Terry and Suarez.Racists?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Terry and Suarez.Racists?

Post  QBVILLA on Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:22 am

With the recent allegations i'm surprised there isn't anything on the forum about this.Anyway, quite frankly i'll be amazed if Terry in particular is guilty especially as his alleged victim was Anton Ferdinand.There's no place for racism, but likewise it's a terrible thing to be accused of if you're innocent.
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Terry and Suarez.Racists?

Post  Bedshammer on Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:40 am

Yes, Terry is saying it was a misunderstanding. I don't quite know how that can happen, to be honest. Did he call Anton a cack cnut or something?
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:50 am

QBVILLA wrote:With the recent allegations i'm surprised there isn't anything on the forum about this.Anyway, quite frankly i'll be amazed if Terry in particular is guilty especially as his alleged victim was Anton Ferdinand.There's no place for racism, but likewise it's a terrible thing to be accused of if you're innocent.

John Terrys take on the issue is, so he is saying that Ferdinand accused him of it, and Terry just repeated back to him exactly what he said. -

Terry wrote: Terry said in a statement released on Sunday night: "I've seen that there's a lot of comments on the internet with regards to some video footage of me in today's game.

"I'm disappointed that people have leapt to the wrong conclusions about the context of what I was seen to be saying to Anton Ferdinand.

"I thought Anton was accusing me of using a racist slur against him. I responded aggressively, saying that I never used that term.

"I would never say such a thing, and I'm saddened that people would think so.

"I have known Anton for a long time and spoke to him about it after the game and there was no problem between us.

"I congratulated him on their win. He has not accused me of any wrongful remark.

"It was clear it was all a misunderstanding at the time.

"After the result, I am saddened to be dealing with these wrongful allegations.

"I am the proud captain of one of the most internationally diverse teams in the Premier League and I absolutely believe that there is no place for racism in sport and indeed in any walk of life."

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:01 am

I'm not a fan of John Terry, but I do find myself wanting to believe him on this.
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur on Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:20 am

If there was nothing to it then we would have heard from Ferdinand by now giving Terry his support...

Mad Mad Mad
FrenchSpur

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:41 am

FrenchSpur wrote:If there was nothing to it then we would have heard from Ferdinand by now giving Terry his support...

Mad Mad Mad

And if there was anything to it we'd have heard from a QPR official condemning it.

Fact is we don't know and it's innocent until proven guilty
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur on Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:13 am

QBVILLA wrote:
FrenchSpur wrote:If there was nothing to it then we would have heard from Ferdinand by now giving Terry his support...

Mad Mad Mad

And if there was anything to it we'd have heard from a QPR official condemning it.

Fact is we don't know and it's innocent until proven guilty

But all Ferdinand has to do is stand up and say nothing happened.. The QPR people will keep quiet because the police are involved.
FrenchSpur

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:54 am

I will be amazed if Terry said that.. in front of other players inc black Chelsea players.. But if he did then what a complete twat of a bloke.. the man must have no common sense at all..

Ferdinand hasn't said anything which to me shows there might be something in it and the Police have said they are going to investigate it because a member of the public has complained..
ADRIAN_1976

View user profile http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:18 am

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:I will be amazed if Terry said that.. in front of other players inc black Chelsea players.. But if he did then what a complete twat of a bloke.. the man must have no common sense at all..

Ferdinand hasn't said anything which to me shows there might be something in it and the Police have said they are going to investigate it because a member of the public has complained..

Think you're under-estimating what a knob Terry is.
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur on Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:33 am

villainies wrote:
ADRIAN_1976 wrote:I will be amazed if Terry said that.. in front of other players inc black Chelsea players.. But if he did then what a complete twat of a bloke.. the man must have no common sense at all..

Actually I agree... him and his family to be honest Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
FrenchSpur

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jak on Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:01 pm

villainies wrote:

I agree with you too.

jak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer on Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:05 pm

He might well be a knob, I won't dispute that. But he's innocent until proven guilty.
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 on Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:06 pm

Bedshammer wrote:He might well be a knob, I won't dispute that. But he's innocent until proven guilty.

So he's guilty of being a knob then.

jpr60

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:07 pm

Bedshammer wrote:He might well be a knob, I won't dispute that. But he's innocent until proven guilty.

fo sho
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:08 pm

villainies wrote:

fo sho

mofo
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer on Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:09 pm

jpr60 wrote:

So he's guilty of being a knob then.

Edit: Innocent of making racist comments until proven guilty.
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jak on Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:36 pm

FA now involved along with Police. QPR have also weighed in.
We'll have to see what happens.

jak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:46 am

So Terry not guilty eh? Anyone believe that? The judge certainly doesn't but as it couldn't be proved beyond reasonable doubt he had no option but to let EBJT off. This is an extract from his report

Of that defence (sarcasm) , Riddle expressed scepticism in his 13-page written judgment: "Mr Terry's explanation is, certainly under the cold light of forensic examination, unlikely." About Terry's case that he repeated the words back to deny having said them, Riddle went on: "It is not the most obvious response. It is sandwiched between other undoubted insults."

I think the FA might well find him guilty and impose a much greater fine that the criminal courts could and give him a hefty ban. The sooner we see the back of EBJT the better.

Last edited by villainies on Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:38 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling shite)
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  truevillan on Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:09 pm

Cant fault him as a player ... but as a person ... a dirty cheating and dis-loyal prick... with a doormat for a wife , makes me sick, blokes like him will get on in life while other good men dont Mad
truevillan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:05 pm

You could argue Giggs is worse.. Imagine having a brother thats shagging your mrs for years!
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer on Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:09 pm

Suarez has given an interview on Uruguayan TV and when he was asked about what happened, he said that Man U have political power in England and you must do as they say. I'll bet you now that he won't be at the Pool for much longer
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:10 am

4 games. You're kidding me? Should've been 8 minimum. The FA never get it quite right eh?
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Bonds on Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:00 pm

villainies wrote:4 games. You're kidding me? Should've been 8 minimum. The FA never get it quite right eh?

thats what Ian wright said in not so many words...the fa could not organise a piss up in a brewery....time the wankers took a reality check

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4560736/John-Terry-ban-Ian-Wright-says-verdict-makes-no-sense.html

Billy Bonds
Sir Twat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Bonds on Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:02 pm

Bedshammer wrote:Suarez has given an interview on Uruguayan TV and when he was asked about what happened, he said that Man U have political power in England and you must do as they say. I'll bet you now that he won't be at the Pool for much longer

well in some ways he's got a point...man utd do hold a lot of power...

Billy Bonds
Sir Twat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top