Striker

James McFadden=from Everton for 4.7m
Kevin Phillips=from West Brom for Free
Marcus Bent=from Charlton for 1m
Christian Benitez=from Santos Laguna for 8.5m
Nikola Zigic=from Valencia for 6m
Mauro Zarate=from Vélez Sársfield on loan
Obafemi Martins=from Ruben Kazan on loan

Some very interesting names there and i must say most of it is very decent, i love the fact that he's open minded in the market unlike Mon, one thing that gives me hope is he seems to have knowledge of the South American market which has tons of gems there, his swoop for Mauro Zarate was sensational really and caught a lot of the top managers out, we've also seen how Wigan has benefited from getting Valencia, Rodellaga and Figuroa too,

His defensive buys too have been very good, many forget that he got Hart before Foster and the Dann/Johnson signings were master strokes to be honest, in the midfield he got some solid signings and really brought the best out of them, hopefully he can bring the best out of the likes of Makoun, Delph, Gary Gardner and Ireland like he did with Craig Gardner, Ferguson and Bowyer, all in all i'm looking forward to seeing who he signs for us cause imo he's a damn good operator in the market.

Read more: http://www.astonvilla.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=7509075#ixzz1PdBROF3e

Not too bad considering the funds and salary caps he had to deal with.

Plus, didn't he sign Cuellar at Rangers?
Jay.P.A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McLeish's Tranfser Record

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:58 pm

bit ridiculous tbh, most these signings are for blues and we probably took the piss at the time all of a sudden they are good signings scratch

also saying his defenders and attackers aren't bad signings, hello that lot just got birmingham relegated ffs, talk about fickle.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A on Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:01 pm

Thats VitalVilla for you
Jay.P.A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ringo on Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:02 pm

To be fair,
McLeish went to Villa for a 150% more than the wages he was earning at Birmingham City.

It must have been a hard decision for the poor man to make! Laughing
Ringo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:07 pm

and where did you pick that figure from?

also has nothing to do with the above comments or subject so why start with "to be fair" scratch

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ringo on Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:21 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:and where did you pick that figure from?

also has nothing to do with the above comments or subject so why start with "to be fair" scratch

Try reading the morning papers, idiot.

For the simple minded such as yourself, you could always start with the back page of The Sun before you move to the more intellectual papers.
Ringo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:07 pm

Ringo wrote:
Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:and where did you pick that figure from?

Try reading the morning papers, idiot.

For the simple minded such as yourself, you could always start with the back page of The Sun before you move to the more intellectual papers.

nice show of intelligence Ringo, you come on a thread and make a comment that has absolutely nothing to do with the subject matter or any other users comments so far, and when you asked where you got your figure for your non sequential statement you bring into question other people's intelligence because you read it in a paper and they didn't.

Firstly reading papers isn't a sign of intelligence, I could have easily read any of today's papers if I had wanted to, we live in an age where the world news isn't only available in a paper its available by other sources like the internet and tv which is where I will keep up to day on most world events. And secondly just because its in a paper doesn't make it fact, how would a reporter know what salary a manager was paid in one job and also be privileged to know what his salary will be at his new club, I remember papers saying Luke Young earned nearly 70k per week at the Villa when I was privileged to have access to copies of his contract through my work and he wasn't paid half that.

So I'll turn your idiot comment around and declare that you have the intelligence of a 5 year old child for taking a reporters opinion no matter how close to the truth it may or may not be and taking it as fact. And also for responding in the child like manner that you did rather then just answering the question that you had read it in a paper.

Now I will bid you good day as I'm going out to the shops, I'm sure you will have a good time rubbing your over blown opinion of your own intelligence because you read a broadsheet.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ringo on Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:10 pm

As the subject matter was McLeish and Birmingham City has also been mentioned, I see my comment as quite relevant.

I agree that due to the internet the information is out there although it seems you couldn't be bothered to find it yourself.
I am sure that the information I provided is correct as it must have been checked and verified as it appeared in more than one newspaper.

As for your next comment, I will treat that with the contempt it deserves.

Ringo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Bonds on Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:36 pm

Some times i just dont understand u ringo ...why ???

Billy Bonds
Sir Twat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer on Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:08 pm

Billy Bonds wrote:Some times i just dont understand u ringo ...why ???

Indeed.

The back page of the Sun is the font of all knowledge.
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:52 pm

Billy Bonds wrote:Some times i just dont understand u ringo ...why ???

Dont worry about it Mark, have read a few threads and he has fecked them all up
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:00 pm

Ringo wrote:As the subject matter was McLeish and Birmingham City has also been mentioned, I see my comment as quite relevant.

I agree that due to the internet the information is out there although it seems you couldn't be bothered to find it yourself.
I am sure that the information I provided is correct as it must have been checked and verified as it appeared in more than one newspaper.

As for your next comment, I will treat that with the contempt it deserves.

A rational person would have just said that it was in a paper, or perhaps even provided a link to the story, even so I doubt very much they would take it as 100% fact, that the story has been copied by other reporters doesn't verify it, they are there to sell news no matter the source or how correct it might be.

His increase in wage is of no relevance to who he has signed during his managerial career, your insistence that it does only exposes your stupidity further. I don't really have a problem with you ringo but I notice you do this all to often where you suddenly pop up on a thread with a comment that has nothing to do with anything and if anyone dares to question you, you bring out this stupid card (which I find highly amusing coming from yourself), they must be thick to not know what your on about, perhaps your just to delusional to realize what your actually saying or to thick to work out what is actually being said to you.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton on Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:25 am

[quote="Jay.P.A"][quote]Goalkeepers

Joe Hart=on loan from City - Good loan signing
Ben Foster= from manure for 6m - Good signing

Defenders

Scott Dann= from Coventry for 3.5m - Good
Roger Johnson= from Cardif for 5m - Good
Stephen Carr= free transfer - Good
Curtis Davies= from Aston Villa for 2.5m - only played well in 1 game so far - undecided
Martin Jiranek=from Spartak Moscow for undisclosed fee - wouldn't play him until he had no choice, which is bizarre because he was a decent player
Gregory Vignal=from Lens for undisclosed fee - shite and always injured
Ulises De La Cruz=free transfer - absolute shite
Giovanny Espinoza=from Barcelona S C for undisclosed fee - utter shite - hardly ever played
David Murphy=from Hibernian for 1.5m - mainly shite - a defender who can't defend

Midfielders

Lee Bowyer=from West Ham for Free - good signing initially but tailed off towards the end
Barry Ferguson=from Rangers for 1m - good signing initially but tailed off towards the end
Craig Gardner=from Aston Villa for 3m - generally good but a bit erratic
Enric Valles=from NAC Breda for undisclosed fee - hardly ever played when fit and then injured
Lee Carsley=from Everton for free - shite
David Bentley=from Spurs on loan - complete shite
Alex Hleb=from Barcelona on loan - ok in spells when played

Striker

James McFadden=from Everton for 4.7m - ok but injured a lot
Kevin Phillips=from West Brom for Free - ok but age has caught up with him
Marcus Bent=from Charlton for 1m - absolute shite
Christian Benitez=from Santos Laguna for 8.5m - This was a loan -ok in spells but couldn't score
Nikola Zigic=from Valencia for 6m - took a while to settle and then got injured
Mauro Zarate=from Vélez Sársfield on loan - McLeish hardly ever played him!
Obafemi Martins=from Ruben Kazan on loan - hardly ever played and then got injured but did score THAT goal!

Some very interesting names there and i must say most of it is very decent

Would you really be happy with most of those players at Viler though?

There's a few missing off that list aswell - shite ones like Robin Shroot and Matt Derbyshire, for instance.

Michel isn't on that list either. He's an interesting one because McLeish tracked him for about a year. We eventually signed him and then McLeish wouldn't play him! He ended up going on loan to Greece or somewhere.

He's a bit hit and miss with transfers, to be honest.

Tilton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top