don't really want Rob Green tbh.

I'm gonna stick my neck out here and say i don't think Makoun will cut it and will be gone within 12 months
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A on Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:06 pm

QBVILLA wrote:
Jay.P.A wrote:One thing about Clark is that he is good on the ball, and knows when to 'tactically' foul someone to break down play. Good traits to be a DM. Racks up those yellow cards though. Plus, we still have Gary Gardner to come through the ranks aswell, for the CM spot. Reckon this is Petrov's last season at Villa, depending on the manager, he might have a bit-part role to play. Reckon Makoun will be one to watch for, he'll settle in and be class.

I'm gonna stick my neck out here and say i don't think Makoun will cut it and will be gone within 12 months

Could happen, it's a possibility.

I've seen him play though, regularly. The guy makes passing look so easy. It's just a matter of when he settles down. He'll be class.
Jay.P.A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:13 pm

Jay.P.A wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:

Could happen, it's a possibility.

I've seen him play though, regularly. The guy makes passing look so easy. It's just a matter of when he settles down. He'll be class.

Veron is the most startling example of a player who despite the attributes couldn't cut it.I'm not writing him off as yet but i'm not holding my breath at this one
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:53 pm

I think Clark will be physically stronger this season and reckon he will play more at centre half. Much as I respect your opinion QB, I reckon that will be his position, though can fill in at left back or defensive midfield.

villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:22 pm

villanfromluton wrote:I think Clark will be physically stronger this season and reckon he will play more at centre half. Much as I respect your opinion QB, I reckon that will be his position, though can fill in at left back or defensive midfield.

Fcuking hell.. how much ass kissing you going to do clown
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:24 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:I think Clark will be physically stronger this season and reckon he will play more at centre half. Much as I respect your opinion QB, I reckon that will be his position, though can fill in at left back or defensive midfield.

What you on about? If you talked a quarter of the sense about football that QB does, you wouldnt be thought of as the eejit of the forum
villanfromluton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:24 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:

right pair of rimmers those two. Wink
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:25 pm

villanfromluton wrote:
ADRIAN_1976 wrote:

What you on about? If you talked a quarter of the sense about football that QB does, you wouldnt be thought of as the eejit of the forum

Still going strong i see queen
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:33 pm

what you on about
villanfromluton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Reddi! on Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:08 pm

villainies wrote:
ADRIAN_1976 wrote:

right pair of rimmers those two. Wink

Laughing
Reddi!

View user profile http://www.yma-associates.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top