Man City..

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Man City..

Post  villainies on Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:04 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:As you know i'm one of the minority on here who has always rated Allardyce.He'll prove to be West Ham's best managerial appointment since John Lyall.

Down by easter, instead of Christmas? Sam is exactly what West Ham needed. He's been what's needed since Curbishley left.

What West Ham needed was relegation. They were like a fish out of water, the championship is WH's natural habitat.
avatar
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Posts : 6323
Join date : 2009-05-26
Location : Bristol

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Man City..

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:29 pm

villainies wrote:
Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:As you know i'm one of the minority on here who has always rated Allardyce.He'll prove to be West Ham's best managerial appointment since John Lyall.

Down by easter, instead of Christmas? Sam is exactly what West Ham needed. He's been what's needed since Curbishley left.

What West Ham needed was relegation. They were like a fish out of water, the championship is WH's natural habitat.

Tru dat.
avatar
ADRIAN_1976

Posts : 6124
Join date : 2009-05-28
Location : Birmingham

View user profile http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Man City..

Post  Guest on Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:47 pm

villainies wrote:
Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:As you know i'm one of the minority on here who has always rated Allardyce.He'll prove to be West Ham's best managerial appointment since John Lyall.

Down by easter, instead of Christmas? Sam is exactly what West Ham needed. He's been what's needed since Curbishley left.

What West Ham needed was relegation. They were like a fish out of water, the championship is WH's natural habitat.

Yup. Gave us a chance to revamp the club and squad.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Man City..

Post  Bedshammer on Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:49 pm

QBVILLA wrote:As you know i'm one of the minority on here who has always rated Allardyce.He'll prove to be West Ham's best managerial appointment since John Lyall.

I think you're right, and I'm quite enjoying being proved wrong on this occasion. Make a note of the date.....
avatar
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Posts : 26426
Join date : 2009-05-25
Location : Bedfordshire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Man City..

Post  QBVILLA on Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:19 am

Ringo wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:As you know i'm one of the minority on here who has always rated Allardyce.He'll prove to be West Ham's best managerial appointment since John Lyall.

John Lyall was Ron Greenwood's assistant until Ron picked up the poisoned chalice known as the England managers job.
John basically took over everything Ron had built.

As i'm sure you are aware, Lyall took West Ham to their best ever finish of 3rd in 1986.Didn't Greenwood take the England job in around '77/78?
avatar
QBVILLA

Posts : 9649
Join date : 2009-05-27
Age : 39
Location : Costa del Quarry Bonk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Man City..

Post  Ringo on Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:03 am

yes, Greenwood did take the job earlier and left his assistant manager with a useful squad and a good work ethic.
John Lyall kept to everything he had learned from Greenwood and went on to be a great manager in his own right.

There were a few good teams in the 70's that had great managers and assistants........ the Clough/Taylor partnership being the most memorable.
avatar
Ringo

Posts : 3800
Join date : 2009-06-04
Age : 65
Location : Chadwell Heath

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Man City..

Post  QBVILLA on Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:36 am

The point I was making Ringo was that seven or eight years after Lyall took the job the fact he managed to get to 3rd in the top flight is a pretty good indication that he'd done it with his own squad, not Greenwood's
avatar
QBVILLA

Posts : 9649
Join date : 2009-05-27
Age : 39
Location : Costa del Quarry Bonk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Man City..

Post  Ringo on Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:06 pm

Your point is valid and fair enough.
I think that today standards have slipped badly as the manager is the only one that is now focused on by the general media.
How often do you hear the name of the assistant manager?
For instance, You may know the name of the assistant manager at Villa but no one outside of your supporters club would have heard of him/her.

In today's world, the first club that creates a management TEAM pairing with a dual input in the public eye will be the team that really moves forward.
avatar
Ringo

Posts : 3800
Join date : 2009-06-04
Age : 65
Location : Chadwell Heath

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Man City..

Post  QBVILLA on Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:14 pm

Ringo wrote:Your point is valid and fair enough.
I think that today standards have slipped badly as the manager is the only one that is now focused on by the general media.
How often do you hear the name of the assistant manager?
For instance, You may know the name of the assistant manager at Villa but no one outside of your supporters club would have heard of him/her. In today's world, the first club that creates a management TEAM pairing with a dual input in the public eye will be the team that really moves forward.


I think you are wrong there.When I was a kid I didn't know who the chairman or chief executive of opposition clubs were let alone assistant managers. I'm pretty confident that with todays mass media coverage I could name the majority of assistant managers in the Prem and a fair few from the football league, just going on the amount of post match interviews the assistants do.
avatar
QBVILLA

Posts : 9649
Join date : 2009-05-27
Age : 39
Location : Costa del Quarry Bonk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Man City..

Post  Guest on Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:16 pm

Isn't Peter Grant at Villa? You should know him Ringo, he was Pardew's assistant. It all started going tits up when he left to try and be a manager.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Man City..

Post  QBVILLA on Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:19 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:Isn't Peter Grant at Villa? You should know him Ringo, he was Pardew's assistant. It all started going tits up when he left to try and be a manager.

Yep, and has Neil McDonald teamed up with Allardyce again?
avatar
QBVILLA

Posts : 9649
Join date : 2009-05-27
Age : 39
Location : Costa del Quarry Bonk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Man City..

Post  Ringo on Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:23 pm

I guess that back in the 60's/70's things were far more prolific.

True, the only two I can remember off hand are the two I already mentioned with Forest & us.
At the same time, 'Character' managers were created.... For instance, Malcolm Allison at Newcastle, Don Revey at Leeds plus a few more.
I think people like that coming through created a situation where standards slipped in the whole infrastructure of the managerial set-up from the kitman upwards.
avatar
Ringo

Posts : 3800
Join date : 2009-06-04
Age : 65
Location : Chadwell Heath

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Man City..

Post  Guest on Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:26 pm

QBVILLA wrote:
Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:Isn't Peter Grant at Villa? You should know him Ringo, he was Pardew's assistant. It all started going tits up when he left to try and be a manager.

Yep, and has Neil McDonald teamed up with Allardyce again?

Certainly has.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Man City..

Post  QBVILLA on Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:26 pm

Ringo wrote:I guess that back in the 60's/70's things were far more prolific.

True, the only two I can remember off hand are the two I already mentioned with Forest & us.
At the same time, 'Character' managers were created.... For instance, Malcolm Allison at Newcastle, Don Revey at Leeds plus a few more.
I think people like that coming through created a situation where standards slipped in the whole infrastructure of the managerial set-up from the kitman upwards.

I sometimes wonder whether you read the responses to the questions you ask cyclops
avatar
QBVILLA

Posts : 9649
Join date : 2009-05-27
Age : 39
Location : Costa del Quarry Bonk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Man City..

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:00 pm

QBVILLA wrote:
Ringo wrote:I guess that back in the 60's/70's things were far more prolific.

True, the only two I can remember off hand are the two I already mentioned with Forest & us.
At the same time, 'Character' managers were created.... For instance, Malcolm Allison at Newcastle, Don Revey at Leeds plus a few more.
I think people like that coming through created a situation where standards slipped in the whole infrastructure of the managerial set-up from the kitman upwards.

I sometimes wonder whether you read the responses to the questions you ask cyclops

Or if he reads the questions he answers

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Posts : 5718
Join date : 2009-06-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Man City..

Post  Bedshammer on Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:53 pm

Diversionary tactics.
avatar
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

Posts : 26426
Join date : 2009-05-25
Location : Bedfordshire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Man City..

Post  jak on Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:39 pm

Bubble!!!! Bubble!!!!!

jak

Posts : 16010
Join date : 2009-05-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Man City..

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum