Fulham

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Fulham

Post  QBVILLA on Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:45 am

Watched the game at the pub yesterday.First off the positives.Defensively we looked good,Dunne and Collins in particular and in Given we've got one of the very best 'keepers in the division.A point at Fulham,who are a few weeks ahead of us in terms of match fitness is a good point.
Anyway that's a bout it.For the last 20 mins it was like watching a testimonial, an instantly forgettable game.
The pub was also showing the Blackburn v Wolves game which was more entertaining.With both of their main centre halves out we really should be getting a convincing victory next week.
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:33 am

Bedshammer wrote:AVFC, did you see the Michael Jackson statue? What's it like?

I didn't Beds, we went to the pubs before the game and then went straight in the stadium for another pint, I don't really look around stadiums and had forgot about the statue .

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:39 am

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:
Bedshammer wrote:AVFC, did you see the Michael Jackson statue? What's it like?

I didn't Beds, we went to the pubs before the game and then went straight in the stadium for another pint, I don't really look around stadiums and had forgot about the statue .

So you missed Villainies laying a wreath whilst wiping a tear from his eye.The fecking ponce
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer on Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:46 am

Very Happy

Craven Cottage is a nice ground, isn't it? A bit unique, if overpriced.
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:25 pm

Had a great day out. Started drinking at about 10am and finished about 5am. Feeling a little bit delicate today.

As for the game, pretty dull, thought we looked good first half, hopefully the creativity will come from Delph and N'Zogbia the more they play.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:00 pm

Dream team on Premierleague site says that Given is doubtful for next week with a Groin Injury Shocked

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:39 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:Dream team on Premierleague site says that Given is doubtful for next week with a Groin Injury Shocked

I would have thought you would have stop bothering with the dream team considering how bad you have done on it the past few years.

Anyway, McLeish said that Given should be fine for the weekend, Collins started taking the goal kicks near the end of the game as Given's groin was playing up then.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:59 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:
Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:Dream team on Premierleague site says that Given is doubtful for next week with a Groin Injury Shocked

I would have thought you would have stop bothering with the dream team considering how bad you have done on it the past few years.

Anyway, McLeish said that Given should be fine for the weekend, Collins started taking the goal kicks near the end of the game as Given's groin was playing up then.

I only had a bad year last season. I was 2nd the season before that, suppose you was top as your playing mr big bollocks Tosspot

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:05 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:
I only had a bad year last season. I was 2nd the season before that, suppose you was top as your playing mr big bollocks Tosspot

I think so yeah, in fact, I just had a look, and you did get more points that me in 2007/2008. It will give you something to aim for this year. bounce bounce

Avfc_4eva_Sotc

2006/07 1845
2007/08 2174
2008/09 1835
2009/10 2165
2010/11 1735

Trinity FC
2006/07 1860
2007/08 2129
2008/09 1897
2009/10 2179
2010/11 1967

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:10 pm

It was close on 07 and 10 as well. But ok 1 win for me Laughing

The league I'm mainly interested in winning is my work league that I have won twice before but not for the last two seasons. The winner gets £10 of each of the other players.

And I'm quite happy with my team selection this year Cool

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:14 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:It was close on 07 and 10 as well. But ok 1 win for me Laughing

The league I'm mainly interested in winning is my work league that I have won twice before but not for the last two seasons. The winner gets £10 of each of the other players.

And I'm quite happy with my team selection this year Cool

Yeah, I'm in a work league, I won it 2 years running, then last year we did it for money, I came 3rd so I didn't win any cash. There are 20 in it this year and everyone has paid £20 so decent prizes to be won.

I struggled this year to get a team I was happy with, especially with the midfield.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:19 pm

Always hard to resist the temptation to change it all round after the first few games as well, some players prices are really high for no reason. Annoyed as well as I started off with Woodgate in my defence thinking I had made a sneaky choice as he was a forgotten man and was well cheap at £4.5m, but then I looked at thier pre-season friendlies and he didn't seem to be playing so I swapped him for Shawcross, who was only .5m more but then Woodgate played the full match this weekend, so could have saved a precious half a mil to spend elsewhere, also started of with suerez before changing him, and Ashley Young who I swapped for Nani last minute. I still think Nani will get the most points over all, but Young will do well.

Few changes that I want to make which i will do 1 at a time over a couple of game weeks, mistake I made last year was to many changes and spent to many points on them and then despite doing well for the rest of the year I never made up the gap with the front runners at work.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:23 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:Always hard to resist the temptation to change it all round after the first few games as well, some players prices are really high for no reason. Annoyed as well as I started off with Woodgate in my defence thinking I had made a sneaky choice as he was a forgotten man and was well cheap at £4.5m, but then I looked at thier pre-season friendlies and he didn't seem to be playing so I swapped him for Shawcross, who was only .5m more but then Woodgate played the full match this weekend, so could have saved a precious half a mil to spend elsewhere, also started of with suerez before changing him, and Ashley Young who I swapped for Nani last minute. I still think Nani will get the most points over all, but Young will do well.

Few changes that I want to make which i will do 1 at a time over a couple of game weeks, mistake I made last year was to many changes and spent to many points on them and then despite doing well for the rest of the year I never made up the gap with the front runners at work.

Yes, I didn't bother with Suerez as thought he would be playing. I think that Nani will score more goals that Young so he has a good chance of getting more points.

Making changes to early is always the problem, especially when you take a play out who then goes and scores a few goals. I'm just stick with my team for the first month and see how I get on.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:26 pm

Sods law for me is Iill always transfer a player right before they get a hatrick Mad

Saurez only got 4 points this week despite scoring due to his penalty miss, thing with forwards is they don't get many points even if they score well so they aren't worth the money, midfield is where the points are. Once I have made the couple of changes that I want, I'll be leaving it atleast a few months. Mate at work has already used his wildcard Very Happy idiot.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ringo on Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:38 pm

it seems to me that ROT also has been more consistent in the prediction league too.
Ringo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:39 pm

Thought you was staying off this board until we drop out of the top 10 Suspect

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ringo on Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:40 pm

You are close enough!
Ringo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:44 pm

Ringo wrote:You are close enough!

But we aren't out the top 10 are we, so piss off and stick to your agreement... Wave

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:52 pm

It won't be long before you can come on here anyway with Mcminge in charge so why break the agreement early.

As for the dream team league, you should have a go, message ROT or someone and they might be able to give you the league details, ROT has done better then me but I'm still pretty consistant finishing in the top 10% of players every year apart from last, finished in the top 1% the one year, and out of 2.5 million players thats pretty good going.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:05 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:It won't be long before you can come on here anyway with Mcminge in charge so why break the agreement early.

As for the dream team league, you should have a go, message ROT or someone and they might be able to give you the league details.

No idea who set the league up, but I don't have the details for how to join. It just puts me back in it automatically every year.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:06 pm

me to, think Jay might have set it up.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A on Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:32 pm

Wasn't me mate, at least, I don't think so Shocked

It's good though, new layout and all that. Only shit thing was that the website was down for most of friday and saturday - luckily I done my team on Thursday night!

Jay.P.A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:04 pm

What's the code to enter it..
ADRIAN_1976

View user profile http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:06 pm

nobody knows Shocked