what do you want

View previous topic View next topic Go down

what do you want

Post  villanfromluton on Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:09 am

Lets be honest, we are not going to be top 4 or most probably now top 6. Which would you prefer, a team of highly paid wanna go on to next steps bought in for x amount of pounds finishing 7th or a bunch of hungry young lads brought up in the club ethics finishing 12th or 13th with the hope of improving? There are lads such as Clark, Baker, Lichaj, Bannan, Hogg? not sure he will be there, Albrighton and Delfuonso at the club
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: what do you want

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:21 am

to be stronger at home, nothing like a poor home draw against lower table opposition to wreck a saturday.

I think we need to be pushing for a european spot thats about where we should be in that 6th - 8th group, I don't want to see the kids finishing 12th that would be a worst season then the last one and that was shit

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:06 am

We shouldn't finish lower than 8th, that's a minimum requirement when you look at the squad we've got.Some decent cup progress would be nice as well.I'd like to see clark and Albrighton be first choice players this season and for us not to sell our best player next summer
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:51 am

If you finish 12/13th its most likely that you will be in the threat of relegation till the end of the season. We definitely shouldn't finish lower than 8th, and let's hope we try and win a cup.

I am sure that Delph and Albrighton will feature a loads this season, as long as Delph stays fit. Clark may feature a bit but can't see him been first choice at centre back. The others I think we will see bits of bit not to regularly.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:08 am

We need a balance of players. If we rely on the kids and get in no experienced quality we will be in the relegation battle. If we keep downing make some decent signings we'll have a team that shouldn't finish below 8th and do well in the cups. If we lose downing and don't replace him and young and the CM we need with the right players we're in the shit.
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur on Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:18 am

I think you just ought to be pleased if you dont join wet spam in the bargain basement..

Laughing Laughing
FrenchSpur

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:23 am

FrenchSpur wrote:I think you just ought to be pleased if you dont join wet spam in the bargain basement..

Laughing Laughing

We'll do a swap at the end of next season so they can join their neighbours Cool

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:01 am

Paper reports saying Downing ready to hand in transfer request Mad

Hopefully bollox but can see the guy genuinely going..

We will lose two very big players and will end up with a transfer budget of over 50M if all the transfer money goes to the manager.. not overly thrilled with Mcleish getting to spend it..

With the right buys we should be in and around 8th.. will be hard to finish above the main 6 and should be us lot and Everton fighting for 7th/8th..
ADRIAN_1976

View user profile http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:21 am

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Paper reports saying Downing ready to hand in transfer request Mad

We will lose two very big players and will end up with a transfer budget of over 50M if all the transfer money goes to the manager.. not overly thrilled with Mcleish getting to spend it..

With the right buys we should be in and around 8th.. will be hard to finish above the main 6 and should be us lot and Everton fighting for 7th/8th..

8TH is the minimum and 7th spot will be a battle with Everton.To finish any higher would require one of the top 6 sides to go into meltdown or for us to employ a top class manager like Martin O'Neill.Oh hang on.......... Rolling Eyes
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:08 pm

Oneil did a cracking job at villa.. just think his cycle had come to an end in terms of he needed another cash boost to get us to push on from 6th.. Randy didn't like the fact we had the likes of Reo Luke Young Beye Sidwell Davies sitting on bench not getting a look in but picking up a hefty pay packet hence the breakdown in relationship..

catch 22 situation really.. but obv those days were waaaaay better then seeing Mcliesh roll in with no track record of spending big money on players..
ADRIAN_1976

View user profile http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:46 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Paper reports saying Downing ready to hand in transfer request Mad

Very unlikely IMO.
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A on Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:12 pm

I'd hope for a top 8 finish, and a decent cup run. Get N'Zogbia in to replace Ashley Young, and if Downing wants to go, let the tnuc go. One decent season and he thinks he's billy big bollocks. If he hands in a transfer request then that's just a big slap in our face.

We bought him when he was injured, helped him get back on track, showed alot of faith in him -so for him to leave at the first show of interest from another club would be pisstake.

If he hands in a transfer request , and Liverpool are willing to spend 20m for him, then Randy has to sell! Downing is good - he's not great though. Seems like Liverpool love to pay inflated prices.
Jay.P.A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ringo on Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:34 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:If you finish 12/13th its most likely that you will be in the threat of relegation till the end of the season. We definitely shouldn't finish lower than 8th, and let's hope we try and win a cup.

I am sure that Delph and Albrighton will feature a loads this season, as long as Delph stays fit. Clark may feature a bit but can't see him been first choice at centre back. The others I think we will see bits of bit not to regularly.

Great Idea!!!

Errrrrr........ Just a minute.......... Didn't your manager try that tactic last season with a team not a million miles from you ????
Ringo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:19 pm

Ringo wrote:
Great Idea!!!

Errrrrr........ Just a minute.......... Didn't your manager try that tactic last season with a team not a million miles from you ????

Every day you seem to become more of a bellend, the only reason I bother to respond to you is to try and help you realise what a twat you are. My reference was "try", which is in reference to the fact that a previous manager didn't "try" and win a cup.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:27 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:
Ringo wrote:
Great Idea!!!

Every day you seem to become more of a bellend, the only reason I bother to respond to you is to try and help you realise what a twat you are. My reference was "try", which is in reference to the fact that a previous manager didn't "try" and win a cup.

Beds Beds Beds
Top notch RoT.

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:20 pm

Ringo wrote:
roadoftrinity wrote:If you finish 12/13th its most likely that you will be in the threat of relegation till the end of the season. We definitely shouldn't finish lower than 8th, and let's hope we try and win a cup.

Great Idea!!!

WTF are you on about, think Villa fans and most neutrals will realise that ROT was referring to the man city debacle last season
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum