General Krulak

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

General Krulak

Post  Internazionale_Villa on Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:06 am

Been reading his thread on VillaTalk, he reckons we will finish 5th-9th with our current squad. You reckon hes on coke or heroin?

Internazionale_Villa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: General Krulak

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:44 am

Didn't he say 4th to begin with and then changed it after he got a slagging, I'm surprised he is still posting on there tbh after the slagging he has taken over the appointment of Mcminge.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Internazionale_Villa on Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:05 am

aye he gets alot of stick on that thread lol. i agree with some of his points regarding we shouldnt forget what Lerner has done for us thats fair enough, but its where he will take us from here and in the future.

Internazionale_Villa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:42 am

I would expect us to finish between 7th and 10th. 7th is about as high as I would expect us to finish even if Lerner chucked in another 30 million and we had Moyes as manager.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:46 am

Actually, maybe with that extra money we might just manage to get 6th.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:47 am

A question for anyone who thinks we will finish below 8th.........

Who do you think will finish above us?

IMO Man U,Man C,Liverpool,Arsenal,Chelsea and Spurs will make up the top 6.After that Everton are on a par with us.If we finish lower than anyone else then the squad have under achieved.7th or 8th for me, no higher and no lower.
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:54 am

Depends on injuries really.. If two of Bent N Zog Albrighton get injured we could be screwed.. putting a lot of pressure on Albrighton this season.. lets hope he shines thru..

Still very worried about our CM.. no proper ball winner in there and no play maker unless Ireland steps up to the plate..
ADRIAN_1976

View user profile http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:59 am

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Depends on injuries really.. If two of Bent N Zog Albrighton get injured we could be screwed.. putting a lot of pressure on Albrighton this season.. lets hope he shines thru..

Still very worried about our CM.. no proper ball winner in there and no play maker unless Ireland steps up to the plate..

That applies to pretty much EVERY team in the division.As we proved during MoN's reign when we had our best 11 on the pitch we were capable of beating anyone in the division.The reason the top 4 were so long established is that they had the finances to be able to build a stronger squad to cover for injuries and suspension.Now Man City have come along with their wealth it's a a top 5.Spurs,Everton and Villa all have a cycle where they have a go at pushing fora CL place every 3 or 4 years before losing their best or in our case four best players to those teams above us.That's just the way it is.
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Internazionale_Villa on Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:04 am

I see Sunderland and Stoke possibly finishing above us.

Internazionale_Villa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:05 am

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Depends on injuries really.. If two of Bent N Zog Albrighton get injured we could be screwed.. putting a lot of pressure on Albrighton this season.. lets hope he shines thru..

If Rooney and Hernadez get injured for Man U, if Surez and Caroll get injured for Liverpool, if VDV and Bale get injured for Spurs, all would be pretty screwed. It's what happens when you main players get injured.

At least if Bent did get injured, when Gabby has played up front all season he gets around 14 Prem goals and doesn't take penalties. Not bad back up.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:11 am

Internazionale_Villa wrote:I see Sunderland and Stoke possibly finishing above us.

I'm surprised you haven't listed all 19 teams to finish above us.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:15 am

QBVILLA wrote:

That applies to pretty much EVERY team in the division.As we proved during MoN's reign when we had our best 11 on the pitch we were capable of beating anyone in the division.The reason the top 4 were so long established is that they had the finances to be able to build a stronger squad to cover for injuries and suspension.Now Man City have come along with their wealth it's a a top 5.Spurs,Everton and Villa all have a cycle where they have a go at pushing fora CL place every 3 or 4 years before losing their best or in our case four best players to those teams above us.That's just the way it is.

Yes it does apply to every other team but im on about our team.. we are very thin with back up players.. we dont have a winger to come in or a goal poacher and relying heavily on a young lad to do the business week in week out with two of our best wingers gone.. we dont have adequate cover in the squad at all for injuries.. hopefully we dont get injuries or it will be worryign times..
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:17 am

roadoftrinity wrote:

If Rooney and Hernadez get injured for Man U, if Surez and Caroll get injured for Liverpool, if VDV and Bale get injured for Spurs, all would be pretty screwed. It's what happens when you main players get injured.

At least if Bent did get injured, when Gabby has played up front all season he gets around 14 Prem goals and doesn't take penalties. Not bad back up.

If Rooney and Henrandez get injured they can bring in Berbatov and Owen.. Liverpool will be in trouble if the mentioned two get injured but them along with Spurs will bring in better cover..

If you are actually blinded by the fact that if N zog/Albrighton and Bent get injured that we arent in deeeep shite and want to start comparing us to United Spuds and co then fine Very Happy
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  Internazionale_Villa on Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:18 am

roadoftrinity wrote:
Internazionale_Villa wrote:I see Sunderland and Stoke possibly finishing above us.

I'm surprised you haven't listed all 19 teams to finish above us.

That would be almost as silly as your post.

