Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: 1st Game

Post  villainies on Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:59 pm

Given

Young Cuellar Dann Warnock

Albrighton Delph Makoun N'Zog

Bent Gabby

Reckon Given is AM's first choice and will get him as long as he will take a wage cut. Dunne and Collins like the booze a bit too much and have definitely lost the edge from the first half of the season before last. Cuellar into his best position and we all know AM rates Dann and will probably be able to get him with the money from the sale of Downing. Think he will convince Young and Warnock to stay and play properly. He has already said he wants to see more of the younger players on the field so Albrighton and Delph if fit will play more and I think Bannan will get a go too. Zog replaces Downing. Up front is a problem, ideally Bent and Gabby will be able to play together but if they can't we need somone else and don't really want to wait until next year or pay over the odds in January.
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:00 pm

Unless you visit those areas, which unless you live in them I doubt whats it matter, I live in a nice area and Birmingham city centre is as nice a city centre as I've been to and been out in so why should I care that Acocks Green is a bit shit when I've spent about 10mins of my whole life driving through it now and again.

My work and following football has taken me to almost every City in the country and I wouldn't move to any of them in favour of where I already am, even some really nice places like Belfast and Copenhagen (i know not in this country) which are really nice places I'm sure most agree, if you go out into the residential area's they not any better then here, in fact there bloomin worst.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:20 pm

Surely we must have worst come to worst 10M to spend from the Ash Young money and money for a new keeper plus assuming Downing goes and lets say we get 20M that mean we have 30M ( think will be more!)

4-4-2

Given (4M)

Young Cuellar Dunne Figueroa (4M)

Albrighton Makoun Parker (8M) N Zog (9M)

Bent Gabby

Thats 25Mish spent and still money left over..

4-5-1

Given

Young Cuellar Dunne Figueroa

Albrighton Makoun Parker N Zog

Krankjear (8M)/Ireland/Carnales (loan)

Bent

Plus Delph will feature a lot so midfeld can be rotated.. hope we can get Parker.. dont think Liverpool need him now.. Arsenal wont go for him so that leaves the cnut Harry really..

Buying Krankjear would mean we splashed out 30M plus but im sure we have money and Lerner is playing down the fact so we dont have to pay inflated prices.

ADRIAN_1976

View user profile http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:36 pm

I think we will probably spend about £20m on new players. Goalkeeper, defender and a winger and that will be it.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:42 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:I think we will probably spend about £20m on new players. Goalkeeper, defender and a winger and that will be it.

I agree. We'll get £18 m for Downing and that will cover a new winger, keeper and either a CB or left back.
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A on Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:50 pm

You guys serious?

Despite all the bollox being sprouted about in the media, I think we'll spend more then 25m.
Jay.P.A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:53 pm

Matt Kendrick said that we have money for a new keeper.. which should be 7Mish shouldn't it.. and some of the Ash Young money.. even if its only 8M thats 15M.. any other money should be from players being sold.. so if Downing goes for 20m then we should have a kitty in excess of 30M..

IF we only spend 18-20M then that is a major fcuking piss take and shows our ambition esp with the fair play rules kicking in soon.
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:13 pm

Internazionale_Villa wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:
Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:Nope but there is a perception of birmingham as a big concrete jungle, its untrue and a stigma from the quick rebuilding of the city following the second world war, the city has been undergoing the biggest rebuilding project in europe for the last 10+ years and there are now some really nice areas of the city centre and nice residential area's, my sister and her fella have just bought a lovely house in a new development in Great Barr. Those who say its a shithole in general have only ever passed through the industrial areas around the M6 or live in a shit part of it, thats their own problem.

Anyway I don't really want to get into the whole shit city bullshit debate, I've submitted my team, not many new signings in there (well only 1) but thats because so far the players we have been linked with are all shit (or is that average) I dunno.

The West midlands as a whole is a bit of an armpit IMO.In my last job I worked all over the Midlands and although there are a few nice areas,Birmingham is generally a dumping ground.handsworth,Washwood Heath,Sparkbrook,Sparkhill,Alum Rock and Aston are like Ghettos.I'm happy enough where i live and there are some nice suburbs in Brum but no doubt if i had the money and job opportunity i'd be off down Cornwall.

Anyway as for signings, I expect we'll spend around £15-20m, which if we sell Downing (looks likely) is less than half than we got for him and Young.Pires,Friedel,Reo Coker and Carew are off the wage bill now so i'd hope we have some decent clout in the market.Lets face it the last thing McMinge needs is to be restricted with his budget.

I agree with you for once regarding the West Midlands. When i was working at home i used to travel all over too. You also got places like Chelmsley Wood, Northfield, Rugley, Tamworth probably more which are full of chavs. There are some nice areas but far more sh*tholes.

Im not a chav Crying or Very sad
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:41 am

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Matt Kendrick said that we have money for a new keeper.. which should be 7Mish shouldn't it.. and some of the Ash Young money.. even if its only 8M thats 15M.. any other money should be from players being sold.. so if Downing goes for 20m then we should have a kitty in excess of 30M..

IF we only spend 18-20M then that is a major fcuking piss take and shows our ambition esp with the fair play rules kicking in soon.

The compensation deals for O'Neill,Kermit and soon to be Mcminge added to the sell on clause for Watford hasn't left a great deal from the Young transfer.Would guess that the backroom staff that have also gone with a few quid as well.
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer on Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:44 am

McMinge, lol......
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:58 am

Bedshammer wrote:McMinge, lol......

Would you like fries with that?
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer on Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:35 am

QBVILLA wrote:
Bedshammer wrote:McMinge, lol......

Would you like fries with that?

I seem to have lost my appetite.
pale
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:26 am

Mcminge needs to make some signings soon the fucking scottish cunting wanking blue nose tnuc face twat.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Internazionale_Villa on Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:41 am

Never heard 'McMinge' before, it made me Laughing when i read the post. He does need to start looking at signings ASAP especially a new keeper

Internazionale_Villa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:45 am

Internazionale_Villa wrote:Never heard 'McMinge' before, it made me Laughing when i read the post. He does need to start looking at signings ASAP especially a new keeper

According to reports, it seems that Given will be the new keeper and Guzan will say at 2nd choice.

Would love us to sign Parker but I just seem him going to Spurs.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:51 am

Happy with Given, Parker is average Whistle

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:30 am

roadoftrinity wrote:
Internazionale_Villa wrote:Never heard 'McMinge' before, it made me Laughing when i read the post. He does need to start looking at signings ASAP especially a new keeper

According to reports, it seems that Given will be the new keeper and Guzan will say at 2nd choice.

Would love us to sign Parker but I just seem him going to Spurs.

Given at 3.5M is a great deal. Would live Parker but no doubt Harry the Cnut will be in for him!

ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:54 am

Not sure Spuds need Parker now cos Sandro looks a class act, would have thought he would ideal for the gooners
villanfromluton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Internazionale_Villa on Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:30 am

V.happy if we do get Given. A solid defender, a LB, RB, a winger and a striker and ill be happy. Seriously dont think we need Parker, i think Delph will shine alongside Makoun. Would be happy with Kranjcaer though.

Internazionale_Villa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:34 am

Internazionale_Villa wrote:V.happy if we do get Given. A solid defender, a LB, RB, a winger and a striker and ill be happy. Seriously dont think we need Parker, i think Delph will shine alongside Makoun. Would be happy with Kranjcaer though.

Delph and Makoun in the centre? Only if we want to have a competition with Cattermole and Gardner at Sunderland on who can rack up the most bookings and sending offs.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:49 am

roadoftrinity wrote:
Internazionale_Villa wrote:V.happy if we do get Given. A solid defender, a LB, RB, a winger and a striker and ill be happy. Seriously dont think we need Parker, i think Delph will shine alongside Makoun. Would be happy with Kranjcaer though.

Delph and Makoun in the centre? Only if we want to have a competition with Cattermole and Gardner at Sunderland on who can rack up the most bookings and sending offs.

I agree with inter, think these could do well together if Makoun can adjust, and know that is a big if. Also agree re Krancaer, would like him at the club. If Stoke are after Dann, does that mean one of Shawcross or Huth are likely to be on their way?
villanfromluton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Internazionale_Villa on Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:55 am

If Stoke are interested in him then ill be pissed if we dont bid for him. On a different topic, just looking through the fixtures for the first time first 7 games are all winnable, we're getting raped in december though. Looks like i can get to Newcastle at home and QPR away when im back next Very Happy

Internazionale_Villa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:00 pm

Dann's pedigree seems to have improved somewhat since he got injured. There were rumours of Arsenal/Chelsea/Liverpool as well. I honestly havent seen enough of him to give an opinion, but Blues fans seem to rate him
villanfromluton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton on Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:57 pm

If you took the best bits of Franco Baresi, Fabio Cannavaro, Franz Beckenbauer, Noel Blake, Ronald Koeman, Nemanja Vidic and Carlos Puyol and put them all together to make one player - that's Dann.

Tilton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Internazionale_Villa on Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:02 pm

villanfromluton wrote:Dann's pedigree seems to have improved somewhat since he got injured. There were rumours of Arsenal/Chelsea/Liverpool as well. I honestly havent seen enough of him to give an opinion, but Blues fans seem to rate him

In that case i change my mind. If the same fans who rate Zigic and Jerome rate Dann then no thanks.

Internazionale_Villa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top