Gary Gardner

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Gary Gardner

Post  roadoftrinity on Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:11 pm

Jay.P.A wrote: scratch

You think it's a strange move?

I think it makes sense to send him on loan for a month.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:13 pm

Normally, I would agree with that ROT, but I just happen to think the time is right to give him a go in our first team. However, can understand the other side of the argument as well in that we have a tough set of games coming up and rather than throw him in at the deep end, letting him go to a lower division and give him a few games there to get match fit and used to the pace.
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:25 pm

villanfromluton wrote:Normally, I would agree with that ROT, but I just happen to think the time is right to give him a go in our first team. However, can understand the other side of the argument as well in that we have a tough set of games coming up and rather than throw him in at the deep end, letting him go to a lower division and give him a few games there to get match fit and used to the pace.

The problem is, Herd has done well and doesn't deserve to be dropped, Petrov is the captain, and has had a pretty good season and then I think Jenas will start this weekend as well. You certainly don't want Herd and Gardner as your midfield as it's to young.

Throw into that Bannan, Delph and Ireland, you can see why he has gone on loan. Basically, we need to find someone to take Ireland off us.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A on Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:04 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:
Jay.P.A wrote: scratch

You think it's a strange move?

I think it makes sense to send him on loan for a month.

Well at first I did, but we have a really, REALLY tough run of fixtures coming up. No need to put him in the team or the squad just yet, when we'll probably get rolled over week after week - the squad will probably be demoralised anyway, even if he is just in the squad. Originally thought, 'Wtf is AM doing', but now I think it'll be good for the lad, get him some first team experience, and then he can come back and hopefully have a part to play for us this season.

The consensus around the club is that Gardner is a tremendous talent, so hopefully he can take his chance when he gets it.
Jay.P.A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A on Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:11 pm

Our fixtures if anyone wants to see them:

Saturday, 3 December 2011
Aston Villa v Man Utd, 17:30

Saturday, 10 December 2011
Bolton v Aston Villa, 15:00

Sunday, 18 December 2011
Aston Villa v Liverpool, 14:05

Wednesday, 21 December 2011
Aston Villa v Arsenal, 19:45

Monday, 26 December 2011
Stoke v Aston Villa, 20:00

Saturday, 31 December 2011
Chelsea v Aston Villa, 15:00

Jay.P.A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton on Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:23 pm

7 points.

Tilton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:26 pm

Tilton wrote:7 points.

That more than I've seen most Villa fan predict from them games.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton on Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:45 pm

I can see you grinding out home draws against Man U and Arsenal, lose away at Chelsea and draw with the rest. Throw in a home win against Liverpool if they have an off day and there you go.

Easy.

Tilton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:47 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:Normally, I would agree with that ROT, but I just happen to think the time is right to give him a go in our first team. However, can understand the other side of the argument as well in that we have a tough set of games coming up and rather than throw him in at the deep end, letting him go to a lower division and give him a few games there to get match fit and used to the pace.

The problem is, Herd has done well and doesn't deserve to be dropped, Petrov is the captain, and has had a pretty good season and then I think Jenas will start this weekend as well. You certainly don't want Herd and Gardner as your midfield as it's to young.

Throw into that Bannan, Delph and Ireland, you can see why he has gone on loan. Basically, we need to find someone to take Ireland off us.

That aint going to happen regarding Ireland unfortunately. As for Gardner, while I think Herd has done well, I think Gardner could be a real special player.
villanfromluton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:56 pm

Gardener and Herd are different type of players.. Couldve done with maybe giving him 10/15 mins so he could get some prem experience.
ADRIAN_1976

View user profile http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A on Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:03 am

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Gardener and Herd are different type of players.. Couldve done with maybe giving him 10/15 mins so he could get some prem experience.

I think Herd is more of defensive player then Gardner, because Herd can also play anywhere across the defence as well as in central midfield, and Gardner is more of a complete midfielder. Both can do a job going foward as well as covering at the back.

Both are great on the ball, can shoot and can pick good passes.
Jay.P.A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:09 am

To be honest it pisses me off when we have a young player in the reserves who is playing well and fans start demanding he start in the first team and get annoyed if they don't or are sent out on loan, the difference in quality between the reserves/ England U21 and the premiership is massive, why put so much pressure on a kid to come into our midfield and save our season it's baffling. If he is the real article then I'd much rather see him go out on loan and get some first team football somewhere in a league of s decent standard, it will get him used to plying his trade infront of decent crowds in competative games without the pressure that would come with playing for villa, stop moaning like he is some kind of superstar he has a long way to go yet.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:50 am

I certainly have not said he is a special player, but it appears as if he has that potential. I see the benefits of him going out on loan, such as in the cases of Wilshere and Sturridge. The difference there is Arsenal and Chelsea could afford to do that, can we? However, it is only a month and not sure these would be the right games to bring him in anyway
villanfromluton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:58 am

Sinc we do not play him and he wouldn't replace who we have in the team now or on the bench then of course we can afford to loan him out

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:08 am

Start of the season, we all throught Delph was going to be brilliant for us, he didn't really set the world alight when he was in the team, but do you just drop him from the bench to bring Gardner in?