Internazionale_Villa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:35 am

Player for player which ones would you swap from our squad for their's?
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:37 am

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:

If Rooney and Henrandez get injured they can bring in Berbatov and Owen.. Liverpool will be in trouble if the mentioned two get injured but them along with Spurs will bring in better cover..

If you are actually blinded by the fact that if N zog/Albrighton and Bent get injured that we arent in deeeep shite and want to start comparing us to United Spuds and co then fine Very Happy

Berbatov won't be there come the end of the transfer window.

I still don't think we will be in deep shit, we might struggle to get 7th/8th, but I would still think it would be a massive failing of the players and manager if we finished in say the bottom 6 with the players we have left. With them two then do you think Norwich, Wigan, QPR etc are better than us?

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:44 am

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:
roadoftrinity wrote:

Any team that loses their main goalscorer would struggle.However as proved in January if we were struggling with a loss of players then Lerner will splash the cash.The squad is a lot stronger than you're giving it credit for.The likes of Clark,Albrighton,Bannan,Hogg,Delfouneso,Baker,Lichaj ,Herd and Weimann have all now got first team experience as well as the experienced players we have in back up.
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:47 am

QBVILLA wrote:
ADRIAN_1976 wrote:
roadoftrinity wrote:

Any team that loses their main goalscorer would struggle.However as proved in January if we were struggling with a loss of players then Lerner will splash the cash.The squad is a lot stronger than you're giving it credit for.The likes of Clark,Albrighton,Bannan,Hogg,Delfouneso,Baker,Lichaj ,Herd and Weimann have all now got first team experience as well as the experienced players we have in back up.

Just dont want us to over rely on the kids to dig us out.. i guess what it boils down to is that we all know we wont finish top 6 and most likely wont get relegated.. our hope of any success is the cups and lets hope the main attackingthree stay fit and Ireland decided to play some football..
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:50 am

roadoftrinity wrote:
ADRIAN_1976 wrote:

I still don't think we will be in deep shit, we might struggle to get 7th/8th, but I would still think it would be a massive failing of the players and manager if we finished in say the bottom 6 with the players we have left. With them two then do you think Norwich, Wigan, QPR etc are better than us?

No of course not.. but i def don't want us to be comparing ourselves to the likes of Norwich QPR and co.. our ful strength team is very decent.. maybe missing a CM.. but its a long season and injuries do happen.. would like us fighting for 6/7/8 then struggling around 12/13/14..

Plus if we can keep our starting eleven fit then with the luck of the draw we could get another Wembley trip out of it..
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  Internazionale_Villa on Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:52 am

From Stoke

Bergovic/Guzan

Shawcross/Dunne

Kenwyne Jones/Heskey

From Sunderland

Oshea/Beye

Gyan/Delfounso

Internazionale_Villa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:52 am

From pre season we lack creativity, Nzog might go some way to fixing that I hope but we can't rely on him for every assist. I know it was a pretty much reserve side against Derby but we had Bent up front and Albrighton on the wing, Bannan on the other and Makoun and Ireland in midfield and I don't think we forced their keeper into a single save the whole match, albrighton has looked poor, Bannan looked by far the best midfielder out there but he lacks experience and his decision making was a bit strange when in some good positions. I think we will be much stronger at the back but midfield does worry me.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:53 am

Internazionale_Villa wrote:From Stoke

Bergovic/Guzan

Shawcross/Dunne

Kenwyne Jones/Heskey

From Sunderland

Oshea/Beye

Gyan/Delfounso

So you would swap only players outside the first 11 with the exception of Dunne, that doesn't suggest that their team is better equipped to finish above us.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:54 am

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:
roadoftrinity wrote:
ADRIAN_1976 wrote:

No of course not.. but i def don't want us to be comparing ourselves to the likes of Norwich QPR and co.. our ful strength team is very decent.. maybe missing a CM.. but its a long season and injuries do happen.. would like us fighting for 6/7/8 then struggling around 12/13/14..

Plus if we can keep our starting eleven fit then with the luck of the draw we could get another Wembley trip out of it..

Central midfielders:
Petrov
Makoun
Delph
Ireland
Hogg
Herd
Clark (Yes i know he's a centre half but he can do a decent job in there)
Gardner

Ok it isn't going to get top 4, but i'd argue outside of the top 6 and Everton there isn't a stronger midfield pool at another Prem side.
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:55 am

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:From pre season we lack creativity, Nzog might go some way to fixing that I hope but we can't rely on him for every assist. I know it was a pretty much reserve side against Derby but we had Bent up front and Albrighton on the wing, Bannan on the other and Makoun and Ireland in midfield and I don't think we forced their keeper into a single save the whole match, albrighton has looked poor, Bannan looked by far the best midfielder out there but he lacks experience and his decision making was a bit strange when in some good positions. I think we will be much stronger at the back but midfield does worry me.

From CM its been our problem since Merson left and we have never addressed it.. thats a worrying factor..

ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  Internazionale_Villa on Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:57 am

QBVILLA wrote:

Player for player which ones would you swap from our squad for their's?

Read the question.

Internazionale_Villa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top