You Lot

View previous topic View next topic Go down

You Lot

Post  Tilton on Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:30 pm

Must be pretty depressed at the football down at Vile Park this season?

First shot on target after 87 minutes last night? And that came from a defender? A pretty strong starting 11 from what I've read against a Bolton team making about 9 changes. Shocking.

Defensive, negative, boring football? Forwards being isolated and getting little or no service?

It all sounds very familiar. Welcome to the World Of Big Eck.

Enjoy.

Tilton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You Lot

Post  roadoftrinity on Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:38 pm

We will be fine so don't worry Very Happy

We were always going to struggle to create selling our two most creative players.

I didn't go to the game last night, but I wouldn't say that we were defensive or negative against Newcastle, we were just shite.

I will reserve judgement until around the end of October, see how we are playing then.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:43 pm

Is this a state the bleeding obvious thread or something? Rolling Eyes

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton on Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:58 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:We will be fine so don't worry Very Happy

We were always going to struggle to create selling our two most creative players.

I didn't go to the game last night, but I wouldn't say that we were defensive or negative against Newcastle, we were just shite.

I will reserve judgement until around the end of October, see how we are playing then.

You fancy the arse off him, don't you?

It's the only explanation.

Tilton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:03 pm

Worst manager since Billy McNeil Wink
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:07 pm

Tilton wrote:

You fancy the arse off him, don't you?

It's the only explanation.

Nope, I would never have chosen McLeish, but he is here and he seems adament that want's to try and place decent football.

So far I hve seen three games Fulham away as ok, great day out as always and played some alright stuff in the first half, Blackburn as home was decent but Blackburn were poor, and Newcastle at home was really poor, some terrible passing and an extremely dull game.

I think it will be around November when I will have seen enough games to give an honest opinion of McLeish.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton on Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:21 pm

So not much evidence of decent football so far then?

McLies talks the talk, says the right stuff in the press etc, but when it comes down to it he's too scared of losing. Safety first. Every point is a prisoner. You'll see.

Tilton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:34 am

Tilton wrote:Must be pretty depressed at the football down at Vile Park this season?

First shot on target after 87 minutes last night? And that came from a defender? A pretty strong starting 11 from what I've read against a Bolton team making about 9 changes. Shocking.

Defensive, negative, boring football? Forwards being isolated and getting little or no service?

It all sounds very familiar. Welcome to the World Of Big Eck.

Enjoy.

On the plus side I prefer him to the frog Very Happy
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A on Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:52 am

Lets look at the facts.

We're 6th in the PL, unbeaten - but not winning enough. We've won 1, and drawn 4 - so does that indicate that we are becoming harder to defeat, like in the MON days? Or, are we finding it harder to beat teams, like in the GH days What a Face

Goalkeeper and the defence is fine, solid. But sometimes we will get done by pace, and bad positioning at times.

(I think) We're trying to play good football, but we're not creating enough. Delph and Petrov seem too.....I don't know what word to use here. Lightweight? Ineffective? Immobile? Hopefully with Jenas coming back from injury, we'll have a bit more grit and determination in midfield. I'd hope McLeish would push Gary Gardner for some first team action in the PL now as well - he was decribed as 'absolutely immense' last night and gave a 'masterclass in midfield', from reports of the Villa Reserve game, so it would be interesting to see how he would cope in the PL.

IMO we should've kept NRC, at least he used to drive forward with the ball. In my opinion, 4-3-3 isn't working, hopefully we'll go 4-4-2 soon. Albrighton and N'Zogbia on the wings, Bent and Gabby upfront. Tell the wingers to whip 'em in, and the strikers to finish them off.
Jay.P.A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:10 pm

I think McLeish has a stalker in our midst Shocked
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton on Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:45 pm

Jay.P.A wrote:Lets look at the facts.

We're 6th in the PL, unbeaten - but not winning enough. We've won 1, and drawn 4 - so does that indicate that we are becoming harder to defeat, like in the MON days? Or, are we finding it harder to beat teams, like in the GH days What a Face

Goalkeeper and the defence is fine, solid. But sometimes we will get done by pace, and bad positioning at times.

(I think) We're trying to play good football, but we're not creating enough. Delph and Petrov seem too.....I don't know what word to use here. Lightweight? Ineffective? Immobile? Hopefully with Jenas coming back from injury, we'll have a bit more grit and determination in midfield. I'd hope McLeish would push Gary Gardner for some first team action in the PL now as well - he was decribed as 'absolutely immense' last night and gave a 'masterclass in midfield', from reports of the Villa Reserve game, so it would be interesting to see how he would cope in the PL.

IMO we should've kept NRC, at least he used to drive forward with the ball. In my opinion, 4-3-3 isn't working, hopefully we'll go 4-4-2 soon. Albrighton and N'Zogbia on the wings, Bent and Gabby upfront. Tell the wingers to whip 'em in, and the strikers to finish them off.

Innovative.

You should email the club.

I've got vile mates who reckon that they've been bored shitless going to games this season so I'm only going on what I've been told and read, to be fair. A bloke who works for me is a scout for the vile and they give him free tickets to every home game. He told me this morning that he won't be bothering using them again until McLeish is sacked.

Tilton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum