Rhys Williams

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rhys Williams

Post  QBVILLA on Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:34 am

Skysports.com understands Aston Villa are looking to make a deadline day swoop for Middlesbrough's Rhys Williams.

Villa boss Alex McLeish is looking for defensive options following Luke Young's move to Queens Park Rangers.

Now Australia international Williams has emerged as a target after he made an excellent start to the Championship season with Boro.

Williams, who is currently playing in central midfield for Tony Mowbray's men, is also at home in central defence or right-back, so would represent a hugely versatile option for McLeish.

Boro, though, are looking for Williams to sign a new deal and would look to rebuff any offers, although they realise that every player has a price.

The 23-year-old, who is a graduate of Boro's famed academy, has two years left on his current deal and has already attracted attention from a number of Premier League clubs this summer including Bolton.

Anyone know much about him? I've only seen bits on Sky so I don't know enough about him to be able to pass a comment
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rhys Williams

Post  Internazionale_Villa on Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:41 am

Never heard of him but i think we should go for Lukaku on loan if stoke are going in for him, especially with the potential injury of Bent.

1107: FOOTBALL Daily Telegraph Football Correspondent Henry Winter on Twitter - Lescott (ankle) and Bent (groin) just walked off from training, back to pavilion. FA checking on injuries #eng

Internazionale_Villa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A on Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:08 pm

News:

Stoke have been denied in their bid to land Romelu Lukaku on loan after learning that such a move would contravene Premier League rules.
Jay.P.A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A on Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:12 pm

Really want to see who McLeish signs in midfield.

Bring back Milner on loan!
Jay.P.A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:13 pm

Jay.P.A wrote:News:

Stoke have been denied in their bid to land Romelu Lukaku on loan after learning that such a move would contravene Premier League rules.

Wonder what rule that is then? Do players who have been purchased have to make an appearance for their parent club before they can be loaned to another Premiership club?
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:15 pm

He played for Chelsea on the weekend, has he played for anyone else this season, you can't play for more then 2 teams a season.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:40 pm

Dont think it has, maybe Premier League have a rule that you cant sign a player, then loan him out to another Premier league club.

I remember Chelsea doing that with that Russian guy and loaning him straight to Portsmouth which caused a bit of a fuss.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:53 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:Dont think it has, maybe Premier League have a rule that you cant sign a player, then loan him out to another Premier league club.

I remember Chelsea doing that with that Russian guy and loaning him straight to Portsmouth which caused a bit of a fuss.

That's jogged my memory.Was the player Smertin? think he ended up playing more for pompey than he did for Chelsea
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:58 pm

QBVILLA wrote:

That's jogged my memory.Was the player Smertin? think he ended up playing more for pompey than he did for Chelsea

Yep, that's the one. I have a feeling they may have changed something in the rules after then. I'm not certain though.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:37 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:Dont think it has, maybe Premier League have a rule that you cant sign a player, then loan him out to another Premier league club.

He played two league games for Anderlecht.

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:22 am

Nothing to do with that apparently.A player cannot move twice in one transfer window according to Sky.
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Internazionale_Villa on Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:46 am

We're linked with a championship rb/lb and Newcastle have just signed Davide Santon from Inter for about 5million. This guy is a star in the making and is miles better than this Rhys kid and Hutton put together. Once again out shite scout network has failed to spot a bargain.

Internazionale_Villa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:42 am

Internazionale_Villa wrote:We're linked with a championship rb/lb and Newcastle have just signed Davide Santon from Inter for about 5million. This guy is a star in the making and is miles better than this Rhys kid and Hutton put together. Once again out shite scout network has failed to spot a bargain.

With the money we have available, I would say it's a waste paying £5 million for a left back, when we already have Warnock on the books, who even though is a bit shite, it on 40 odd k a week.

I have never seen this lad play, but surely if he was that good, Inter wouldn't be selling him?

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:46 am

Internazionale_Villa wrote:We're linked with a championship rb/lb and Newcastle have just signed Davide Santon from Inter for about 5million. This guy is a star in the making and is miles better than this Rhys kid and Hutton put together. Once again out shite scout network has failed to spot a bargain.

How do you know? Can't say i've seen much of any of them, but i've seen plenty of stars come in from abroad in the past and fail miserably.If we'd not have taken a punt on lower league/unknown players in the past then we'd never have had David Platt or Dwight Yorke. I also wouldn't have minded the likes of Kevin Phillips or Tim Cahill in their pomp.Just because a player comes in from abroad doesn't make him any good.The likes of Coloccini and Guitierrez at Newcastle are prime examples of that.
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:48 am

Santon was dog shit at Inter.

Back to top Go down

Post  Internazionale_Villa on Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:58 am

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:Santon was dog shit at Inter.

LOL, have you even seen him play? He was first choice RB at Inter for a whole season under Mourinho, got called up to the Italy team at just 18. I've seen him play live more than once so yes i can easily say he's miles better than Hutton and is a bargain at 5million. The only reason he hasnt played for inter for awhile is because he got injured, then they sent him on loan because he isnt going to replace Maicon or Chivu in the team. I guarantee he's at a top club within 2 years.

Internazionale_Villa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:05 am

Internazionale_Villa wrote:

LOL, have you even seen him play? He was first choice RB at Inter for a whole season under Mourinho, got called up to the Italy team at just 18. I've seen him play live more than once so yes i can easily say he's miles better than Hutton and is a bargain at 5million. The only reason he hasnt played for inter for awhile is because he got injured, then they sent him on loan because he isnt going to replace Maicon or Chivu in the team. I guarantee he's at a top club within 2 years.

Ritzy's in Newcastle?
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:47 pm

Internazionale_Villa wrote:

If he can't get Chivu out of a team, he's even shitter than I thought. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A on Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:52 pm

He aint shite Eze.

He's going to get better and better.
Jay.P.A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down