Give him a chance

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Give him a chance

Post  villanfromluton on Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:37 pm

http://www.thenational.ae/sport/football/ferguson-backs-mcleish-as-villa-manager?

While we have experts such as no pay ringnob and jesus laughing at the appointment, maybe the red faced man should be considered as well
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Give him a chance

Post  roadoftrinity on Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:11 pm

Got back from my holidays today, when a mate called me to say it was McLeish when inwas away, my initial reaction was that I was cancelling my season ticket, however, after I sobered up I decided that if the club have appointed him he needs to be given a chance.
I think they are making a massive mistake but hopefully I am wrong and he will be very successful.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:17 pm

ROT, I agree with you, sceptical, but got to give him a chance.
villanfromluton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:23 pm

I'll carry on supporting the team no one man is more important then that, I don't have to like him, I hope he does well but I doubt I will ever sing his name. As with most appointments these days he will be gone in 3/4 years and I'll still be there.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:34 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:I'll carry on supporting the team no one man is more important then that, I don't have to like him, I hope he does well but I doubt I will ever sing his name. As with most appointments these days he will be gone in 3/4 years and I'll still be there.

If he last 3/4 years, then that most likely means that he has been reasonably successful.

Hope that all the fans go to the game give him chance. If Lerner gives him some money to spend, then a couple of exciting signings hopefully we can have a decent season.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:46 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:
Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:I'll carry on supporting the team no one man is more important then that, I don't have to like him, I hope he does well but I doubt I will ever sing his name. As with most appointments these days he will be gone in 3/4 years and I'll still be there.

If he last 3/4 years, then that most likely means that he has been reasonably successful.

Hope that all the fans go to the game give him chance. If Lerner gives him some money to spend, then a couple of exciting signings hopefully we can have a decent season.

MON had 4 seasons, ok we finished 6th on 3 occasions had a few european games and got to a final but is that really success? A club like villa should be fighting to qualify for europe every season and should challenge for a bit of silverware as standard. Actually winning something can only be counted as success. The way the board are they will give him 3/4 years standard regardless what he does as long as we are not relegated, GH would have been given the same if it hadn't been for ill health.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:47 pm

ROT, I think Lerner has to back him big time, not in a sheik way perhaps lol, but reckon there will be money to spend. As long as he dont have to delve into unemployed gypo right backs, I wont mind
villanfromluton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:51 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:
roadoftrinity wrote:

MON had 4 seasons, ok we finished 6th on 3 occasions had a few european games and got to a final but is that really success? A club like villa should be fighting to qualify for europe every season and should challenge for a bit of silverware as standard. Actually winning something can only be counted as success. The way the board are they will give him 3/4 years standard regardless what he does as long as we are not relegated, GH would have been given the same if it hadn't been for ill health.

Lets be honest AVFC, can we expect much more? My only real gripe with MON is the trip to Russia, disgrace for those who paid big money to go and reckon it fceked our season up
villanfromluton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:59 pm

no we can't expect much more, we can't break the top 4 we just don't have the finances to do so. But we should still be in that group of 3 or 4 teams 5th - 8th so achieving that isn't success.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:03 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:no we can't expect much more, we can't break the top 4 we just don't have the finances to do so. But we should still be in that group of 3 or 4 teams 5th - 8th so achieving that isn't success.

Think that is in a way, but need a cup win and thats something I will never forgive the frog for, at Man City.
villanfromluton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 on Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:28 am

1) "Lazy tribalism" is how one journalist describes fans dislike of McLeish.
2) I don't agree with the "given" that a team can't break into the top four due to the financial situation. I accept that clubs like Chelsea and City have silly money to be thrown around, whether it's to "invite" players or key staff in (Chelsea are currently throwing Big Bucks at our Chief Scout) and that United, Arsenal and Liverpool might appeal to players, particularly from abroad. However the past has shown that a team without recognized "stars" can arrive and blast their way through the pack - for me it depends on the mindset and teamwork. If you get an Alf Ramsey, a Brian Clough - even a Don Revie - to lead the way then the sky's the limit. Perhaps your man McLeish will be The Man! I hope so - if only to stop you lot moaning!

jpr60

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A on Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:59 am

Says in the papers today that Mcleish will get 40m to spead, plus a percentage of the Ashley Young money.

Can't fecking wait to see who we'll sign Woohoo
Jay.P.A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:34 am

You fickle feckers. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer on Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:47 am

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:You fickle feckers. Very Happy

A bit like us Hammers, really. Last year, Sam was a northern monkey, now he's our saviour...........
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:49 am

I'll stand up here on my high horse having never doubted his managerial abilities. cheers cheers Wink Still an egotistic cock though, but he'll get results.

