Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: General Krulak

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:57 am

QBVILLA wrote:
ADRIAN_1976 wrote:
roadoftrinity wrote:
ADRIAN_1976 wrote:

If Rooney and Henrandez get injured they can bring in Berbatov and Owen.. Liverpool will be in trouble if the mentioned two get injured but them along with Spurs will bring in better cover..

If you are actually blinded by the fact that if N zog/Albrighton and Bent get injured that we arent in deeeep shite and want to start comparing us to United Spuds and co then fine Very Happy

Berbatov won't be there come the end of the transfer window.

I still don't think we will be in deep shit, we might struggle to get 7th/8th, but I would still think it would be a massive failing of the players and manager if we finished in say the bottom 6 with the players we have left. With them two then do you think Norwich, Wigan, QPR etc are better than us?

No of course not.. but i def don't want us to be comparing ourselves to the likes of Norwich QPR and co.. our ful strength team is very decent.. maybe missing a CM.. but its a long season and injuries do happen.. would like us fighting for 6/7/8 then struggling around 12/13/14..

Plus if we can keep our starting eleven fit then with the luck of the draw we could get another Wembley trip out of it..

Central midfielders:
Petrov
Makoun
Delph
Ireland
Hogg
Herd
Clark (Yes i know he's a centre half but he can do a decent job in there)
Gardner

Ok it isn't going to get top 4, but i'd argue outside of the top 6 and Everton there isn't a stronger midfield pool at another Prem side.

QB.. what i would say about that lot is that there much the same.. there isn't a proper ball winner and not a proper creative spark.. it all comes form the wings normally.. how many of them are we banking on scoring more then 5 prem goals all season?

Clark i think can do a good job in midfield and Gardener has a lot of potential.. but from what been seen in pre season and over the last couple of seasons.. CM is a problem for us..
ADRIAN_1976

View user profile http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:58 am

Internazionale_Villa wrote:From Stoke

Bergovic/Guzan

Shawcross/Dunne

Kenwyne Jones/Heskey

From Sunderland

Oshea/Beye

Gyan/Delfounso

Is that it? You're looking at swapping Stoke's first choice keeper for our reserve 'keeper.Their top striker for Heskey, a striker in many Villa fans opinion is 3rd behind Bent and Gabby.The only one you've picked there is Shawcross, a fair choice.As for the Sunderland picks you've gone for two of their first teamers to replace two of our reserves which basically backs up my original point.
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:00 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:
ADRIAN_1976 wrote:
roadoftrinity wrote:
ADRIAN_1976 wrote:

If Rooney and Henrandez get injured they can bring in Berbatov and Owen.. Liverpool will be in trouble if the mentioned two get injured but them along with Spurs will bring in better cover..

If you are actually blinded by the fact that if N zog/Albrighton and Bent get injured that we arent in deeeep shite and want to start comparing us to United Spuds and co then fine Very Happy

I still don't think we will be in deep shit, we might struggle to get 7th/8th, but I would still think it would be a massive failing of the players and manager if we finished in say the bottom 6 with the players we have left. With them two then do you think Norwich, Wigan, QPR etc are better than us?

No of course not.. but i def don't want us to be comparing ourselves to the likes of Norwich QPR and co.. our ful strength team is very decent.. maybe missing a CM.. but its a long season and injuries do happen.. would like us fighting for 6/7/8 then struggling around 12/13/14..

Plus if we can keep our starting eleven fit then with the luck of the draw we could get another Wembley trip out of it..

Central midfielders:
Petrov
Makoun
Delph
Ireland
Hogg
Herd
Gardner

Ok it isn't going to get top 4, but i'd argue outside of the top 6 and Everton there isn't a stronger midfield pool at another Prem side.

QB.. what i would say about that lot is that there much the same.. there isn't a proper ball winner and not a proper creative spark.. it all comes form the wings normally.. how many of them are we banking on scoring more then 5 prem goals all season?

Clark i think can do a good job in midfield and Gardener has a lot of potential.. but from what been seen in pre season and over the last couple of seasons.. CM is a problem for us..

You're missing the point mate.I agree that we aren't going to get top 4 with that squad, not even top 6 but to suggest those players aren't capable of finishing 7th or 8th at least is doing them a disservice.
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:01 pm

What im trying to get at is that IF we could get a few more players in.. cover for the wings a CM another defender then i think we are in a good position to finish 7th or 8th.. maybe even over achieve..

Personally i still think ( or maybe just living in hope ) that we will get at least two more players in.. maybe on loan..

Can see Man City letting players go out on loan..

Plus we had a link to Hleb the other day.. he was injured and shite for Blues as far as i can remember..
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:02 pm

QBVILLA wrote:
ADRIAN_1976 wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:
ADRIAN_1976 wrote:
roadoftrinity wrote:
ADRIAN_1976 wrote:

Central midfielders:
Petrov
Makoun
Delph
Ireland
Hogg
Herd
Gardner

You're missing the point mate.I agree that we aren't going to get top 4 with that squad, not even top 6 but to suggest those players aren't capable of finishing 7th or 8th at least is doing them a disservice.

No i think we can finish 7th/8th for sure.. the rest of the Prem is pretty much shite.. but just worried a couple of injuries to key players and we might be 13/14th come Jan.. just would be more comfortable if we brought in 2/3 more players for cover etc..
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:05 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:What im trying to get at is that IF we could get a few more players in.. cover for the wings a CM another defender then i think we are in a good position to finish 7th or 8th.. maybe even over achieve..

Personally i still think ( or maybe just living in hope ) that we will get at least two more players in.. maybe on loan..

Can see Man City letting players go out on loan..

Plus we had a link to Hleb the other day.. he was injured and shite for Blues as far as i can remember..

If we spent £50m we'd be more competitive and might push Liverpool and Spurs, though if you put that to a neutrel i'd guess they'd still have them finishing above us.I think it'll take time but eventually people will actually realise that by getting us to even compete with the Sky 4 what a fine job O'Neill did with us.Sixth is the ceiling for Villa in the premier league era.
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:07 pm

Another key thing is that the Europa league is sooo shite.. don't know what Platini and co are playing at with that competition.. IF the winners got a Champ Lge place and you got good money for reaching quarters/semis/final etc then it gives Chairman like Lerner incentive to invest money in new players.. right now Lerner knows if he throws 30M at us we might get 5/6th at best and that's the Europa league which no one wants to watch until the final!
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:08 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:
ADRIAN_1976 wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:
ADRIAN_1976 wrote:
roadoftrinity wrote:
ADRIAN_1976 wrote:

Central midfielders:
Petrov
Makoun
Delph
Ireland
Hogg
Herd
Gardner

No i think we can finish 7th/8th for sure.. the rest of the Prem is pretty much shite.. but just worried a couple of injuries to key players and we might be 13/14th come Jan.. just would be more comfortable if we brought in 2/3 more players for cover etc..

Look at how the division went last season.With two games to go we were in danger of relegation yet finished 9th.I predict that come the end of the season we'll be 8th on around 53 points, roughly 15pts clear of relegation and 15 pts adrift of 4th spot.
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:14 pm

QBVILLA wrote:
ADRIAN_1976 wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:
ADRIAN_1976 wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:
ADRIAN_1976 wrote:
roadoftrinity wrote:
ADRIAN_1976 wrote:

Central midfielders:
Petrov
Makoun
Delph
Ireland
Hogg
Herd
Gardner

Look at how the division went last season.With two games to go we were in danger of relegation yet finished 9th.I predict that come the end of the season we'll be 8th on around 53 points, roughly 15pts clear of relegation and 15 pts adrift of 4th spot.

Who do you think you are.. Alex Ferguson with your predictions Very Happy
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:28 pm

That's what forums are for, making predictions and in your case, talking utter bollocks Very Happy
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:34 pm

QBVILLA wrote:That's what forums are for, making predictions and in your case, talking utter bollocks Very Happy

True i was the only one that said you worked hard over your kitchen and deserved to put the pics on FB Rolling Eyes
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  Internazionale_Villa on Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:36 pm

Big difference on opinions here about how we think we'll do. We'll just have to wait and see, im looking forward to going to the Newcastle game at home and hopefully Q.P.R away when i get back. Havn't been to a game in such a long time. Heres to a good season Very Happy

Internazionale_Villa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:13 pm

Internazionale_Villa wrote:Big difference on opinions here about how we think we'll do. We'll just have to wait and see, im looking forward to going to the Newcastle game at home and hopefully Q.P.R away when i get back. Havn't been to a game in such a long time. Heres to a good season Very Happy

Shocked
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:50 pm

Internazionale_Villa wrote:Big difference on opinions here about how we think we'll do. We'll just have to wait and see, im looking forward to going to the Newcastle game at home and hopefully Q.P.R away when i get back. Havn't been to a game in such a long time. Heres to a good season Very Happy

True, but I would still say the general thought is that should finish 7/8th.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Internazionale_Villa on Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:06 pm

QBVILLA wrote:

Shocked

Obviously i HOPE we have a good season.

Internazionale_Villa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:20 pm

I'm going for 10th. Central midfield isn't strong enough.
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A on Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:37 pm

No doubt we'll be aiming for an ambitious 7/8th.
Jay.P.A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:31 pm

villainies wrote:I'm going for 10th. Central midfield isn't strong enough.

I do agree that our central midfield could be improved on, but who outside the top 6 has a stronger central midfield?

Everton possibly.

But after that you have Fulham, Stoke, Sunderland etc. Which of them have a central midfield you would prefer?

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:56 pm

Everton, Fulham, Sunderland and Stoke won't get bullied in the middle. I think we might do plus we had a stronger midfield last year and came 9th. I would see 8th as a miracle.
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:19 pm

villainies wrote:Everton, Fulham, Sunderland and Stoke won't get bullied in the middle. I think we might do plus we had a stronger midfield last year and came 9th. I would see 8th as a miracle.

Murphy and Sidwell. Fighters.

I don't often remember Villa been bullied in games, off the pace and lacking creativity I could understand but bullied, I'm not sure on that.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:54 pm

I still think Clark could do a good job in the central midfield holding role. Am hoping to see more of Gardner and Delph especially. Will be interesting to see how Makoun goes on as well. I agree totally with QB that we should really be challenging for 7th.
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:45 pm

QBVILLA wrote:A question for anyone who thinks we will finish below 8th.........

Who do you think will finish above us?

IMO Man U,Man C,Liverpool,Arsenal,Chelsea and Spurs will make up the top 6.After that Everton are on a par with us.If we finish lower than anyone else then the squad have under achieved.7th or 8th for me, no higher and no lower.

Been doing some trawling. This is a beauty.
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:22 pm

Internazionale_Villa wrote:Been reading his thread on VillaTalk, he reckons we will finish 5th-9th with our current squad. You reckon hes on coke or heroin?

Beds

Inter i think he's on a mixture of both!
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:24 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:
ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Depends on injuries really.. If two of Bent N Zog Albrighton get injured we could be screwed.. putting a lot of pressure on Albrighton this season.. lets hope he shines thru..

Still very worried about our CM.. no proper ball winner in there and no play maker unless Ireland steps up to the plate..

If Rooney and Hernadez get injured for Man U, if Surez and Caroll get injured for Liverpool, if VDV and Bale get injured for Spurs, all would be pretty screwed. It's what happens when you main players get injured.

At least if Bent did get injured, when Gabby has played up front all season he gets around 14 Prem goals and doesn't take penalties. Not bad back up.

Very Happy
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:24 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:
Internazionale_Villa wrote:I see Sunderland and Stoke possibly finishing above us.

I'm surprised you haven't listed all 19 teams to finish above us.

Inter seems to have been bullied for no reason.. Very Happy
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top