McLeish meets fans

View previous topic View next topic Go down

McLeish meets fans

Post  QBVILLA on Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:28 am

Saw this on Heroes and Villains site.A good bit of PR and it is a positive read:

Mysteryman made a welcome return to Villatalk and gives what happened in the face-to-face chat with Villa fans and Alex McLeish

Mysteryman – one of the most reliable sources in and around Villa Park was at the meeting held between fans of the club and new Villa Boss Big ‘Eck.

Mysteryman had the below to say about the event:

People will think we bottled it and were all starry eyed but we gave him a decent grilling .
Headlines Robert Green aint coming good simply not on the radar but was on GH radar
Downing staying unless its 50 mill !
Craig Gardner desperate to come to Villa FACT but we aren’t interested his words not mine !
Was given a history lesson on Villa / Blues and why the rivalry is like it is and why people were more than upset explained the years of bullying at their place which at times was like going into a war zone . We don’t forget !
Amazingly didn’t know Peter Withe played for them before us !!!
Grilled over his style of football said down to resources and will play a high tempo attacking style at home using wingers and raiding full backs !
Blues aint got a pot to pi-s in !
Dann a star player in his eyes but will be too expensive and Johnson he loves but maybe no better than what we have now
Raved about our kids and wants to give the likes of Delph and Albrighton the chance
Wants to re-sign Reo Coker / was told FA Cup our holy grail and to respect it / Also can the players start respecting the club unlike the antics from last season !
Gary Mac has left but was in contact with him to give him a full sp on the players and the probs they had with the defence admitting that GH went in and changed too much too soon !
Said his key priority is GK and then to look at what he has said there are a lot of ‘ dormant talents ‘ he wants to awaken and can’t just write off aka Ireland and Warnock ! Hence he aint just going to go after people until he assesses what we have first
I said you mentioned not having all of the Young money to spend he said I am not going to tell the media and other clubs what we have to spend it will drive the price up
He said he would get rid of the deadwood and sort out the perceived ill discipline with people on a one to one basis
Said wants to pair Gabby with Bent thinks Gabby was wasted on the wing and wants to get him back to the level he was at !
Said Cowans was his choice not a PR exercise when I asked him why he was 1st team coach when Kevin Mac was better qualified ( I did say Sid is my hero but sticks out to me that Kev Mac appears more qualfied as a coach) He said Sid links things together is a good coach and well respected at the club and gives me contunity which is a fair point
Will be bringing in an assistant Manager likely from Blues but wouldn’t commit !
Asked him would have he gone to Celtic from Rangers he said no as they are the same in term of size ! said Villa are a much bigger club than Blues and it was an offer he couldn’t turn down so it’s not the same !

Was impressed with Dave Woodhall’s knowledge of Rangers (-

Overall have to say he was impressive never ducked a question and appears honest but as he said talk is cheap it’s results you want to see !

Jonathan Fear, editor of the Vital Villa fans’ website, said:

“It was a good positive, open meeting and I don’t think anyone left with long faces.

“Some people might look at this as a cynical PR exercise but Alex McLeish wanted to meet some of the fans and put his points across and listen to what people had to say.

“He asked for the meeting and he is going to ask for more fans’ forums.
“We all asked everything we felt was relevant and he answered it and wanted to be open and honest.
“He could have hidden away and it would have been easier not to front up to things.”

Fear believes it is time for everyone to pull in the right direction at Villa.

He said: “The whole club needs it. Everyone has had their opinions and now everyone should support the club.
“Let everyone give the manager the chance to show what he can do. He deserves that.”
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: McLeish meets fans

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:42 am

Lets just hope its not all talk.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:03 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:Lets just hope its not all talk.

Indeed, but at this stage we're two months away from kick off so a few more PR exercises like this can only be a good thing.Anything that can be done to minimise the chance of kicking off our first home game in front of a 20k crowd with anti McLeish banners must be done.Also despite the fact he's Scottish,Ginger and ex Blues i'm warming to him a lot more already than I ever did to Ged The Red
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:15 pm

He's still a ginger blue nose tnuc in my book until I see some massive improvements in the team, which obviously won't be for a while.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton on Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:19 pm

That's the thing with McLeish though, he does talk a good game. Unfortunately, his style of football doesn't live up to it.

He's very media friendly and comes accross well in interviews, but his inherent overcautiousness always prevails.

You'll see what I mean in time.

Tilton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:49 pm

QBVILLA wrote:

Indeed, but at this stage we're two months away from kick off so a few more PR exercises like this can only be a good thing.Anything that can be done to minimise the chance of kicking off our first home game in front of a 20k crowd with anti McLeish banners must be done.Also despite the fact he's Scottish,Ginger and ex Blues i'm warming to him a lot more already than I ever did to Ged The Red

I know what you mean. Now it's been a week what's the mood like up there, has the initial shock started to wear off yet?
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:03 pm

villainies wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:

I know what you mean. Now it's been a week what's the mood like up there, has the initial shock started to wear off yet?

Its still crap.

You have the odd one or hear who have completely turned around, take one of the lads from my work who has a season ticket and goes to the odd away game with me, the other week its was fucking shit mcleish **** off you tnuc. This week he is posting pictures of him on his facebook and writing status updates along the line of AM claret blue army, fucking brown nosing tnuc.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:03 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:
villainies wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:

Its still crap.

You have the odd one or hear who have completely turned around, take one of the lads from my work who has a season ticket and goes to the odd away game with me, the other week its was fucking shit mcleish **** off you tnuc. This week he is posting pictures of him on his facebook and writing status updates along the line of AM claret blue army, fucking brown nosing tnuc.

I suppose there is some time yet before season starts for the fans to get used to AM. I'm still suprised at the board finding it so difficult to get the right manager for us and the failure lies firmly at their door for me but now he's manager I'm warming up to the idea. I like the fact he's a straight talker, no nonsense sort of bloke.
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:24 pm

villainies wrote:
Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:
villainies wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:

Its still crap.

I suppose there is some time yet before season starts for the fans to get used to AM. I'm still suprised at the board finding it so difficult to get the right manager for us and the failure lies firmly at their door for me but now he's manager I'm warming up to the idea. I like the fact he's a straight talker, no nonsense sort of bloke.

Load of cock, he's telling the fans what they want to hear.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A on Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:28 pm

^ And we like it so far. What a Face
Jay.P.A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:50 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:
villainies wrote:
Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:
villainies wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:

Its still crap.

And Big Sam isn't "I don't play long ball, thats just what the press say's" yeh right Sam pull the other one.

We will see if he talking shite when the season gets going, you can't 100% know that he is lying about only playing defensively at blues because they are shit, because the shit part is fucking true.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:00 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:
Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:
villainies wrote:
Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:
villainies wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:

Its still crap.

And Big Sam isn't "I don't play long ball, thats just what the press say's" yeh right Sam pull the other one.

We will see if he talking shite when the season gets going, you can't 100% know that he is lying about only playing defensively at blues because they are shit, because the shit part is fucking true.

He played defensively at Rangers too.

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:08 pm

Same rules apply Very Happy

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:12 pm

Even Villanies could win a title with Rangers, and McLeish still felt the need to play defensively. He'll sort out your defensive issues, but you're certainly not in for a season of exciting football.

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:16 pm

Well I'll just wait and see what the blue nose tnuc does rather then take your word for it, your hardly blessed in the prediction department Very Happy

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jak on Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:31 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:Well I'll just wait and see what the blue nose tnuc does rather then take your word for it, your hardly blessed in the prediction department Very Happy

Beds

jak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:55 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:Even Villanies could win a title with Rangers, and McLeish still felt the need to play defensively. He'll sort out your defensive issues, but you're certainly not in for a season of exciting football.

Funnily enough the same thing was levelled at MoN AT Celtic.Well only one team can win the title Suspect

Anyway, fact is we've got him.As a bloke i've never disliked him and when he went to Blues I thought they'd got themselves a top manager.However, the fact he's managed them to relegation twice has to be a concern.He's not going to get the usual honeymoon period new managers get because of his Blues links so we've got to make a good start.
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:46 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:Even Villanies could win a title with Rangers, and McLeish still felt the need to play defensively. He'll sort out your defensive issues, but you're certainly not in for a season of exciting football.

Strange that Artur Numan, who played for Holland, says that he enjoyed playing for two years under McLeish and the football was good. There again, what would he know compared to our resident know feck all Rolling Eyes
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A on Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:47 pm

villanfromluton wrote:

Strange that Artur Numan, who played for Holland, says that he enjoyed playing for two years under McLeish and the football was good. There again, what would he know compared to our resident know feck all Rolling Eyes

I don't think Jesus has seen what attacking players we have at Villa........
Jay.P.A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:59 pm

One thing he does inherit that not many previous managers did.. a PROVEN GOALSCORER.

That is a big bonus for him.. doesnt need to go out and buy one.
ADRIAN_1976

View user profile http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Ringo on Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:25 am

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:One thing he does inherit that not many previous managers did.. a PROVEN GOALSCORER.

Errrrr..........

Your 'Proven Goal Scorer'.......Did he get the 'Golden Boot' or finish in the top three?

I am at a loss here to understand that claim.
Ringo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:05 pm

Ringo wrote:

No player has scored more Premier League goals over the past 5 seasons. Does that help you understand it?

Then again, reading most the shit you post on here I don't think understanding things is a speciality of yours.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:06 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:One thing he does inherit that not many previous managers did.. a PROVEN GOALSCORER.

Quite right Ades and hopefully Gabby will be alongside him. A lot of work to be done mind, especially if Downing departs
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:20 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:
Ringo wrote:

No player has scored more Premier League goals over the past 5 seasons. Does that help you understand it?

Then again, reading most the shit you post on here I don't think understanding things is a speciality of yours.

Beds

RoT why even bother with a thick tnuc that tried providing evidence that Grant had never won three games in a row Rolling Eyes

ADRIAN_1976

View user profile http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:19 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:
Ringo wrote:

Beds
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top