ONE MORE SIGNING

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: ONE MORE SIGNING

Post  villainies on Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:26 am

roadoftrinity wrote:
villainies wrote:MON made too many mistakes in the transfer market IMO but what's done is done. Right now we need a rePlacement for Downing. Don't think we'll be getting two wingers and only another CB if Cuellar leaves. I think Zog is a good replacement and albrighton has the talent to step into Youngs shoes. As ROT said that leaves us around 10m which IMO would be best spent on a CM. With an uninterrupted pre season we'll start in better shape than last year.

I agree, we need someone different in central midfield, however, players that we currently have that can play central midfield are -

Petrov, Makoun, Delph, Ireland, plus Bannan, Hogg, Clark and Herd as well.

Between the first four, Petrov, Makoun, Delph, Ireland, you would imagine that's around £180k a week in wages. You can see why the club would be against signing Scott Parker on massive wages.

I reckon Bannan and Delph will be eased into the MF this season but as it stands the starting centre two will come from Petrov, Makoun and Ireland. IMO there is no way Petrov can play at the level he did two seasons ago, he'll pick up more injuries and not last 90 mins. Who knows what Ireland is going to do and Makoun is a bit of an unknown. With Parker in there our MF looks tidy with no addition it could be our achilles heel.
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:30 pm

Parker isn't worth the money, wants large wages just because the hammers overpay him, isn't as good as everyone makes out. I'd much rather see us go with Makoun or Petrov alongside Delph. Delph is a real talent, he has looked so much better then most of the CM at the club in the few appearences he has made between injuries, he could develop into a top player if he is actually played.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:44 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:Parker isn't worth the money, wants large wages just because the hammers overpay him, isn't as good as everyone makes out. I'd much rather see us go with Makoun or Petrov alongside Delph. Delph is a real talent, he has looked so much better then most of the CM at the club in the few appearences he has made between injuries, he could develop into a top player if he is actually played.

I would love to see Delph stay fit for the season and be given a run in the team.

If he plays well enough then he could be the player this season that we are preparing for a bigger club. Sad

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Internazionale_Villa on Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:55 pm

Saw Bent saying today that he thought we had good youth etc, also said Ireland was like a new signing for the club. We dont need any midfielders IMO, we're strong in that department. You have to worry though if Bent gets injured or 1 of our CB,s.

Internazionale_Villa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:59 pm

Internazionale_Villa wrote:Saw Bent saying today that he thought we had good youth etc, also said Ireland was like a new signing for the club. We dont need any midfielders IMO, we're strong in that department. You have to worry though if Bent gets injured or 1 of our CB,s.

That's why it's ridiculous to get rid of Cueller, you need four centre backs.

As for Bent, well we still have Gabby, and arguably our best run of results came under MON when he was playing up front on his own.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Internazionale_Villa on Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:53 pm

Could also do with a LB IMO

Internazionale_Villa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:56 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:
Internazionale_Villa wrote:Saw Bent saying today that he thought we had good youth etc, also said Ireland was like a new signing for the club. We dont need any midfielders IMO, we're strong in that department. You have to worry though if Bent gets injured or 1 of our CB,s.

As for Bent, well we still have Gabby, and arguably our best run of results came under MON when he was playing up front on his own.

Big season for Gabby.. got to prove he is upto the task..

Think we could still do with another midfeilder like Parker.. Ireland is on last chance saloon.. so if he''s got anything about it he needs to prove it now..

Delph is a class act but can he stay fit all seasons.. Makoun also if he finds his feet will be a very good asset with his passing range..

We need enforcements in defence for sure.. a CB and a Full Back..
ADRIAN_1976

View user profile http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:26 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:Parker isn't worth the money, wants large wages just because the hammers overpay him, isn't as good as everyone makes out. I'd much rather see us go with Makoun or Petrov alongside Delph. Delph is a real talent, he has looked so much better then most of the CM at the club in the few appearences he has made between injuries, he could develop into a top player if he is actually played.

I'm not completely convinced by Makoun yet but he could be good. Petrov is past his best IMO, I think a MF of Petrov and Delph might easily be overwhelmed in the second half of games.
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:32 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:
roadoftrinity wrote:

Big season for Gabby.. got to prove he is upto the task..

Think we could still do with another midfeilder like Parker.. Ireland is on last chance saloon.. so if he''s got anything about it he needs to prove it now..

Delph is a class act but can he stay fit all seasons.. Makoun also if he finds his feet will be a very good asset with his passing range..

We need enforcements in defence for sure.. a CB and a Full Back..

We'll definitely get someone if Cuellar goes. Young and Warnock will be much more on it this year too.
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A on Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:16 pm

I think we'll do ok, we definitely need to bring in someone to replace Downing. N'Zogbia is the prime target.

----------Given
Young Collins Dunne Warnock
Albrighton Makoun Petrov Nzogbia
------------Ireland
----------Bent

subs
Guzan
Cuellar
Clark
Delph
Bannan
Gabby
Delfouneso

Still got Heskey too. Herd, Gary Gardner is still waiting to break into the first team as well.
Doesn't look too bad at all.
Jay.P.A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:53 pm

I agree with ROT that Delph could be a big player this season if he stays free of injury. I think he has the potential to be a very good player. Will still be surprised if only one more player is brought in

villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A on Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:59 pm

Might be a PR stunt or a tactic by AM, or the board. Huh Not sure what would be gained from that though.

scratch
Jay.P.A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:03 pm

Jay, if he came out and said he was buying 4 players and it didnt happen, he would get stick. Didnt see the interview, but got the impression from reading it he was hedging his bets so to speak. I dont expect many, probably two or three, but we need some experience to go with the undoubted talented youngsters
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Internazionale_Villa on Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:15 pm

We cant play Makoun and Petrov in the middle together, no pace at all. It has to be Delph with either of them. Hope Ireland gets given that chance to play just behind Bent, i think he'll have a good season then.

Internazionale_Villa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A on Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:21 pm

Internazionale_Villa wrote:We cant play Makoun and Petrov in the middle together, no pace at all. It has to be Delph with either of them. Hope Ireland gets given that chance to play just behind Bent, i think he'll have a good season then.

Lol Makoun aint slow mate.
Jay.P.A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Internazionale_Villa on Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:23 pm

He's not the type of player to run constantly for 90 mins though is he, and we all know how Petrov tires after the first half. Delph has more energy.

Internazionale_Villa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:25 pm

Jay.P.A wrote:
Internazionale_Villa wrote:We cant play Makoun and Petrov in the middle together, no pace at all. It has to be Delph with either of them. Hope Ireland gets given that chance to play just behind Bent, i think he'll have a good season then.

He isn't a box to box man either.For me a makoun/petrov central mid partnership is far too pedestrian.
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Internazionale_Villa on Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:38 pm

------------Given-------------

Young Dunne Collins Warnock

------ Delph Makoun

Albrighton Ireland Frog

------------ Bent

I reckon that'll be our starting 11 for the first game.

Internazionale_Villa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:40 pm

I think Gabby will play a part, didnt mcminge say in that meeting with fans that gabby was an important player and would be played upfront and not on the wing like GH did.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Internazionale_Villa on Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:49 pm

Dont know. I think we should get couple loan players in if we cant afford to buy any. I reckon we could get Anelka on loan and a CB from one of the top4.

Internazionale_Villa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:26 pm

If we don't get a new midfielder I think we'll play 5 with bent alone. There isn't a current midfield pair that won't struggle if we played Gabby upfront with Bent.

.............Petrov.............
Albrighton Makoun Delph ZdF
............Bent.................
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A on Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:27 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:I think Gabby will play a part, didnt mcminge say in that meeting with fans that gabby was an important player and would be played upfront and not on the wing like GH did.

Yup.

Reckon it'll be 442 at home, 451 away.
Jay.P.A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:30 pm

Internazionale_Villa wrote:------------Given-------------

Young Dunne Collins Warnock

------ Delph Makoun

Albrighton Ireland Frog

------------ Bent

I reckon that'll be our starting 11 for the first game.

Thats not a bad line up if Ireland comes to the party!

Defence needs adding thou.. Kyle Naughton linked with us.. would move Luke Young to LB.. wouldnt mind another CB..
ADRIAN_1976

View user profile http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A on Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:31 pm

QBVILLA wrote:
Jay.P.A wrote:

He isn't a box to box man either.For me a makoun/petrov central mid partnership is far too pedestrian.

Yeah, thats why I think Delph/Ireland will have a big role to play this season, because they'll be one of the 3 central midfielders alongside Petrov and Makoun.
Jay.P.A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:57 pm

Jay.P.A wrote:
Yeah, thats why I think Delph/Ireland will have a big role to play this season, because they'll be one of the 3 central midfielders alongside Petrov and Makoun.

From what we saw of Ireland last season, adding him to a midfield that is pedestrian isn't going to change much, hope I am wrong though.

Defence at the moment picks itself, no point getting Naughton on loan when we currently have 4 options for right back.

In front of that would have either

Albrighton....Petrov...Delph/Makoun.........New signing
....................Bent.......Gabby.....................................................

Or
..............Petrov....Delph/Makoun..............
.....................Ireland/Delph.......................
New signing....................................Gabby
...........................Bent...............................

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top