N Zog..

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: N Zog..

Post  roadoftrinity on Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:37 am

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:

I agree esp if Aiden McGeady or SWP are the alternatives Shocked

I've never really seen McGeady play so cant comment on him, but I would hate for us to sign SWP, think he is rubbish.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:41 am

This should be all sorted by the end of the week. I hope Cuellar makes his decision too, if he goes then we'll certainly need to be looking at a good CB. I'd like to see the Parker thing sorted too and then I think we're capable of having a decent season.
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:41 am

McGeady is a good player esp in Scotland but N Zog is a lot better IMO.. As for SWP.. he is 30 now and what a waste of talent he has turned out to be.. nearly as bad as Joe Cole in that respect..
ADRIAN_1976

View user profile http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:42 am

villainies wrote:This should be all sorted by the end of the week. I hope Cuellar makes his decision too, if he goes then we'll certainly need to be looking at a good CB. I'd like to see the Parker thing sorted too and then I think we're capable of having a decent season.

I think we had him in the bag if it wasnt for Essien getting injured Mad
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:43 am

villainies wrote:This should be all sorted by the end of the week. I hope Cuellar makes his decision too, if he goes then we'll certainly need to be looking at a good CB. I'd like to see the Parker thing sorted too and then I think we're capable of having a decent season.

With all of this talk of over inflated prices isn't it ridiculous we face losing Cuellar for £2m?
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:45 am

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:McGeady is a good player esp in Scotland but N Zog is a lot better IMO.. As for SWP.. he is 30 now and what a waste of talent he has turned out to be.. nearly as bad as Joe Cole in that respect..

12 months ago we'd have been overjoyed to sign Joe Cole.I'd happily take Cole or SWP.As for McGeady how's his career gone since he moved to Russia?
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:46 am

Should tell Ranges to f off, they rated him at 7.8M only a few seasons ago, how can they justify such low valuation now. I know he hasn't played much but still £5m should be the minimum price for him.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:50 am

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:

I think we had him in the bag if it wasnt for Essien getting injured Mad

If that's the case then hopefully someone else, possibly from Europe. Big season coming up for M. Albrighton.
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:10 am

QBVILLA wrote:
ADRIAN_1976 wrote:McGeady is a good player esp in Scotland but N Zog is a lot better IMO.. As for SWP.. he is 30 now and what a waste of talent he has turned out to be.. nearly as bad as Joe Cole in that respect..

12 months ago we'd have been overjoyed to sign Joe Cole.I'd happily take Cole or SWP.As for McGeady how's his career gone since he moved to Russia?

They were saying he creates or scores a goal every 2 games.. so not bad by the sounds of it..
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:14 am

Dont really rate McGeady from what I have seen of him, is he another Maloney?

Cant see us being after SWP, he rarely plays on the left and we have Albrighton on the right, unless he is after players for both sides.
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:17 am

I think we need two wingers. We cant expect Albrighton to do a full season on the right, he is still young and might lose form and then we have no one that can play there, unless he see's Ireland and Bannan as been able to play on the wings.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:19 am

QBVILLA wrote:

With all of this talk of over inflated prices isn't it ridiculous we face losing Cuellar for £2m?

Doesn't add up to me unless he wants to move back there and/or he isn't looking up to it. I'd prefer he stayed, played at CB and kept the other two on their toes. If he leaves we'll need to spend money to replace him which seems like what we are trying to avoid doing.
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:23 am

roadoftrinity wrote:I think we need two wingers. We cant expect Albrighton to do a full season on the right, he is still young and might lose form and then we have no one that can play there, unless he see's Ireland and Bannan as been able to play on the wings.

If i was MA I'd be in the manager's ear every day to make that position my own. He got dropped in it a bit last season but now he can step up.
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:40 am

villainies wrote:

If i was MA I'd be in the manager's ear every day to make that position my own. He got dropped in it a bit last season but now he can step up.

He is still young to rely on for a season, nearly every young player breaking through will have a period when they struggle, especially wingers.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A on Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:42 am

Agree with ROT, we definitely need two wingers in.

Thats why I want us to sign N'Zogbia asap, and now those rumours about Vargas, hoping they're true because he's much better then that fuckwit Downing. Hope we can bring in Parker we if can as well.

And because N'Zogbia is capable of playing behind the striker, our midfield/strike could potentially be:

Albrighton Makoun Parker Vargas
--------------N'Zogbia---------
---------Bent------------------
Jay.P.A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:46 am

Jay.P.A wrote:Agree with ROT, we definitely need two wingers in.

Thats why I want us to sign N'Zogbia asap, and now those rumours about Vargas, hoping they're true because he's much better then that fuckwit Downing.

Would you have said that before Downing asked to leave? And how many times have you actually seen vargas play? I'll gladly admit i'd never even heard of him until i saw it on here
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A on Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:47 am

And we'd have options on the bench/squad,

Ireland
Bannan
Petrov
Agbonlahor
Delfouneso
G. Gardner
Jay.P.A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:49 am

Thats why I want us to sign N'Zogbia asap, and now those rumours about Vargas, hoping they're true because he's much better then that fuckwit Downing. Hope we can bring in Parker we if can as well.

And because N'Zogbia is capable of playing behind the striker, our midfield/strike could potentially be:

Potentially it could be fecking anyone Very Happy Where's that list of yours, you eternal optimist, or solvent abuser Very Happy
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:51 am

I hope we can get two wide players in, do we have the finances? I think ROT is right in saying a full season may be too much for Albrighton at the minute, but think he is a real talent.
villanfromluton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A on Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:51 am

QBVILLA wrote:

Thats why I want us to sign N'Zogbia asap, and now those rumours about Vargas, hoping they're true because he's much better then that fuckwit Downing.

Would you have said that before Downing asked to leave? And how many times have you actually seen vargas play? I'll gladly admit i'd never even heard of him until i saw it on here

To be honest QB, I have never rated Downing. Was totally shocked that MON when we signed him, for the price and his injury coincedently. Last season, the guy was winning me over though, but in order for him to be the best player in our team, our whole team had to be shite.

Regarding Vargas, I've seen him play for Peru more then I've seen him play for Fiorentina, but everytime I've seen him play, he's done very, very well. Excellent ball control, just loves hugging the left hand side touchline. Plus he can play Left Back as well. Just an all round better natural footballer then Downing.

Last edited by Jay.P.A on Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Jay.P.A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:51 am

I'm going

Albrighton Parker Makoun Zog
............Bannan................
.............Bent..................

Tidy!

villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A on Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:53 am

QBVILLA wrote:

Potentially it could be fecking anyone Very Happy Where's that list of yours, you eternal optimist, or solvent abuser Very Happy

Eternal optimist, me! Cool
Jay.P.A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:56 am

jay, make no mistake Downing is a fine Premiership footballer.Pretty much sure i tipped him 12 months ago to be a top player for us with a full pre season behind him.Anyway, he's gone now and we did well out of the deal.Personally i'm not keen on signing from abroad players who haven't played in the Prem before.As a club Villa don't have a great record with signings that come in from abroad.They don't have the luxury of a settling in period as the fans don't give them time.
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:01 pm

QBVILLA wrote:jay, make no mistake Downing is a fine Premiership footballer.Pretty much sure i tipped him 12 months ago to be a top player for us with a full pre season behind him.Anyway, he's gone now and we did well out of the deal.Personally i'm not keen on signing from abroad players who haven't played in the Prem before.As a club Villa don't have a great record with signings that come in from abroad.They don't have the luxury of a settling in period as the fans don't give them time.

Fans like you I presume Mad

Thing is I think we need to shop abroad on the odd occassion to get a chance of a bargain rather than the massively inflated prices here. I dont know this Vargas guy, says Juventus are after him, just wonder why others clubs wouldnt be.
villanfromluton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A on Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:02 pm

QBVILLA wrote:jay, make no mistake Downing is a fine Premiership footballer.Pretty much sure i tipped him 12 months ago to be a top player for us with a full pre season behind him.Anyway, he's gone now and we did well out of the deal.Personally i'm not keen on signing from abroad players who haven't played in the Prem before.As a club Villa don't have a great record with signings that come in from abroad.They don't have the luxury of a settling in period as the fans don't give them time.

No doubting Downing's ability - just look what he did last season, with, as you said, a full pre-season, and confidence. But I've just personally never rated him.

I see what you mean about the foreign players, but there have been exceptions - Mellberg, Laursen, Bouma, Carew, JPA What a Face , and I'm sincerely hoping Makoun proves all the doubters wrong as well this season.
Jay.P.A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum