Financial side of the Club

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Financial side of the Club

Post  Internazionale_Villa on Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:59 am

I read this today:

Aston Villa manager Alex McLeish is keen to sign Spurs defender Alan Hutton, but must fund the move by selling defenders Habib Beye, Luke Young and Carlos Cuellar.
Full story: Daily Mirror

I know its in the gossip column but if it has any truth to it whatsoever then we deserve to know how our club is financially atm. We've just sold 36million worth of players, to have to sell 3 players to bring in 1 is a complete joke. We are light coverwise as it is.

Internazionale_Villa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Financial side of the Club

Post  QBVILLA on Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:34 am

"I know its in the gossip column"

I think this should be the most noticeable sentence.The Mirror are like Adrian, the more they speculate the more chance they have of claiming that they told us so.
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:42 am

Internazionale_Villa wrote:I read this today:

Aston Villa manager Alex McLeish is keen to sign Spurs defender Alan Hutton, but must fund the move by selling defenders Habib Beye, Luke Young and Carlos Cuellar.

I know its in the gossip column but if it has any truth to it whatsoever then we deserve to know how our club is financially atm. We've just sold 36million worth of players, to have to sell 3 players to bring in 1 is a complete joke. We are light coverwise as it is.

How do you work out we are light on cover for players to play right back when we have four players that can play right back. Beye, Young, Cueller and Lichaj. That's probably £130k a week. Makes perfect sense to off load the players you won't use when your wage bill is that high.

Where did the money go? Well our wage bill is huge, last season we sold Milner for £18 mill cash, however we signed Bent 24 mill, Makoun 6.5 mill. Defecit there of 12 mill.

So the sale of Young and Downing gives us 36 mill, minus 12, that's 24 mill. Take out loyalty bonus for Young, transfer fee for Given, N'Zog. Signing on fees, agents fees. There probably isn't much left.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Internazionale_Villa on Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:07 am

You dont agree that we're light on cover? Laughing

Say Cueller leaves, Dunne gets injured or even Dunne and Collins get injured, we're f*ckd

Albrighton/Nzogbia get injured, f*cked

Bent gets injured, we're f*cked

The lack of quality cover is frightening. You dont take over a club claiming to have a 5 year plan to get us into Europe by selling your best players every year and not having a decent squad on the whole. Yes we signed Bent, fantastic but you need quality cover because as you know the season is long and we're known to wobble for a couple months a season.

Internazionale_Villa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:19 am

Internazionale_Villa wrote:You dont agree that we're light on cover? Laughing

Your original post is about signing a right back, I say we aren't light on cover at right back and as the report says, we have to shift a couple of right backs before we sign one. Do you not agree or would you like 5 right backs for the season? Shit, imagine if all 5 get injured, we are fucked.

If we let Cueller go and don't replace him then we will be short for centre back, so I don't see that happening.

We could do with a back up winger after N'Zog.

If Bent gets injured we still have Gabby, who until last season scored around 14 Prem goals a season with out taking penalties. I we shift Heskey I would like another striker but can't see us shifting him.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:31 am

roadoftrinity wrote:
Internazionale_Villa wrote:You dont agree that we're light on cover? Laughing

Your original post is about signing a right back, I say we aren't light on cover at right back and as the report says, we have to shift a couple of right backs before we sign one. Do you not agree or would you like 5 right backs for the season? Shit, imagine if all 5 get injured, we are fucked.
If we let Cueller go and don't replace him then we will be short for centre back, so I don't see that happening.

We could do with a back up winger after N'Zog.

If Bent gets injured we still have Gabby, who until last season scored around 14 Prem goals a season with out taking penalties. I we shift Heskey I would like another striker but can't see us shifting him.

Very Happy
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Internazionale_Villa on Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:19 am

Internazionale_Villa wrote:I read this today:

I made a general statement that having to sell 3 players to fund the purchase of 1 is a joke when you've just sold your two best players for 36million. I didnt say 'We are light in the RB department', again i made a general statement that we are light coverwise, which we are.

Internazionale_Villa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:29 am

I don't believe the story but I do believe that there isn't a whole load of money available to AM. Getting rid of Downing and getting is Zog is a good bit of business IMO. Not sure what's happening with Carlos, I'd prefer he stayed but if he goes then we'll definitely get a replacement. If he wants Hutton its fair to assume he'll have to sell someone but I doubt all three mentioned. I'd still like to see a new CM but I very much doubt that now so we might not see all that much more happening. RL has pulled the plug on big funds, we won't be seeing the sort of money MON had again whilst RL is in charge hence AM as manager.
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A on Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:39 am

villainies wrote:I don't believe the story but I do believe that there isn't a whole load of money available to AM. Getting rid of Downing and getting is Zog is a good bit of business IMO. Not sure what's happening with Carlos, I'd prefer he stayed but if he goes then we'll definitely get a replacement. If he wants Hutton its fair to assume he'll have to sell someone but I doubt all three mentioned. I'd still like to see a new CM but I very much doubt that now so we might not see all that much more happening. RL has pulled the plug on big funds, we won't be seeing the sort of money MON had again whilst RL is in charge hence AM as manager.

I believe RL will spend big if needed.
Jay.P.A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:06 pm

Not that i'm privvy to the clubs accounts but if Zog the frog is getting the reported 5yr contract worth £60k a week then i don't think we're in dire straits.Yes the wage bill has been trimmed with the likes of Friedel,NRC,Carew, Young and Downing gone but Mr Lerner was on a mission to lower all costs then we wouldn't be in for the likes of Zog and Given.No need to worry.
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top