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:14 pm

jpr60 wrote:1) "Lazy tribalism" is how one journalist describes fans dislike of McLeish.
2) I don't agree with the "given" that a team can't break into the top four due to the financial situation. I accept that clubs like Chelsea and City have silly money to be thrown around, whether it's to "invite" players or key staff in (Chelsea are currently throwing Big Bucks at our Chief Scout) and that United, Arsenal and Liverpool might appeal to players, particularly from abroad. However the past has shown that a team without recognized "stars" can arrive and blast their way through the pack - for me it depends on the mindset and teamwork. If you get an Alf Ramsey, a Brian Clough - even a Don Revie - to lead the way then the sky's the limit. Perhaps your man McLeish will be The Man! I hope so - if only to stop you lot moaning!

lets be realistic, the days of a team of good players with a good manager performing exceptionally well and able to break the top 4 like when everton did it has gone IMO, the influx of rich owners especially Man City has ended that era.

Arsenal as a member of the top 4 already at the start of this new era have the champions league football already to maintain the pull of the big players, although as shown last season that might not be enough without added investment. Man Utd obviously there winning pedigree and money will keep them in there, Chelsea has the money also, Man city have spent according to some reports over a billion £'s since their new owners have taken over, and have bought there place in there. Liverpool and Spurs are the closest challangers outside that lot but even for them it will be very difficult, Liverpool have spent a fair bit of money but I doubt we will see them make the top 4 next year, while spurs if there not careful could go the same way as we did, with there better players wanting to play in the champions league consistently and demand a move just like Barry Milner Young have we see it already perhaps with Modric, who next Bale?

So Villa has to finish above 3 of those to make the top 4, thats pretty difficult and will take some major spending, we will spend enough to keep us competing with 6th, but no better then that tbh.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:17 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:I'll stand up here on my high horse having never doubted his managerial abilities. cheers cheers Wink Still an egotistic cock though, but he'll get results.

Yes you are
villanfromluton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ringo on Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:30 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:
jpr60 wrote:1) "Lazy tribalism" is how one journalist describes fans dislike of McLeish.

lets be realistic, the days of a team of good players with a good manager performing exceptionally well and able to break the top 4 like when everton did it has gone IMO, the influx of rich owners especially Man City has ended that era.

Arsenal as a member of the top 4 already at the start of this new era have the champions league football already to maintain the pull of the big players, although as shown last season that might not be enough without added investment. Man Utd obviously there winning pedigree and money will keep them in there, Chelsea has the money also, Man city have spent according to some reports over a billion £'s since their new owners have taken over, and have bought there place in there. Liverpool and Spurs are the closest challangers outside that lot but even for them it will be very difficult, Liverpool have spent a fair bit of money but I doubt we will see them make the top 4 next year, while spurs if there not careful could go the same way as we did, with there better players wanting to play in the champions league consistently and demand a move just like Barry Milner Young have we see it already perhaps with Modric, who next Bale?

So Villa has to finish above 3 of those to make the top 4, thats pretty difficult and will take some major spending, we will spend enough to keep us competing with 6th, but no better then that tbh.

As it stands, my guess is that your priority is to stay out of the bottom 3, let alone the top 4 !.
Ringo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur on Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:34 pm

Nope.... If you are challenging for the Euro places you really don't need to worry about relegation...

FrenchSpur

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ringo on Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:20 pm

To be honest,
I cannot see Villa finishing in the bottom 3 even if Ades was the manager, Jay.P.A was the coach and Villainies was the club's chief scout.

I see it as your lot will finish somewhere between 10th and 12th.

Bring this post back to bite me on the arse when you become the premier league champions. Laughing Laughing Laughing
Ringo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:35 pm

Ringo wrote:To be honest,
I cannot see Villa finishing in the bottom 3 even if Ades was the manager, Jay.P.A was the coach and Villainies was the club's chief scout.

I see it as your lot will finish somewhere between 10th and 12th.

Bring this post back to bite me on the arse when you become the premier league champions. Laughing Laughing Laughing

11th then................. Rolling Eyes
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:20 pm

Don't make him look stupid Qb, the man reads broadsheets for heavens sake.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:21 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:Don't make him look stupid Qb, the man reads broadsheets for heavens sake.

The fecking broadsheets will be taller than him
villanfromluton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur on Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:27 pm

villanfromluton wrote:
Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:Don't make him look stupid Qb, the man reads broadsheets for heavens sake.

The fecking broadsheets will be taller than him

Probably sleeps under them on the park bench.... I wonder what tog rating the times is
FrenchSpur

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Reddi! on Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:21 pm

They're only broad because he's a feckin' midget.
Reddi!

View user profile http://www.yma-associates.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top