Blues In Europe

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Blues In Europe

Post  Tilton on Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:29 pm

Our first venture into competitive European football since the now infamous Anglo-Italian Cup.

First leg of the play-off tie to qualify for the group stages of the UEFA Europa League, away against Nacional in Madeira tonight.

We've still got 3 out of the 4 strikers at the club out injured so we're relying on Rooooooooooney and the young lad Wood (with us on a short term loan) to try and nick us a goal.

Nacional are apparently a decent team and a draw tonight would be a great result for us.

We'll lose though.

CD Nacional 2 - 0 Blues In Europe

Tilton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Blues In Europe

Post  villainies on Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:35 pm

Beds do me a favour
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:17 pm

Tilton wrote:Our first venture into competitive European football since the now infamous Anglo-Italian Cup.

First leg of the play-off tie to qualify for the group stages of the UEFA Europa League, away against Nacional in Madeira tonight.

We've still got 3 out of the 4 strikers at the club out injured so we're relying on Rooooooooooney and the young lad Wood (with us on a short term loan) to try and nick us a goal.

Nacional are apparently a decent team and a draw tonight would be a great result for us.

We'll lose though.

Draw would be a decent result with the forward line that you have fit.

To be fair, if you get knocked out, it wouldn't be the worst thing for you. With your squad size, playing the extra 6 group games it gives you, you will have a backlog of games and surely hinder your chances in the Championship.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ringo on Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:27 pm

What chances?
Ringo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton on Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:36 pm

villainies wrote: Beds do me a favour

What? You reckon we'll win?

Tilton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:39 pm

Tilton wrote:

I thought it was a gag Tilts. bounce
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton on Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:37 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:
Tilton wrote:Our first venture into competitive European football since the now infamous Anglo-Italian Cup.

We'll lose though.

To be fair, if you get knocked out, it wouldn't be the worst thing for you. With your squad size, playing the extra 6 group games it gives you, you will have a backlog of games and surely hinder your chances in the Championship.

Feck the Championship.

I don't think we'll get relegated this season and if we get promoted to the Premiership again great, but I won't be massively bothered if we don't.

I want European glory instead.

Tilton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:41 pm

Tilton wrote:
roadoftrinity wrote:

We'll lose though.

Feck the Championship.

I don't think we'll get relegated this season and if we get promoted to the Premiership again great, but I won't be massively bothered if we don't.

I want European glory instead.

Very Happy Laughing bounce Basketball cheers Pick nose Beds Guitar Clap Banjo Spin Bedsy

You're killing me today Tilts.
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton on Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:41 pm

villainies wrote:
Tilton wrote:

Gag on this, motherfucker Moon

Tilton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:38 pm

Tilton wrote:
villainies wrote:
Tilton wrote:

Gag on this, motherfucker Moon

i'd rather not thanks Tilts.
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:07 pm

Tilton I thought you said a ticket would be impossible to get, 80% empty seats amongst the few Bham city fans there Very Happy

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:20 am

Good result though
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton on Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:33 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:Tilton I thought you said a ticket would be impossible to get, 80% empty seats amongst the few Bham city fans there Very Happy

That's a poor effort AVFC.

Try again.

Tilton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton on Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:42 pm

QBVILLA wrote:Good result though

As far as 0 - 0 results go it was great, but we should have won.

We hit the woodwork 3 times and had a few other chances to score aswell. We looked comfortable throughout and on the odd occasion that Nacional did threaten, our Curtis saw them off. The whole team played well and I'm proud of them.

It was one of those classic Blues in Europe performances.

Well done lads.

Tilton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:43 pm

Tilton wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:Good result though

As far as 0 - 0 results go it was great, but we should have won.

We hit the woodwork 3 times and had a few other chances to score aswell. We looked comfortable throughout and on the odd occasion that Nacional did threaten, our Curtis saw them off. The whole team played well and I'm proud of them.

It was one of those classic Blues in Europe performances.

