Post  Bedshammer on Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:34 pm

Very Happy
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jenas

Post  Internazionale_Villa on Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:52 am

I dont rate Jenas at all, would rather see 1 of our youngsters given a chance. Hutton is average and injury prone also if he isnt good enough for Spurs dont know why we're so chuffed.

Internazionale_Villa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:02 am

Internazionale_Villa wrote:I dont rate Jenas at all, would rather see 1 of our youngsters given a chance. Hutton is average and injury prone also if he isnt good enough for Spurs dont know why we're so chuffed.

I don't think anyone is "chuffed" as you put it, but now they are here we have to give them a chance. Just because Hutton fell out of favour as Spurs is doesnt make him shit.

No point spending the next few months moaning that we are doomed and I will be very surprised and disappointed if we don't get top 10.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Internazionale_Villa on Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:09 am

Course ill give them a chance, just unhappy with our transfer policy thats all.

Internazionale_Villa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:35 am

Internazionale_Villa wrote:Course ill give them a chance, just unhappy with our transfer policy thats all.

I don't think anyone is over the moon with our transfer policy, probably not McLeish or Lerner. I think the proof will be next summer's transfer window, we will be losing a few high earns off their long contract's, and hopefully then we will have more room to maneuver in the market.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:43 am

Think we've all got to get used to the fact that under O'neill it was as good as it gets for Villa.I think in comparison to the other Premiership clubs we've got the 7th best squad in the division.Stoke and Sunderland are catching us up but i'd still expect to see us finish ahead of them.Everton may have been weakened in the window, but they've still got Moyes working his magic so i'd expect them to be in and around us.
As for Jenas,he's one of those players that neutral fans never seem to rate.Bit like Downing I suppose in that respect.However, he has Premiership experience,won over 20 caps and is only on loan so whilst i'm not going to be breakdancing at the signing I can't really see too much wrong with it.Hutton, i'm happy with.yes i'd have liked to have seen others brought in but I think we've got to accept that we're no longer trying to sit at the top table,more like we're trying to stay where we are.
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:06 am

Spud lads at work seem to like Hutton, though say he can be a bit niave defensively. As for Jenas, the views are mixed, but dont think they are bad signings. Luke Young has been wanting to go back south for some time, so let him go. Everton havent improved their squad by any stretch of the imagination, Stoke have and will be pushing for 7th, but think we still have enough to be challenging that position.
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:54 am

I don't mind Hutton at all, L.Young was a solid RB but he wanted to go and we have bought in a player who at 26 is getting into his prime and probably hasn't cost us much extra, he has played under Mcliesh before at Rangers so perhaps he can get the best out of him and he will be a decent signing.

I don't think Jenas is as shit as some say but I also don't really see the point in it either, out of our midfield Petrov and Delph are the best pairing with Ireland as cover, if we wanted another player as cover then why let Makoun go on loan, I certainly don't want him to replace Delph in the team, with experience I think he can really start to progress into a top CM.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur on Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:11 am

roadoftrinity wrote:
Internazionale_Villa wrote:I dont rate Jenas at all, would rather see 1 of our youngsters given a chance. Hutton is average and injury prone also if he isnt good enough for Spurs dont know why we're so chuffed.

I don't think anyone is "chuffed" as you put it, but now they are here we have to give them a chance. Just because Hutton fell out of favour as Spurs is doesnt make him shit.

No point spending the next few months moaning that we are doomed and I will be very surprised and disappointed if we don't get top 10.

Every time Hutton came on the pitch was like giving the other team a goal start.... I watched so many players go straight past him...
FrenchSpur

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:28 am

FrenchSpur wrote:
Every time Hutton came on the pitch was like giving the other team a goal start.... I watched so many players go straight past him...

You will experience the same with Kyle Walker as well. However he is pretty good going forward.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur on Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:37 am

roadoftrinity wrote:
FrenchSpur wrote:

You will experience the same with Kyle Walker as well. However he is pretty good going forward.

wonderful..... tis all we need.... although we have a defence like a colander anyway so I doubt we will notice
FrenchSpur

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:51 am

Anyway, have you seen Jenas' bird?

http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif

Great signing
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ringo on Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:56 am

Well, she looks better at performing than the ability he has to perform on the pitch.
Ringo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A on Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:00 pm

Ringo wrote:Well, she looks better at performing than the ability he has to perform on the pitch.

Jay.P.A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:02 pm

Ringo wrote:Well, she looks better at performing than the ability he has to perform on the pitch.

What does that mean? Seriously, I thought you weren't going to post on the Villa board any more, but when you do, at least trying and say something that anyone else in the world might understand.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:23 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:

What does that mean? Seriously, I thought you weren't going to post on the Villa board any more, but when you do, at least trying and say something that anyone else in the world might understand.

His missus and uncle mick probably know what he is going on about
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:51 pm

villanfromluton wrote:

His missus and uncle mick probably know what he is going on about

I'm not sure Mark would know what he was on about, Uncle Mick probably would though, that is a good point.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:00 pm

QBVILLA wrote:Anyway, have you seen Jenas' bird?

http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif

Great signing

tidy
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3