uh oh. Shocked
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ONE MORE SIGNING

Post  Bedshammer on Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:25 pm

Who?
That's not my owl impression, by the way.
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:27 pm

Bedshammer wrote:Who?
That's not my owl impression, by the way.

dunno. I guess Zog or the like but that was what Eck just said on the radio apparently. Can only assume that means Cuellar is going nowhere.
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:27 pm

I've not heard the interview but it's not surprising.

We have some good kids and a good basis for a first 11 if we sign N'Zogbia. Plus from what I have have read, he said before the start of the season. Players prices will come down the closer to the transfer window closing.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:20 pm

Where did he say this villanies?
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:24 pm

Radio WM. But it cant be right if Carlos is going. If he stays and we get Zog then I wouldn't be surprised if that's it. Although I think we'll struggle in the middle.
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:37 pm

I cant see it being right, even if Carlos stays. Would expect at least two signings, but you never know
villanfromluton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer on Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:10 pm

He's featuring on SSN, saying there's only enough cash for 1 more signing & has to balance the books on previous managers' spending.
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur on Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:16 pm

Bedshammer wrote:He's featuring on SSN, saying there's only enough cash for 1 more signing & has to balance the books on previous managers' spending.

sign of the times for most clubs
FrenchSpur

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:21 pm

Think we need two wide players, but if the likes of Ireland, Warnock and the two centre backs pull their fingers out, thnk we can have a decent squad. Has to be remembered the money that was spent in January on Bent and Makoun
villanfromluton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:46 pm

Bollox! It cant be true but if it is then u can Brush it up as you want but that's a joke..

We have got rid of Reo Young Downing Carew Sidwell Friedel Bradley Walker plus other squad players. Ok we've added a few like Makoun Bent n Given..

Also collected a whack for sales of Young n Downing..

How can we not add to the squad. And if the money is such an issue we shouldn't have given one man such control that we ended up with wage bill being 80% of turnover and likes of Heskey n Beye on 40K plus..

ADRIAN_1976

View user profile http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:23 pm

the finances had spiraled out of control, was talking about this the other day with my housemate so rather bad of me I made copies of all the player contracts to bring home, was looking through them and its not just the wages on average players but the signing on fee's, we have turned average players into millionaires in an instance with no justification. Couple of the worst ones was osbourne and salifou. Salifou started out on hardly anything and despite doing nothing to warrant any more re-negotiated his contract twice, tripling his weekly wage and paying him massive signing on fee's, osbourne was also the same, despite only a few appearances in MON first season he was given 2 more contracts with signing on fee's making him £500k, and why? he will never be more then a average lower league player.

Add loyalty bonuses and stupid agent fee's like Heskey, only cost £3.5m, his agency was paid £4.5m how the **** does that work.

It was no wonder Lerner had probably had enough of the club spending a fortune on players only to get rid of them on a cheap because MOn fell out with them, that was MON only major downfall, he was to stubborn.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:28 pm

Bloody hell if that's true then Lerner hasn't a scooby on how to run the club and Oneil got us 6th but bloody blew the lot on average players hence why there's nothing left.
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:43 pm

to much info there, job to think about, lets just say Sidwell was like burning piles of money.

Last edited by Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:57 pm

Ashtonishing Shocked

Just hope we have enough left over for more then the one player.
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:07 pm

for all we know we have paid Given a massive SOF to make up for his pay cut, the profit from Downing might already be gone Laughing

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Internazionale_Villa on Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:21 am

You guys still happy we sold our players for 36million Laughing

Like i said in another post, doesnt matter even if we sold them for 50million because we wont go out and replace them with the same calibre of player.

1 More player, N'Zogbia most likely. We need so many more though Sad

Internazionale_Villa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:50 am

AVFC, I didn't see that before you edited but I remember before seeing the £10 million plus we burnt on Sidwell.

That's the problem we have, we can't really blame just one person. MON was given the money, he spend some wisely and some badly, Lerner was speculating on a few factors,

Us reaching the Champions League, (Man City came along and we just weren't quite good enough)
Selling out every week and having a waiting list for season tickets (Fans in general have less money and are becoming bored of football)
Massive sponsership deals (Global recession)

So if we have to use the money was have from sales to pay for some of our running costs, that's how it is. We have some good youngsters coming through so we can just enjoy watching them. I guess it explains why we went for McLeish, Hughes isn't the type to make do.

Lets hope we manage to at least bring N'Zogbia in, even though he is a twat, he is the type of player to get fans of their seats.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:56 am

Well put ROT, think that has pretty much hit the nail on the head.Will say though that when we signed Sidwell it was a pretty universal feeling that it was a great signing.I hope that Stephen Ireland doesn't end up going the same way and he actually makes the most of the chance McMinge has given him
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:05 am

QBVILLA wrote:Well put ROT, think that has pretty much hit the nail on the head.Will say though that when we signed Sidwell it was a pretty universal feeling that it was a great signing.I hope that Stephen Ireland doesn't end up going the same way and he actually makes the most of the chance McMinge has given him

Yes, I think we all thought Sidwell would do well. I'm sure at one point I suggested he might force his way into the England squad. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur on Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:48 am

The problem is if you dont speculate to try to get into the CL then you wont get the benefit of the big sums of money that come with it. IT is very hard to compete with teams that are getting £20mill extra every year by being in the CL
FrenchSpur

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:15 am

MON made too many mistakes in the transfer market IMO but what's done is done. Right now we need a rePlacement for Downing. Don't think we'll be getting two wingers and only another CB if Cuellar leaves. I think Zog is a good replacement and albrighton has the talent to step into Youngs shoes. As ROT said that leaves us around 10m which IMO would be best spent on a CM. With an uninterrupted pre season we'll start in better shape than last year.
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:19 am

villainies wrote:MON made too many mistakes in the transfer market IMO but what's done is done. Right now we need a rePlacement for Downing. Don't think we'll be getting two wingers and only another CB if Cuellar leaves. I think Zog is a good replacement and albrighton has the talent to step into Youngs shoes. As ROT said that leaves us around 10m which IMO would be best spent on a CM. With an uninterrupted pre season we'll start in better shape than last year.

I agree, we need someone different in central midfield, however, players that we currently have that can play central midfield are -

Petrov, Makoun, Delph, Ireland, plus Bannan, Hogg, Clark and Herd as well.

Between the first four, Petrov, Makoun, Delph, Ireland, you would imagine that's around £180k a week in wages. You can see why the club would be against signing Scott Parker on massive wages.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MrMagoo on Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:13 am

FrenchSpur wrote:The problem is if you dont speculate to try to get into the CL then you wont get the benefit of the big sums of money that come with it. IT is very hard to compete with teams that are getting £20mill extra every year by being in the CL

Look at what happened to Leeds when they tried to speculate.

They amount of money required to get from 6th-8th place into the top 4 is so big clubs just cant afford it or are not willing to take the risk.

Where would Chelsea and Man City be if their rich owners hadnt come in?
MrMagoo
Da Boss

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur on Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:52 am

MrMagoo wrote:
FrenchSpur wrote:The problem is if you dont speculate to try to get into the CL then you wont get the benefit of the big sums of money that come with it. IT is very hard to compete with teams that are getting £20mill extra every year by being in the CL

Look at what happened to Leeds when they tried to speculate.

They amount of money required to get from 6th-8th place into the top 4 is so big clubs just cant afford it or are not willing to take the risk.

Where would Chelsea and Man City be if their rich owners hadnt come in?

I know it really annoys me about Chelsea banging on how they are a big club with a rich history. In fact the have some bloke who likes to waste money on winning a trophy. Man City are becoming the same.

I realise speculation is a dangerous game but unless you have someone who wants to do that then you are like Spurs always going to be just within touching distance but never quite able to grasp the prize.

FrenchSpur

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top