McLeish

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: McLeish

Post  Reddi! on Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:25 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:
jpr60 wrote:What's interesting here is that it would appear that the fans are having a say in who becomes manager.
The fans didn't like Houllier, or McAllister for that matter, didn't want McLaren (so the interview he was going to have for the job was apparently cancelled) and now don't want McLeish. I wonder if this will continue until the fans are united over who they want - step forward David O'Leary!

Villa fans could get Guardiola in, with Messi following him and they'd still have a whine. Rolling Eyes

Maybe, but they wouldn't lace the boots of Hogan Ephraim!
Reddi!

View user profile http://www.yma-associates.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer on Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:38 pm

And now Birmingham are accusing Villa of tapping McLeish up.
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:45 pm

Bedshammer wrote:And now Birmingham are accusing Villa of tapping McLeish up.

scratch tapping up the blues manager! is this a joke?
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:24 pm

jpr60 wrote:What's interesting here is that it would appear that the fans are having a say in who becomes manager.
The fans didn't like Houllier, or McAllister for that matter, didn't want McLaren (so the interview he was going to have for the job was apparently cancelled) and now don't want McLeish. I wonder if this will continue until the fans are united over who they want - step forward David O'Leary!

Villa fans could get Guardiola in, with Messi following him and they'd still have a whine. Rolling Eyes

Unlike your goodself... shower of a shit team with a clueless manager at the helm who is taking you to the championship and you were still Tosspot over the fact everything is alll rosy Pick nose
ADRIAN_1976

View user profile http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer on Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:16 am

villainies wrote:
Bedshammer wrote:And now Birmingham are accusing Villa of tapping McLeish up.

scratch tapping up the blues manager! is this a joke?

Nope. Was all over SSN last night.
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:39 am

jpr60 wrote:

Joking aside, I was thinking that if this was my business I'd appoint who I wanted and not listen to the screaming hordes. Since when did your average football fan know more about the professional game than the professionals themselves, the people who have played it, lived it and/or put serious amounts of time, effort and money into it?
There was something similar in the special end-of-season meeting they had at Arsenal yesterday. Someone asked the question, "Who is Wenger responsible to - in the event that things don't improve who will make the decision to replace him?" and the reply was "The fans". I find that totally ridiculous TBH. The day the fans run the club, appoint the manager, buy the players I think I'll stop watching - it sounds like something that can only end in calamity.

The thing is with men who are used to being successful they are also used to getting it right.However, as with Abramovich at Chelsea and Ashley at Newcastle Mr Lerner is a rich man with an interest in football, not expertise.Were the sackings of Mourhino,Wilkins,Allardyce and Ancelotti and the appointments of Grant,Scolari and Shearer the work of stunning expertise?
Appointing a man who has been in charge of your most fiercest rivals is going to provoke emotion.Maybe those from outside of the midlands don't realise the level of hatred between the Villa and the Blues? This is like Dalglish leaving Livershit for Man Utd.Added to that he's also a bloke who has failed at Premiership level.Had Blues finished comfortably mid table with the Carling Cup McLeish still wouldn't be universally welcomed but to be getting him after he's led Blues to their second relegation in four seasons it's downright ridiculous.No one outside of St Andrews shed a tear when they went down after they'd served up the worst football in the division.37 goals all season!!!!!
So in summary:
Manager of most hated rivals
Relegated twice in four years
Awful football.

If you choose to believe that the fans dictated to the board that we didn't want McLaren then that's up to you but I can promise you that whilst there was a small majority against the Wally it's almost universal against McLeish.
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ringo on Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:09 am

Krulak stated that the board don't care what Villa fans think as they don't know a lot about football.

As it is,I think his zero popularity is about to take a further dive to knew depths.
Ringo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Internazionale_Villa on Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:03 am

What a f*cking joke. How can the board possibly think that hiring someone who has relagated his team twice in 3 years, plays negative football and signs shite players is the right move for Aston Villa. Im not fussed about who he's managed tbh, more so that his CV is shite. There's not a single positive that will come out of this if that ginger c*nt is on our touchline next season. On the plus side for me though im home now and going Barbados in 2 days so i can get hammerd everyday to soften the blow.

Internazionale_Villa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Reddi! on Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:19 am

Ringo wrote:Krulak stated that the board don't care what Villa fans think as they don't know a lot about football.

As it is,I think his zero popularity is about to take a further dive to knew depths.

Find that quote please Ringo. I think you'll find that you have made it up, like most of the drivel you post on here!
Reddi!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:34 am

BBC reporting the two have held talks. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Internazionale_Villa on Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:09 am

Went in the Villa shop up town yesterday, the guy reckoned it was 100% that McLeish is our manager only concerns were his issues with Birmingham.

Internazionale_Villa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton on Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:32 am

Reddi! wrote:
Ringo wrote:Krulak stated that the board don't care what Villa fans think as they don't know a lot about football.

Find that quote please Ringo. I think you'll find that you have made it up, like most of the drivel you post on here!

I don't like doing this but I actually think that Ringo is right in what he says affraid

Not Krulak's exact words but he's pretty much said: Shut the feck up you plebs. We run the club, not you. We know what we're doing, you're all talking shite.

That seems to be the message anyway.

Tilton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A on Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:57 am

Not what he said at all.

Anyway, they're the ones running the club, not us. Ever since Randy and co have been here we've been successful.

We're even in the top 20 richest clubs in the world.
Jay.P.A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur on Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:00 pm

Jay.P.A wrote:Not what he said at all.

Anyway, they're the ones running the club, not us. Ever since Randy and co have been here we've been successful.

Since when ??? Not according to Forbes

Rank Team Country Value ($M)[2] % change
on year Revenue ($M)
1 Manchester United England 1,864 2 428
2 Real Madrid Spain 1,451 10 537
3 Arsenal England 1,192 1 336
4 Bayern Munich Germany 1,048 6 396
5 Barcelona Spain 975 -2 488
6 Milan Italy 838 5 289
7 Chelsea England 658 2 313
8 Juventus Italy 628 -4 251
9 Liverpool England 552 -33 276
10 Internazionale Italy 441 7 275
11 Tottenham Hotspur England 412 11 179
12 Schalke Germany 377 -2 171
13 Lyon France 358 8 179
14 Hamburg Germany 340 3 179
15 Manchester City England 291 13 153
16 Stuttgart Germany 281 0 141
17 Werder Bremen Germany 279 2 147
18 Marseille France 277 6 173
19 Atlético Madrid Spain 275 6 153
20 Borussia Dortmund Germany 260 -1 124

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forbes'_list_of_the_most_valuable_football_clubs]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forbes'_list_of_the_most_valuable_football_clubs
FrenchSpur

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton on Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:27 pm

That was the message though.

That's right, they run the club, not you lot. That's what a lot of vilers don't seem to understand. That's why Krusak had to spell it out to you.

Would you class last season as being successful then?

Tilton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A on Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:39 pm

FrenchSpur wrote:

on year Revenue ($M)
6 Milan Italy 838 5 289
13 Lyon France 358 8 179

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forbes'_list_of_the_most_valuable_football_clubs]

BAHAHA, Wikipedia?!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12376035
Jay.P.A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur on Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:27 pm

Jay.P.A wrote:
FrenchSpur wrote:

on year Revenue ($M)
6 Milan Italy 838 5 289
13 Lyon France 358 8 179

BAHAHA, Wikipedia?!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12376035

Forbes....... a lot more reliable then the Beeb.... Laughing Laughing
FrenchSpur

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A on Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:33 pm

Forbes....on wikipedia? Really? Everyone knows the 'Deloitte' is the company which deals/investigates/report on the world's 'valuable' clubs.

Anyway, going by that wiki list, scroll down.

Look at the years 07, 08, 09. Still made my point - under RL we've become 'successful'.
Jay.P.A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Reddi! on Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:25 am

villanfromluton wrote:If that Ginger twat was appointed there would be uproar, no fceking way jose Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad

Looks like it's McLeish mate. Apparently they shook hands on a deal last night at RL's London home.

Reading some of the stories of the palaver over at the Sty, he seems like a decent honest man of principles.

His skills of football management will obviously be judged on his results.
Reddi!

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:37 am

Reddi! wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:If that Ginger twat was appointed there would be uproar, no fceking way jose Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad

Looks like it's McLeish mate. Apparently they shook hands on a deal last night at RL's London home.

Reading some of the stories of the palaver over at the Sty, he seems like a decent honest man of principles.

Tend to agree Reddi, we will have to give him a chance. I suppose he hasnt had the best of times the last few years, but he did get the sty a trophy, Im just wondering whether we tapped him up after that and his first present to us was getting them relegated. I read Krulak's alleged comments and they will have to back McLeish up with real money. Defensively he will make us better, but do hope that he can get rid of the defensive shackles he put on his last club now that he is at a far better team
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur on Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:39 am

villanfromluton wrote:
Reddi! wrote:

Tend to agree Reddi, we will have to give him a chance. I suppose he hasnt had the best of times the last few years, but he did get the sty a trophy, Im just wondering whether we tapped him up after that and his first present to us was getting them relegated. I read Krulak's alleged comments and they will have to back McLeish up with real money. Defensively he will make us better, but do hope that he can get rid of the defensive shackles he put on his last club now that he is at a far better team

I would suggest you set up your team to the standard of your players. This should mean you ought to be getting decent football from your lot and your new manager.
FrenchSpur

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:50 am

FrenchSpur wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:
Reddi! wrote:

I would suggest you set up your team to the standard of your players. This should mean you ought to be getting decent football from your lot and your new manager.

So you need to ask yourself how Redknapp took Spurs from bottom 3 into CL using the same players as Ramos had as well as re-signing players Ramos had sold?
McLeish is on a loser here.We could win our first five under him and draw the next and the fans would be straight on his back.George Graham was never accepted by Spurs fans despite turning them round from relegation fodder to top 10 and League Cup winners.Football clubs are run by businessmen ruled by finance.Clubs are supported by fans who are ruled by passion and tribalism.That's just the way it is.
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:14 am

Because of the circumstances of the appointment Lerner will have to be prepared to back him up more vigourously than he would any other manager. I hope he gets a decent chance from the fans, the last thing we need is another change in manager any time soon, we need a period of stability. I fear QB makes a good point though and the fans will be on his case from the word go. I don't want a situation arising where we see silly protests etc. Similar to Newcastle with big Sam when they were 9th. It's hard foresee this ending well but it's Lerner I have a problem with not AM.
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:16 am

I'm not giving him a chance at all, board can go **** them selves if they appoint him, I hope he is hounded out of the job within the year, I'll accept another shit season just to be rid.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton on Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:41 am

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:I'm not giving him a chance at all, board can go **** them selves if they appoint him, I hope he is hounded out of the job within the year, I'll accept another shit season just to be rid.

I don't think you'll be alone there in thinking that.

As QB said aswell, the first few negative results will see you lot going for him. He's going to have to be very thick skinned to survive long in this job. I really don't think he fully understands that he'll have to perform miracles next season as he won't have the usual 'honeymoon' period that a new manager usually gets when he arrives. He'll need to be winning games from the off and maintaining that is going to be one hell of a struggle.

Tilton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top