Personally, if a central midfielder gets injured, I would like to see Delph given another chance first, at least he has experience of playing 1st team football, both for Leeds and Villa. Plus there is Bannan who can play in the centre, he should be given another run as well if the opportunity arrises and hopefully he will be given more of a chance in an attacking role other than been told to sit behind Petrov.

Gardners time will definitely come, but I think he will probably end up doing another month or so onloan if we don't have any injuries to players in the centre of the park.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:35 am

Think he should spend the whole season on loan and get a good run of 20 odd games under his belt, will improve his game and we can get a idea on his actual potential, it's what we should have done with his shiter brother, I always said he would score a decent amount of goals at a shite club and he did at blues.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:59 pm

No one said start him.. but would've been nice to give him 10/15 minutes a couple of times to see if he looked out of place or not and then if needed sent him on loan.
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:41 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:No one said start him.. but would've been nice to give him 10/15 minutes a couple of times to see if he looked out of place or not and then if needed sent him on loan.

But who do you take off the bench. Ireland, Delph or Bannan?

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:49 pm

Ireland.

Lets face it.. he isnt going to do anything for us. Three managers we have had and all haven't used him.
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:06 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Ireland.

Lets face it.. he isnt going to do anything for us. Three managers we have had and all haven't used him.

Two managers, McDonald started him in every game Ireland was fit to play.

I agree, Ireland won't do anything, but I can understand why McLeish doesn't want to banish him from the team.

Back to Gardner, loan to Coventry will do him the world of good, with the games we have coming up, it's unlikely he is going to be brought onto the pitch in an easy situation so a run of games is the best thing for him.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:49 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:
ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Ireland.

Two managers, McDonald started him in every game Ireland was fit to play.

I agree, Ireland won't do anything, but I can understand why McLeish doesn't want to banish him from the team.

Back to Gardner, loan to Coventry will do him the world of good, with the games we have coming up, it's unlikely he is going to be brought onto the pitch in an easy situation so a run of games is the best thing for him.

We conceded six in one of those games.. so virtually under every manager in charge he has been shit.. plus the negative boring shite Mcminge is into its even harder to find a place for Ireland in the starting eleven..

Its cool to loan him out but it would've been nice to have given him some prem time.. some players adapt straight away..
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:44 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:

We conceded six in one of those games.. so virtually under every manager in charge he has been shit.. plus the negative boring shite Mcminge is into its even harder to find a place for Ireland in the starting eleven..

Its cool to loan him out but it would've been nice to have given him some prem time.. some players adapt straight away..

Well you said 3 managers hadn't used him, I agree he has been rubbish under 3 managers, I was just saying McDonald picked him.

So lets just agree that you were wrong.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:40 pm

The reason why McMinge doesn't banish Ireland is purely because he is a talented footballer.If he can get Ireland playing at his full potential he is IMO by some distance the most talented midfield player at the club.If he wasn't a headcase then City wouldn't have got shot of him.for the same reason that Collymore and Gascoigne kept getting chances, every manager has the arrogance (or at least should have the arrogance) to believe they can get the best out of an individual. Anyhow as for Gardner.........
At Coventry he'll get 5 or 6 games playing in front of 15-20k.It's a major step up from reserve football and he'll have our coaching staff monitoring his game.I believe that by loaning him out it is a clear indication that McMinge is considering him for first team duty and this will be the final step before getting his opportunity in the Villa side.Let's face it it's a lot easier to blood a youngster in a good side.At this moment in time Villa are not a good side and by throwing Gardner into the first team without the experience he'll get at Coventry could set him back.Last season we were all getting excited by Albrighton, but i think it's fair to say he's gone backwards this season.Anyone who's stood/sat on the Holte know that our fans aren't the most patient and with the run of games we;'ve got coming up we're looking at getting a few beatings.I haven't agreed with a lot of McMinge's decisions thus far but i'm backing him on this one.

NB: Should Gardner get injured whilst on loan at Coventry i'd like to say McMinge is a fuckwit.
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top