Good to see

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Good to see

Post  Guest on Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:04 pm

QBVILLA wrote:
ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Leicester have brought in a lot of players.. i don't know how Sven does it but he always manages to get money of his Chairman..

Blues could finish anywhere.. there's always a surprise team that does well and Houghton has already sampled a promotion from that division..

Well Sven only goes where he has a say on who is chairman so that answers that one.

My top 6 as it stands now:

Leicester
West Ham

Forest
Ipswich
Southampton
Cardiff

Not sure about Cardiff. In the shit financially and selling off their best players.

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer on Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:44 pm

FrenchSpur wrote:
Tilton wrote:I think I said recently that if Hughton gets us promoted that it would rate as one of the best managerial achievements of modern times.

Like you, I'm expecting mid-table but hoping for a place in the play offs. Our squad is very low on numbers though so injuries will play a big part in how we do over the season.

There's some strong teams in the Championship this year so it's going to be tough for us.

I know we joke about the situation with respect to Carson Yeung. But I do think this is going to have more ramifications to your club than I think a lot of people realise.

As his assets are frozen you are going to be having troubles with cash flow unless someone steps up and helps out. The problem is I doubt many would do that as the HK authorities have first dibs on the club as an asset.

He's not the sole owner (30% or thereabouts). And I think that if he was tried and found guilty, the UK Government would have first dibs as his assets are the proceeds of crime. And the club can't be asset stripped, it's against all sorts of regulations.
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur on Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:30 pm

Bedshammer wrote:
FrenchSpur wrote:
Tilton wrote:I think I said recently that if Hughton gets us promoted that it would rate as one of the best managerial achievements of modern times.

Like you, I'm expecting mid-table but hoping for a place in the play offs. Our squad is very low on numbers though so injuries will play a big part in how we do over the season.

There's some strong teams in the Championship this year so it's going to be tough for us.

I know we joke about the situation with respect to Carson Yeung. But I do think this is going to have more ramifications to your club than I think a lot of people realise.

As his assets are frozen you are going to be having troubles with cash flow unless someone steps up and helps out. The problem is I doubt many would do that as the HK authorities have first dibs on the club as an asset.

He's not the sole owner (30% or thereabouts). And I think that if he was tried and found guilty, the UK Government would have first dibs as his assets are the proceeds of crime. And the club can't be asset stripped, it's against all sorts of regulations.

NO the HK govt would have first dibs on his assets. They have after all frozen them. They could seize the shares and knock them out at what ever price they feel is fair and that would debase the other shareholders too.

FrenchSpur

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top