Telegraph artical

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Telegraph artical

Post  roadoftrinity on Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:40 am

Decent artical here on Villa, I think it sums up how the majority of fans feel. Hopefully we will play some decent football on the weekend, and more importantly beat Wigan.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/aston-villa/8790808/Alex-McLeish-must-let-Aston-Villa-off-the-leash.html

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Telegraph artical

Post  villanfromluton on Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:25 am

Good read and totally agree with what is said. Second half we played some decent football on the ground and need to persevere with this. Saturday is a big game and dont do well at home against Wigan.
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:55 am

Is it in Eck's nature to 'let a team of the leash'? His default setting seems to be caution.
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:09 pm

well, he certainly changed things in the second half on Sunday
villanfromluton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:11 pm

Never beaten Wigan at home but we desperately need three points this time.Need to play better than we did for the first 40 mins on Sunday as that was embarrassing.Hopefully N'Frogbia may feel inspired against his old side (not that it made the slightest bit of difference against Newcastle) and take us into the international break unbeaten in seven and on 11 points.
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:15 pm

Trouble is if we dont score early on the crowd could get restless, there again didnt do us any good v Newcastle. Need to go out and enjoy themselves and not feel inhibited, easier said than done mind. Unfortunately, we are not all like villainies who goes out to play without fear of what may happen
villanfromluton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:18 pm

QBVILLA wrote:Never beaten Wigan at home but we desperately need three points this time.Need to play better than we did for the first 40 mins on Sunday as that was embarrassing.Hopefully N'Frogbia may feel inspired against his old side (not that it made the slightest bit of difference against Newcastle) and take us into the international break unbeaten in seven and on 11 points.

Hopefully he won't play N'Zogbia. I would put Gabby in N'Zogbia's position as he spends more time out wide than in the box anyway, and put Bent up front. Rest of it keep the same, unless Clark is fit and **** Collins of, to be fair I would get rid of Collins for pretty much anyone.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:24 pm

Maybe Jenas may come into the equation. Bent and Gabby up front for me,
villanfromluton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:26 pm

villanfromluton wrote:Maybe Jenas may come into the equation. Bent and Gabby up front for me,

So you reckon drop Ireland? Thought than him and Delph started to play better second half. We want to play decent football, having Bannan, Delph and Ireland on the pitch with Petrov in behind them is the best chance we have. Jenas can come of the bench when either Ireland or Delph is shite.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ringo on Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:29 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:Never beaten Wigan at home but we desperately need three points this time.Need to play better than we did for the first 40 mins on Sunday as that was embarrassing.Hopefully N'Frogbia may feel inspired against his old side (not that it made the slightest bit of difference against Newcastle) and take us into the international break unbeaten in seven and on 11 points.

Hopefully he won't play N'Zogbia. I would put Gabby in N'Zogbia's position as he spends more time out wide than in the box anyway, and put Bent up front. Rest of it keep the same, unless Clark is fit and **** Collins of, to be fair I would get rid of Collins for pretty much anyone.

That is a bit unfair.
West Ham have always sold you decent players like NRC and Marlon Harewood...... errrr.. At that point, I better stop.
Ringo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:42 pm

villanfromluton wrote:well, he certainly changed things in the second half on Sunday

He did. But by all accounts it was very bad in the first half on Sunday so he had to respond somehow. I still think he will naturally return to caution though. I do agree with that article that Lerner seems to have lost his focus. ? Yes he has to balance the books but he also has to lead the club in the right direction. We seem to be coasting a bit at the moment.
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:43 pm

villainies wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:well, he certainly changed things in the second half on Sunday

He did. But by all accounts it was very bad in the first half on Sunday so he had to respond somehow. I still think he will naturally return to caution though. I do agree with that article that Lerner seems to have lost his focus. ? Yes he has to balance the books but he also has to lead the club in the right direction. We seem to be coasting a bit at the moment.

Have you watched the game then?

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:49 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:
villainies wrote:

Have you watched the game then?

No I've seen nothing of Sundays game.
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:46 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:Maybe Jenas may come into the equation. Bent and Gabby up front for me,

So you reckon drop Ireland? Thought than him and Delph started to play better second half. We want to play decent football, having Bannan, Delph and Ireland on the pitch with Petrov in behind them is the best chance we have. Jenas can come of the bench when either Ireland or Delph is shite.

You make a valid point there ROT,
villanfromluton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  truevillan on Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:32 pm

Sundays game 1st half was boring... i almost fell asleep but the second half was alot better, dunnno what was said in the dressing room but it shows Eck can motivate the team ... the Telegraph article was so right, defence is now alot better but we need to finish off teams, as said let em off the leash and not be so cautious Very Happy ...ive got Wigan tickets and im looking forward to a better game, Ireland is still rubbish imo: but we have no injury probs this week so lets hope we can get up n at `em ....
truevillan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:07 am

truevillan wrote:Sundays game 1st half was boring... i almost fell asleep but the second half was alot better, dunnno what was said in the dressing room but it shows Eck can motivate the team ... the Telegraph article was so right, defence is now alot better but we need to finish off teams, as said let em off the leash and not be so cautious Very Happy ...ive got Wigan tickets and im looking forward to a better game, Ireland is still rubbish imo: but we have no injury probs this week so lets hope we can get up n at `em ....

Truevillan, I thought Ireland did influence the game in the second half
villanfromluton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:49 am

villanfromluton wrote:
truevillan wrote:Sundays game 1st half was boring... i almost fell asleep but the second half was alot better, dunnno what was said in the dressing room but it shows Eck can motivate the team ... the Telegraph article was so right, defence is now alot better but we need to finish off teams, as said let em off the leash and not be so cautious Very Happy ...ive got Wigan tickets and im looking forward to a better game, Ireland is still rubbish imo: but we have no injury probs this week so lets hope we can get up n at `em ....

Truevillan, I thought Ireland did influence the game in the second half

He did, though I thought Michael Oliver was our best player
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  truevillan on Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:48 am

ok, difference of opinion then, Ireland`s done nothing much only say he felt more at home when on loan to N,Castle Shocked i dont rate him tho he used to be ok at Man C a couple of season ago...
truevillan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:38 pm

Yeh I didn't think he offered much against Qpr either.

Just hope we go for it a this saturday, we have nothing to fear at home against Wigan so Mcminge needs to set out with an attacking team.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A on Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:18 pm

Not too sure what to think of Ireland yet. Hasn't done enough.
Jay.P.A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  truevillan on Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:24 am

does Mc Minge know what an attackinng team is ?? im going to the game my 1st of the season and i want to be entertained but i fear i wont be .... if its another draw im gonna screammmmmmmm scratch
truevillan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A on Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:28 am

truevillan wrote:does Mc Minge know what an attackinng team is ?? im going to the game my 1st of the season and i want to be entertained but i fear i wont be .... if its another draw im gonna screammmmmmmm scratch

To be fair, most of this season, we've been playing with 3 strikers.
Jay.P.A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  truevillan on Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:42 am

yeah i know but they have done sweet FA imo: Embarassed
truevillan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content