Ashley Young joins utd

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ashley Young joins utd

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:11 pm

If reports on BBC are to be believed, nothing on OS yet but no doubt it will happen soon if it already hasn't.

Hopefully the figure is near the £20m mark which for a player with a year on his contract is pretty good, and at least he has actually moved to win stuff unlike Barry and Milner (we will ignore the blip of an FA cup last year Whistle )

Cheers for the good times Young, cheerio Wave

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ashley Young joins utd

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:16 pm

On the OS now.

I wish him all the best, unlike the two money grabbers.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:17 pm

Definitely, good luck to him.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A on Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:23 pm

Good luck to him, he's deserved it to be honest.

Been a great player for Villa, 4 seasons of quality stuff from him, and we still get back double for what we paid for him.

Cheers for the memories!!
Jay.P.A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:57 pm

Yep. Hope he does well at Man Yoo although I don't think he's at the level they require to have a crack at Barca yet. On another note though, it's galling to lose our best player 3 seasons in a row. Sad
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:01 pm

It will be Downing this time next year.

Just have to face it that we have become a team that buy in good players at a decent price and once everyone else see how good they are we sell. Could be worst could be buying shit players and doing shit and then selling them for shit like a few of the supported teams around this place Whistle

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MrMagoo on Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:14 pm

Good price for someone with only 1 year left on his contract.

With regards to only 1 year left on his contract, did the club offer him a new deal when he had a couple of years left?
MrMagoo
Da Boss

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:18 pm

Club wanted to renew his contract last year but he was stalling saying he wanted to concentrate on his football and discuss it at the end of the season so its been on the cards that he was looking to move.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MrMagoo on Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:21 pm

Fair enough.

Seems like he is leaving on good terms as far as the fans are concerned
MrMagoo
Da Boss

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A on Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:25 pm

Yeah he's never said anything bad about Villa, always stays quiet really, lets his football do the talking. Seems like a sensible lad (unless you have webcams around, that is).

An excellent winger, fast, agile, can pick a pass, but has excellent deliveries. I feel this season his delivery was as good as previous seasons, but in general the whole team was shite so can't really blame him for that, plus he ws playing in the middle alot this season anyway.
Jay.P.A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:47 pm

Well he has gone to a club that lets be honest it the biggest in England, you can't really hold a grudge about that, he wants to win things and he has given us nearly 5 years and never moaned.

Man City is a small club that has just got an extremely large amount of money from new owners so that is why many feel more pissed of over Barry and Milner leaving, not that Ashley Young won't be picking up a pretty penny at Man U of course.

Young is a good player, he gets some stick because I think we sometimes expect more of him then from other players and he does go down a lot, but a lot of the time they are fouls and its more because he is a fast a tricky player that makes people miss time challenges on him.

Scored a few goals and has got loads of assists, imagine if we had better forwards who didn't miss half the chances he has created for them he would have a lot lot more assists, that shows his quality. Having watched all the season reviews over the past week its more apparent to me just how much we might miss him, he was always involved in every attack, the architect of many, we will miss him, but then it might have been because our style of play focused through him more then it normally would, so it might open it up for other players to shine, with a year left on his contract and £16m - £20m in the bank I think its good business for both parties.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jak on Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:40 pm

It'll be interesting to see how he develops at United.
'If' he can just improve his end product he could be a revelation but it is a big 'if'.

jak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:29 pm

Well i'd just like to say had Man U not been interested he'd have gone somewhere else anyway.The difference between him Barry and Milner is that it was United and not City that wanted him.Had it have been liverpool or Spurs he'd have gone as long as they were offering him big money.So goodbye thanks for the service and i couldn't give a flying fcuk if he's shit for his new club.
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jak on Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:13 pm

QBVILLA wrote:Well i'd just like to say had Man U not been interested he'd have gone somewhere else anyway.The difference between him Barry and Milner is that it was United and not City that wanted him.Had it have been liverpool or Spurs he'd have gone as long as they were offering him big money.So goodbye thanks for the service and i couldn't give a flying fcuk if he's shit for his new club.

Thanks for the "service"? Are you acquainted? Shocked

jak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:30 pm

I recall when he signed for Villa, there were a few people on here laughing at the buy and amount. Think one of them was raving about Hogan Ebrahim at the same time Very Happy
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:35 am

villanfromluton wrote:I recall when he signed for Villa, there were a few people on here laughing at the buy and amount. Think one of them was raving about Hogan Ebrahim at the same time Very Happy

He's back in the Premiership now Shocked He'll set the world alight this season....

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A on Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:06 pm

englishhammer wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:I recall when he signed for Villa, there were a few people on here laughing at the buy and amount. Think one of them was raving about Hogan Ebrahim at the same time Very Happy

He's back in the Premiership now Shocked He'll set the world alight this season....

So this guy is a fecking arsonist?! Mad
Jay.P.A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top