Carson Yeung

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Carson Yeung

Post  FrenchSpur on Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:55 pm

Tilton wrote:First I've heard of it. What comments did they make about him that caused him to resign?



I believe something was said when when a board member was in Germany. Cant remember the detail... and also it may not be true of course but I think it was on the beeb site..
avatar
FrenchSpur

Posts : 7854
Join date : 2009-07-02
Age : 56
Location : Southampton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Carson Yeung

Post  Tilton on Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:02 pm

villainies wrote:
Tilton wrote:
villainies wrote:I doubt very much we'll be paying a penny to the nosebags. Pannu has got his knickers in a twist but i'm not sure they have a leg to stand on.

Why?

He quit because he has had a long running problem with the board, this is in the hands of his lawyers. Villa made an approach after he quit, no wrong doing there. Pannu is getting pissy about it but has nothing to back up any of his false claims.

That is the reason given by the LMA. Funny then that his management team and coaches knew nothing of his 'problem'. You would have thought that he would have made some comments to them if he had serious issues with the board, yet they expressed their surprise at his resignation. Also, why sign a new contract at the end of last year if things were that bad?

Nah, this has got the rotten stink of Viler all over it.

Tilton

Posts : 1886
Join date : 2010-11-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Carson Yeung

Post  Tilton on Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:10 pm

FrenchSpur wrote:
Tilton wrote:First I've heard of it. What comments did they make about him that caused him to resign?



I believe something was said when when a board member was in Germany. Cant remember the detail... and also it may not be true of course but I think it was on the beeb site..

Hmmmmmmmm. Ok. Laughing

Tilton

Posts : 1886
Join date : 2010-11-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Carson Yeung

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:11 pm

no proof though, as far as villa are concerned he had quit his post at Birmingham and was a free agent, I doubt anyone will be able to prove otherwise. Mcleish himself might be liable unless of course he proves constructive dismissal by way that the board was overruling him and bringing players in he didn't want, in which case it could all come back to bite Mr Pannu in the arse and cost you money you don't have, especially once the dog eater has his assets frozen.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Posts : 5718
Join date : 2009-06-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Carson Yeung

Post  Tilton on Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:18 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:no proof though, as far as villa are concerned he had quit his post at Birmingham and was a free agent, I doubt anyone will be able to prove otherwise. Mcleish himself might be liable unless of course he proves constructive dismissal by way that the board was overruling him and bringing players in he didn't want, in which case it could all come back to bite Mr Pannu in the arse and cost you money you don't have, especially once the dog eater has his assets frozen.

This is part of a statement from the club issued on June 26th about the 'myth of interference':

"The club is disturbed and very concerned with the recent reporting by selective, and we believe agenda-led, reporters suggesting that the Birmingham City board had interfered with the previous manager in the transfer market. That is factually incorrect and the club did, on the 14th June 2011, release a statement stating our position.

"It is reiterated very strongly that there is a robust system in place whereby only players with the written authorisation of the manager had ever arrived at the club under the previous manager and will still be the case going forward.


Tilton

Posts : 1886
Join date : 2010-11-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Carson Yeung

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:22 pm

Do I believe statements released by Chinese people especially those who end up getting arrested for money laundering...

Lets be honest, none of us know for sure, its all speculation.

Even so I still don't think we will end up paying anything.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Posts : 5718
Join date : 2009-06-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Carson Yeung

Post  Tilton on Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:36 pm

You'll probably be offering us money to have him back by Christmas.


Tilton

Posts : 1886
Join date : 2010-11-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Carson Yeung

Post  Bedshammer on Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:09 pm

I think it's interesting that Pannu hasn't protested Yeung's innocence, just said that the charges relate to a period before Yeung bought into the club. The police have raided the Hong Kong office of Birmingham International Holdings and shares in the club have been suspended. It's apparently causing quite a stir in Hong Kong.
avatar
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Posts : 26426
Join date : 2009-05-25
Location : Bedfordshire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Carson Yeung

Post  roadoftrinity on Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:30 pm

Tilton wrote:You'll probably be offering us money to have him back by Christmas.


Maybe, look at my post on page 1. It will come out that's one of the reasons he left.

roadoftrinity

Posts : 2849
Join date : 2009-06-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Carson Yeung

Post  villainies on Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:38 am

Howmuch shit are the nosers in? Doesn't look good.
avatar
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Posts : 6323
Join date : 2009-05-26
Location : Bristol

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Carson Yeung

Post  Tilton on Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:55 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:
Tilton wrote:You'll probably be offering us money to have him back by Christmas.


Maybe, look at my post on page 1. It will come out that's one of the reasons he left.

I've looked at it again and I still think it's bollocks.

Tilton

Posts : 1886
Join date : 2010-11-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Carson Yeung

Post  jpr60 on Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:38 pm

Although the Birmingham situation looks, let's say dire at present they're not the only club to have welcomed a big-bucks buyer without, perhaps looking into the man's history - how did he gain his wealth, how does he opperate his business, basically is he "clean"? I know the football community is supposed to run the rule over potential club owners but I'm assuming that the check is not too thorough or, perhaps we don't really care about business scruples/morals/ethics when it comes to club ownership.
Whatever this could turn out extremely unpleasantly for those who love Birmingham City. What's to be learnt? "Money isn't everything" could be a start. And spare a thought, again for the fans. They get a moneyed owner, they're in the top division, they finally win a trophy and then - bang - relegation and now, well, who knows what?

jpr60

Posts : 15486
Join date : 2009-06-08
Age : 50
Location : London

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Carson Yeung

Post  Reddi! on Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:21 pm

Bedshammer wrote:I think it's interesting that Pannu hasn't protested Yeung's innocence, just said that the charges relate to a period before Yeung bought into the club. The police have raided the Hong Kong office of Birmingham International Holdings and shares in the club have been suspended. It's apparently causing quite a stir in Hong Kong.

Beds, Pannu hasn't got a clue about it, he's concerned about BIHL and his job and his pension etc etc etc etc etc .....

Yeung has some Triad connections, but what Chinese businessman hasn't? The entertainment industry in Central Birmingham is run by people who "associate with" Triad bosses, but it doesn't mean that they are involved in any wrong-doing.

Personally, I think Yeung is being set up as some sort of "patsy".

avatar
Reddi!

Posts : 1198
Join date : 2011-05-19
Age : 55
Location : Worcestershire, England

View user profile http://www.yma-associates.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Carson Yeung

Post  Bedshammer on Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:28 pm

Isn't Pannu an ex Hong Kong policeman, or did I dream that? I hadn't given the Triads any thought, to be honest - if Yeung is being set up, who for?
avatar
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Posts : 26426
Join date : 2009-05-25
Location : Bedfordshire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Carson Yeung

Post  roadoftrinity on Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:52 pm

Bedshammer wrote:Isn't Pannu an ex Hong Kong policeman, or did I dream that? I hadn't given the Triads any thought, to be honest - if Yeung is being set up, who for?

He was a policeman, he was accused of taking bribes from Triads but the never got to court in the end.

roadoftrinity

Posts : 2849
Join date : 2009-06-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Carson Yeung

Post  villanfromluton on Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:54 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:
Bedshammer wrote:Isn't Pannu an ex Hong Kong policeman, or did I dream that? I hadn't given the Triads any thought, to be honest - if Yeung is being set up, who for?

He was a policeman, he was accused of taking bribes from Triads but the never got to court in the end.

Wonder why Suspect
avatar
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Posts : 15241
Join date : 2009-05-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Carson Yeung

Post  FrenchSpur on Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:26 am

jpr60 wrote:Although the Birmingham situation looks, let's say dire at present they're not the only club to have welcomed a big-bucks buyer without, perhaps looking into the man's history - how did he gain his wealth, how does he opperate his business, basically is he "clean"? I know the football community is supposed to run the rule over potential club owners but I'm assuming that the check is not too thorough or, perhaps we don't really care about business scruples/morals/ethics when it comes to club ownership.
Whatever this could turn out extremely unpleasantly for those who love Birmingham City. What's to be learnt? "Money isn't everything" could be a start. And spare a thought, again for the fans. They get a moneyed owner, they're in the top division, they finally win a trophy and then - bang - relegation and now, well, who knows what?

He started life as a hairdresser..... and managed to mass a fortune investing in Macau... Which if you knew Macau you would understand why that is a pretty unrealistic....

The only person who made money in Macau was Stanley Ho who owned the casino there... The other casinos are corporate owned.

His money will have come from some dodgy dealings with the tripods...
avatar
FrenchSpur

Posts : 7854
Join date : 2009-07-02
Age : 56
Location : Southampton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Carson Yeung

Post  roadoftrinity on Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:39 am

Telegraph on Pannu wrote:

Yet during the 1990s, Mr Pannu made headlines several times, most notably when he and his associates were accused of accepting HK$20,000 (£7,000) from Andely Chan, the Sun Yee On Triad boss. They pleaded not guilty and said their jobs required them to meet known Triad members.

Mr Pannu was acquitted of the charges in 1996 after Chan was murdered in Macao and another key witness told the court he no longer wished to testify. Mr Pannu was also acquitted of other charges after which a judge said any police policy of mixing with Triads “to keep one’s finger on the pulse of the underworld” was “fraught with dangers for all concerned.” Mr Pannu said last week: “There is no allegation hanging over my head... We should bear in mind that allegations are made against people everywhere in this world. The fact remains the issues were cleared.”

roadoftrinity

Posts : 2849
Join date : 2009-06-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Carson Yeung

Post  FrenchSpur on Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:58 am

roadoftrinity wrote:
Telegraph on Pannu wrote:

Yet during the 1990s, Mr Pannu made headlines several times, most notably when he and his associates were accused of accepting HK$20,000 (£7,000) from Andely Chan, the Sun Yee On Triad boss. They pleaded not guilty and said their jobs required them to meet known Triad members.

Mr Pannu was acquitted of the charges in 1996 after Chan was murdered in Macao and another key witness told the court he no longer wished to testify. Mr Pannu was also acquitted of other charges after which a judge said any police policy of mixing with Triads “to keep one’s finger on the pulse of the underworld” was “fraught with dangers for all concerned.” Mr Pannu said last week: “There is no allegation hanging over my head... We should bear in mind that allegations are made against people everywhere in this world. The fact remains the issues were cleared.”

HK police were not known for their probity.. There are a lot of rich Police men out there...

A long time ago there was the case of a Gay Inspector who was about to out a few of his colleges because he felt guilty about something..... He was found in his flat in his bedroom with five gunshot wounds from his service revolver through his heart..... The investigation concluded it was suicide.....

So when Mr Pannu (who seems to have managed to get from being a police man to running a football club which seems to be a real leap of faith by someone) says something about corruption I am minded to take it with a large pinch of salt.
avatar
FrenchSpur

Posts : 7854
Join date : 2009-07-02
Age : 56
Location : Southampton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Carson Yeung

Post  Ringo on Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:05 pm

FrenchSpur wrote:
roadoftrinity wrote:
Telegraph on Pannu wrote:

Yet during the 1990s, Mr Pannu made headlines several times, most notably when he and his associates were accused of accepting HK$20,000 (£7,000) from Andely Chan, the Sun Yee On Triad boss. They pleaded not guilty and said their jobs required them to meet known Triad members.

Mr Pannu was acquitted of the charges in 1996 after Chan was murdered in Macao and another key witness told the court he no longer wished to testify. Mr Pannu was also acquitted of other charges after which a judge said any police policy of mixing with Triads “to keep one’s finger on the pulse of the underworld” was “fraught with dangers for all concerned.” Mr Pannu said last week: “There is no allegation hanging over my head... We should bear in mind that allegations are made against people everywhere in this world. The fact remains the issues were cleared.”

HK police were not known for their probity.. There are a lot of rich Police men out there...

A long time ago there was the case of a Gay Inspector who was about to out a few of his colleges because he felt guilty about something..... He was found in his flat in his bedroom with five gunshot wounds from his service revolver through his heart..... The investigation concluded it was suicide.....

So when Mr Pannu (who seems to have managed to get from being a police man to running a football club which seems to be a real leap of faith by someone) says something about corruption I am minded to take it with a large pinch of salt.

I didn't realise they had an upper learning facility on how to be a poof. Shocked
avatar
Ringo

Posts : 3800
Join date : 2009-06-04
Age : 65
Location : Chadwell Heath

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Carson Yeung

Post  FrenchSpur on Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:35 pm

Ooopppsssssiiiieeeee

IS that called doing a billy ???
avatar
FrenchSpur

Posts : 7854
Join date : 2009-07-02
Age : 56
Location : Southampton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Carson Yeung

Post  Reddi! on Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:12 pm

Billy Bonds wrote:Oi you bandy legged long nosed Heathen you,,,we have fat SAM and hopefully our time will change...so zip it George

















































Tease

Yup, a bit of the old long-ball game should see you safely in mid-table!! Very Happy
avatar
Reddi!

Posts : 1198
Join date : 2011-05-19
Age : 55
Location : Worcestershire, England

View user profile http://www.yma-associates.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Carson Yeung

Post  Guest on Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:28 am

Reddi! wrote:
Billy Bonds wrote:Oi you bandy legged long nosed Heathen you,,,we have fat SAM and hopefully our time will change...so zip it George

















































Tease

Yup, a bit of the old long-ball game should see you safely in mid-table!! Very Happy

McLeish. Beds

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Carson Yeung

Post  Tilton on Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:00 pm

FrenchSpur wrote:
jpr60 wrote:Although the Birmingham situation looks, let's say dire at present they're not the only club to have welcomed a big-bucks buyer without, perhaps looking into the man's history - how did he gain his wealth, how does he opperate his business, basically is he "clean"? I know the football community is supposed to run the rule over potential club owners but I'm assuming that the check is not too thorough or, perhaps we don't really care about business scruples/morals/ethics when it comes to club ownership.
Whatever this could turn out extremely unpleasantly for those who love Birmingham City. What's to be learnt? "Money isn't everything" could be a start. And spare a thought, again for the fans. They get a moneyed owner, they're in the top division, they finally win a trophy and then - bang - relegation and now, well, who knows what?

He started life as a hairdresser..... and managed to mass a fortune investing in Macau... Which if you knew Macau you would understand why that is a pretty unrealistic....

The only person who made money in Macau was Stanley Ho who owned the casino there.
.. The other casinos are corporate owned.

His money will have come from some dodgy dealings with the tripods...

Plenty of people have made serious money in Macau. And you do know that there's more than one casino there, don't you?

Carson Yeung was a shareholder in the Greek Mythology casino.


Tilton

Posts : 1886
Join date : 2010-11-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Carson Yeung

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum