Billy Sharp

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Billy Sharp

Post  Guest on Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:50 pm

Captaining Doncaster just after hos baby died 2 days old. Talk about character.

Back to top Go down

Re: Billy Sharp

Post  Guest on Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:56 pm

Scored, showed a tribute t-shirt, and wasn't booked. Credit to that referee for allowing human sense to overrule paper laws. Clap

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer on Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:47 am

A great show of loyalty to his club, undoubtedly. Meanwhile, spare a thought for his wife. While he was training, playing with a ball and getting accolades for running around in shorts she's been trying to deal with losing her baby.
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:56 am

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:Captaining Doncaster just after hos baby died 2 days old. Talk about character.

I know what you are saying but for me it's not a great thing.His best way of coping was to carry on as normal, for others it's different.I recall a few years back when Benitez missed his father's funeral for a Liverpool game and the Liverpool fans thought that was brilliant.IMO he should've got his priorities right and been at the funeral alongside his family.In Sharp's case there's his missus and also the grieving grandparents etc.Brave to play? Or cowardly to be away from his grieving family? At the end of the day it's down to the individual how best to cope with such a tragedy.
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jak on Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:01 pm

QBVILLA wrote:
Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:Captaining Doncaster just after hos baby died 2 days old. Talk about character.

I know what you are saying but for me it's not a great thing.His best way of coping was to carry on as normal, for others it's different.I recall a few years back when Benitez missed his father's funeral for a Liverpool game and the Liverpool fans thought that was brilliant.IMO he should've got his priorities right and been at the funeral alongside his family.In Sharp's case there's his missus and also the grieving grandparents etc.Brave to play? Or cowardly to be away from his grieving family? At the end of the day it's down to the individual how best to cope with such a tragedy.

Absolutely.

jak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:02 pm

I agree with QB here, I'm not sure what it says about a man who can lose a child and then go and play a game of football.

Imagine if your child died and the dad said right I'm off to play footy with the lads "what!!!" come on love can't let the sunday league team down. I think divorce.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mikey on Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:06 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:I agree with QB here, I'm not sure what it says about a man who can lose a child and then go and play a game of football.

Imagine if your child died and the dad said right I'm off to play footy with the lads "what!!!" come on love can't let the sunday league team down. I think divorce.
It's his job, what he does best. puts food on the table for his family. last nights 90 minutes probably gave him some "comfort" and "relief" from the overpowering,consuming feeling of emptiness/loss.

mikey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:08 pm

mikey wrote:
Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:I agree with QB here, I'm not sure what it says about a man who can lose a child and then go and play a game of football.

It's his job, what he does best. puts food on the table for his family. last nights 90 minutes probably gave him some "comfort" and "relief" from the overpowering,consuming feeling of emptiness/loss.

So you would expect someone to go into work as normal if their child dies?

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:08 pm

mikey wrote:

I have no doubt it did.But it isn't just about him.I'm not going to judge him either way.
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mikey on Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:17 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:
mikey wrote:

So you would expect someone to go into work as normal if their child dies?
not unless they loved their job and it would take their mind off things for just a little while.

as qb rightly says, i'm not one to judge. i don't have a porblem ieh him playing

mikey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Bonds on Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:06 pm

When My father in law died some 2 years ago now on new years eve,,,i was at work With me boss , it was around 11am in the morning...I had a phone call from the wife..

I thought oh for gods sakes what now..i just wanted to get the work done and be out of their by 3 pm,,even though every 1 else had gone hours before that..

Well u can imagine the shock when my wife said her dad had just dropped own dead whilst working..
Well any other boss iam fuking pretty much sure would have said ok m8,,,get dressed n go...ring me ok..

This was my f-in law who was like a second dad to me and we was quite close.

Anyway oh just before you go mark can you just bring that car in for me and lock the door on your way out...
Iam thinking r u serious my wifes in bits my mo in law will be heart broken n u want me to phuk about doing that ok...so i did

then i phoned him back up 7pm i think it was to let him know...Anyway all i got was ok mark see you monday morning...
I thought you tnuc,,,my wifes devasted blah blah blah...

And when i went into work....it was for gods sake mark,,,stop walking around like yr a tit in the trance...i have never wanted to pnuch him in the face until that moment...i just looked at him n thought u selfish tnuc..

Ok i might not be working right now but in away hard as things r iam glad i dont work 4 that tnuc anymore

Billy Bonds
Sir Twat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton on Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:20 pm

Me, me, me, me, me.

A thread about Billy Sharp losing his baby son and then playing for his team 2 days later and you decide to have a moan about your old boss.

Unbelievable.

Tilton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 on Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:50 pm

I recall my first wife being in hospital for her final days, we had an evening match - she'd said "Of course you should play" so I did. It was some sort of escape for me, a short release from the turmoil that had been going on around my family and I enjoyed the match. Three days later she died. Looking back it was that struggling to follow a "normal" life that kept me (at least) going and I think my wife felt better knowing that I'd be doing what I normally did - it's probably different for each person but I quite understand Sharp getting on with his life, that's what you have to do if you want to hold on to sanity in times of extreme stress.

jpr60

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Bonds on Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:34 pm

Tilton wrote:Me, me, me, me, me.

A thread about Billy Sharp losing his baby son and then playing for his team 2 days later and you decide to have a moan about your old boss.

Unbelievable.

Yep terrible aint it me me me me nothing in the world more important then me Very Happy Tosspot

Billy Bonds
Sir Twat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top