The pursuit of mediocrity

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The pursuit of mediocrity

Post  QBVILLA on Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:54 pm

If it wasn't for Mr O'Neill we'd have been relegated long before we blew the chance for a top 4 place.People tend to forget that and instead concentrate on where he made mistakes.He took over a side who'd just finished 16th and led us to 11th,6th,6th and 6th.Each season improving our points total, not to forget he got us to a cup final where Phil fucking Dowd royally fcuked us.It's bell noshers like Villainies who expect us to be challenging for the title and showing an arrogance which Aston Villa cannot live up to.
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:03 pm

Oneil did a great job despite destroying our wage bill.. but there is no way we would've got relegated without him considering the money he had to spend!
ADRIAN_1976

View user profile http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:18 am

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Oneil did a great job despite destroying our wage bill.. but there is no way we would've got relegated without him considering the money he had to spend!

This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever Suspect
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer on Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:36 am

QBVILLA wrote:
ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Oneil did a great job despite destroying our wage bill.. but there is no way we would've got relegated without him considering the money he had to spend!

Well, this IS jwned, after all.
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:30 am

QBVILLA wrote:

What he is trying to say is mark west ham man would've achieved 6th place given the massive sums of bunce Martin o Feckwit had to spend.
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Bonds on Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:56 am

villainies wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:

What he is trying to say is mark west ham man would've achieved 6th place given the massive sums of bunce Martin o Feckwit had to spend.

At least i would have treid,,,the only thing on your mind would have been smashing the back doors in of Janice the tea lady....pity she's 76

Billy Bonds
Sir Twat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:29 am

QBVILLA wrote:

With the amount of investment Oneil had it would've taken something disastrous for us to get relegated.

Oneil when he came to Villa was being touted as a future Man U manager. When he left his reputation was that he is great at getting the best out of mediocre players and a team challenging for fourth but he can't make that final push and left us with mediocre players on high wages. Thanks for that Martin. No wonder ur being Linked with likes of Leicester now n not a Champ Lge team.

Plus after all the investment we put in finishing above the likes of Stoke Sunderland etc isn't a massive achievement.

I enjoyed Oneils time in charge but it seems we can't criticise him for the mess he left us in.
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  jak on Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:57 am

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:

With the amount of investment Oneil had it would've taken something disastrous for us to get relegated.

Oneil when he came to Villa was being touted as a future Man U manager. When he left his reputation was that he is great at getting the best out of mediocre players and a team challenging for fourth but he can't make that final push and left us with mediocre players on high wages. Thanks for that Martin. No wonder ur being Linked with likes of Leicester now n not a Champ Lge team.

Plus after all the investment we put in finishing above the likes of Stoke Sunderland etc isn't a massive achievement.

I enjoyed Oneils time in charge but it seems we can't criticise him for the mess he left us in.

Well I know where you're coming from, Ades. I agree that he was being touted as a future successor to Ferguson.
Where is O'Neill now though? He's out of the running for any top PL job, that's how much his credibility has been damaged by his performance at Villa. That's without mentioning the disgraceful way and the timing of his leaving Villa.
The man's a parrot nosed prat.

jak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:59 am

I enjoyed the MON years, always felt you could win away from home which was completely opposite to going to away games under O'leary where you would be chuffed to grab a draw. We had a strong team and some very good players, think one season we won something like 7 away games on the trot! Also victories at Arsenal, Liverpool, Man Utd (first in my life time) great european games in Prague and Hamburg, Ajax at home, League cup final. It was certainly a good time but we always seemed to choke in March and throw the season away, gone from no debt to £100m debt in 4 years. And then when the money was no longer there he walked out with a week to the first game of the season which was a real shit thing to do, and showed that without money he probably wasn't very special at all, if he had gone at the end of the previous season and given us time to sort a new manager before pre-season or had stayed that last year and said he was leaving at the end he probably wouldn't have ruined his reputation the way he has.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:11 am

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:I enjoyed the MON years, always felt you could win away from home which was completely opposite to going to away games under O'leary where you would be chuffed to grab a draw. We had a strong team and some very good players, think one season we won something like 7 away games on the trot! Also victories at Arsenal, Liverpool, Man Utd (first in my life time) great european games in Prague and Hamburg, Ajax at home, League cup final. It was certainly a good time but we always seemed to choke in March and throw the season away, gone from no debt to £100m debt in 4 years. And then when the money was no longer there he walked out with a week to the first game of the season which was a real shit thing to do, and showed that without money he probably wasn't very special at all, if he had gone at the end of the previous season and given us time to sort a new manager before pre-season or had stayed that last year and said he was leaving at the end he probably wouldn't have ruined his reputation the way he has.

Agree completely with all of that, the majority of Villa fans supported MON as manager right up to the end, but the way he left us in the shit at the end, I don't think there are many Villa fans that can forgive him for that.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:42 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:I enjoyed the MON years, always felt you could win away from home which was completely opposite to going to away games under O'leary where you would be chuffed to grab a draw. We had a strong team and some very good players, think one season we won something like 7 away games on the trot! Also victories at Arsenal, Liverpool, Man Utd (first in my life time) great european games in Prague and Hamburg, Ajax at home, League cup final. It was certainly a good time but we always seemed to choke in March and throw the season away, gone from no debt to £100m debt in 4 years. And then when the money was no longer there he walked out with a week to the first game of the season which was a real shit thing to do, and showed that without money he probably wasn't very special at all, if he had gone at the end of the previous season and given us time to sort a new manager before pre-season or had stayed that last year and said he was leaving at the end he probably wouldn't have ruined his reputation the way he has.

Agree with that too.. ive never said that Oneils time wasn't enjoyable but we can also be critical of his eventual downfalls and what we have been left to deal with after.

Oneil is a very good motivational manager but i dont think any of the Champ Lge clubs will go for him and i very much doubt Spurs will be in for him when Redknapp leaves for England the Job.
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:36 pm

I did too, we were so close to having a really top team. I got frustrated with some of the crazy purchasing but it was good to be at that end of the table.
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top