Well done lads.

I thought McLeish was back in charge when I saw your line up. Very Happy

Think Davies will be a good player for you this season, always rated him at the Villa but he needs to be told what to do by his centre back partner.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton on Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:58 pm

Why did you think that McLies was back in charge? He would have played 10 in defence last night.

Yes, Davies is looking better with each game. I didn't really rate him before. I remember him playing for the Baggies against us in the Championship and he looked 'ok'. Just 'ok' though. Nothing special. I couldn't believe it when O'Verrated spunked all that money on him.

I think he used to suffer from costly lapses in concentration but hopefully he's overcoming that now.

Tilton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:05 pm

Davies is IMO a class act who should be playing Premiership football.Both times he got a sustained run in the Villa side he broke into the England squad only to get serious injuries (achilles and shoulder) which sidelined him for about 6 months.He needs a good 7 or 8 games to pick up the pace, and once he's at it he'll easily be the best centre half in the division.
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:47 pm

Tilton wrote:Why did you think that McLies was back in charge? He would have played 10 in defence last night.

Yes, Davies is looking better with each game. I didn't really rate him before. I remember him playing for the Baggies against us in the Championship and he looked 'ok'. Just 'ok' though. Nothing special. I couldn't believe it when O'Verrated spunked all that money on him.

I think he used to suffer from costly lapses in concentration but hopefully he's overcoming that now.

It was the 6 defenders in line up.

I take it Murphy and Spector played in midfield?

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:52 pm

Tilton wrote:
Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:Tilton I thought you said a ticket would be impossible to get, 80% empty seats amongst the few Bham city fans there Very Happy

Try again.

it wasn't any effort, just an observation, I said you shouldn't have listened to the hundreds saying they wanted to go, looked like barely 50.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton on Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:20 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:
Tilton wrote:Why did you think that McLies was back in charge? He would have played 10 in defence last night.

It was the 6 defenders in line up.

I take it Murphy and Spector played in midfield?

Nope. Ridgewell and Spector in midfield. To be fair to Ridgewell, he did well in an unfamiliar position. Gave the ball away a few times (as you'd expect) but got stuck in and did a good job there. Injuries to Fahey and Mutch and Gomis meant that we didn't have a lot of choice in
midfield.

Tilton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton on Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:27 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:
Tilton wrote:

Try again.

it wasn't any effort, just an observation, I said you shouldn't have listened to the hundreds saying they wanted to go, looked like barely 50.

You haven't got the hang of this, have you?

For the record though, about 700 there. Initial allocation was 250. It was then increased by Nacional to 600 with around 100 tickets kept back on the island for peolple who turned up without tickets. Not a bad turnout really for a 5000+ mile round trip in the present economic climate. The official club package cost £ 1440.00 Shocked

Anyway, glad to hear that you went to the trouble to find an internet feed to watch Blues in Europe.

We need supporters like you. Cheers.

Tilton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:31 pm

Who you trying to fool me or you, away end was empty, oh and I have a website with links to all live sporting events so it was no trouble, I turned off after 5mins though and watched spurs demolish Hearts.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton on Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:40 pm

Yes, both ends were empty. Mainly because there's no stands there.

Blues were down the one side.

Makes you proud, doesn't it?

Tilton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mikey on Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:01 pm

enjoy it tilts, its great if you get a run in it. really unites the fans

mikey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer on Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:57 pm

Tilton wrote:
Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:
Tilton wrote:

Try again.

You haven't got the hang of this, have you?

For the record though, about 700 there. Initial allocation was 250. It was then increased by Nacional to 600 with around 100 tickets kept back on the island for peolple who turned up without tickets. Not a bad turnout really for a 5000+ mile round trip in the present economic climate. The official club package cost £ 1440.00 Shocked

Anyway, glad to hear that you went to the trouble to find an internet feed to watch Blues in Europe.

We need supporters like you. Cheers.

Where is Nacional?
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top