UP FOR SALE

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

UP FOR SALE

Post  villainies on Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:13 pm

sign has gone up at VP. Randy is trying to off-load us to some rich Quatari family apparently.

We'll be making Citeh look like a pub team in 5 years. Wink
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: UP FOR SALE

Post  FrenchSpur on Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:19 pm

villainies wrote:sign has gone up at VP. Randy is trying to off-load us to some rich Quatari family apparently.

We'll be making Citeh look like a pub team in 5 years. Wink

how much is he asking ??
FrenchSpur

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:20 pm

Who told you this? Same guy that told you about Moyes I assume.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:23 pm

£150m I've heard.

My new HP Sauce has tipped me off but its breaking on the twitterverse too. It probably won't come to anything but sooner or later he'll find a buyer. I don't think he's too much into it anymore.
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:25 pm

Read a report that he has to sell the Browns or Villa..

I think if someone offered him the right money he would sell..
ADRIAN_1976

View user profile http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:33 pm

Who the **** is going to want to buy us? Randy has proved that there is no business to made out of buying the club.

It's all bollocks, I dont doubt that if someone came in that Randy thought could do a better job than him, and was prepared to give him a nice amount of cash he would sell the club. However, it is very unlikely to happen. Look at Everton, they have been ripe to be brought for years and no one has brought them.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur on Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:36 pm

Spurs are up next... we are apparently de-listing from the stock market... the reason being so that we can build a new stadium... more like they can sell the club
FrenchSpur

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  mikey on Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:50 pm

i think its a disgrace. why can't all clubs be like fu;ham and work there way up through the leagues... Shocked

mikey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur on Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:52 pm

mikey wrote:i think its a disgrace. why can't all clubs be like fu;ham and work there way up through the leagues... Shocked

I think you will find we all did... except for the Gooners who refused to be demoted all those years ago and cheated their way into the first division....
FrenchSpur

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:55 pm

FrenchSpur wrote:Spurs are up next... we are apparently de-listing from the stock market... the reason being so that we can build a new stadium... more like they can sell the club

Spurs are more likely to be brought that Villa as they make a profit every season and have far more revenue potential.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur on Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:03 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:
FrenchSpur wrote:Spurs are up next... we are apparently de-listing from the stock market... the reason being so that we can build a new stadium... more like they can sell the club

Spurs are more likely to be brought that Villa as they make a profit every season and have far more revenue potential.

It all depends on the price... most of the yanks got in to the market at the time of the glazers buyout and paid a premium for their clubs... I remember spuds shares were at £1.2 at the time and are nearly at 30p at present which is daft when you consider we turned a profit and have had record revenues which we ought to be repeating..
FrenchSpur

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:28 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:Who the **** is going to want to buy us? Randy has proved that there is no business to made out of buying the club.

It's all bollocks, I dont doubt that if someone came in that Randy thought could do a better job than him, and was prepared to give him a nice amount of cash he would sell the club. However, it is very unlikely to happen. Look at Everton, they have been ripe to be brought for years and no one has brought them.

Are the Man City dudes in it to make money? I think they just want a piece of the action, lord it over their next door nieighbours and be the best team in the world - hang the cost.

I WANT A PIECE OF THAT ACTION cheers
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:29 pm

villainies wrote:
Are the Man City dudes in it to make money? I think they just want a piece of the action, lord it over their next door nieighbours and be the best team in the world - hang the cost.

We are already lording it over our neighbours, so it doesn't quiet have the same appeal I doubt.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton on Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:54 pm

Tilton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:31 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:
villainies wrote:

We are already lording it over our neighbours, so it doesn't quiet have the same appeal I doubt.

True. I'll just be happy with another CL win though.
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A on Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:56 pm

Tilton wrote:

Would be brilliant if we get taken over Cool
Jay.P.A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Bonds on Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:26 pm

villainies wrote:
roadoftrinity wrote:
villainies wrote:

True. I'll just be happy with another CL Prem win though.

Billy Bonds
Sir Twat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 on Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:10 pm

Wouldn't it be nicer if there was a touch more stability all round?
Look, Mr £$multi-trillion can come in and buy, I dunno, Wealdstone - new stadium, multi-million star players from around the world - a coupla years down the road - whoopee, champions, CL winners etc etc. I'd not be too chuffed were I a Wealdstone fan TBH. I'd much rather that Big Money be proved not to work, otherwise we'll get like the USA, our local "franchise" will move from Hull to London City (that's Hull Rovers to London Speedball) and it'll all be money, razzmatazz (which it already is, starting with Chelsea, moving up a gear to ManC- who knows what's next - Aston "PUMP IRON" Villa perhaps?).
OK - I'm old, but I love the way football in England is/has been. As fans we love our clubs (not cos they're rich, not cos they can sign the biggest players - I was amazed, in an extremely positive way, when The Arsenal signed Dennis Bergkamp - just because they are what they are, OUR club). Long may it be thus and, to ensure that it remains like that, I'm hoping ManC don't win anything -I've been hoping that (with mixed results) about Chelsea for a few years now. If you guys go Big Money, take care, I effin hate you!

jpr60

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:14 pm

Would I feel the same if some mega arab come in and win us the league and champions league as when we did all those years ago, would I fcek? Football has changed too much, and not for the better in lots of ways. I like the fact that clubs like Forest could come up from the old second division and win the league the following year. I totally echo JPR's sentiments. Randy Lerner has come unstuck apparently due to the economic situation, but I liked the fact he was into the club when he arrived, not someone out for a bit of fun and fcek off when they get bored.
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jak on Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:33 pm

jpr60 wrote:Wouldn't it be nicer if there was a touch more stability all round?
Look, Mr £$multi-trillion can come in and buy, I dunno, Wealdstone - new stadium, multi-million star players from around the world - a coupla years down the road - whoopee, champions, CL winners etc etc. I'd not be too chuffed were I a Wealdstone fan TBH. I'd much rather that Big Money be proved not to work, otherwise we'll get like the USA, our local "franchise" will move from Hull to London City (that's Hull Rovers to London Speedball) and it'll all be money, razzmatazz (which it already is, starting with Chelsea, moving up a gear to ManC- who knows what's next - Aston "PUMP IRON" Villa perhaps?).
OK - I'm old, but I love the way football in England is/has been. As fans we love our clubs (not cos they're rich, not cos they can sign the biggest players - I was amazed, in an extremely positive way, when The Arsenal signed Dennis Bergkamp - just because they are what they are, OUR club). Long may it be thus and, to ensure that it remains like that, I'm hoping ManC don't win anything -I've been hoping that (with mixed results) about Chelsea for a few years now. If you guys go Big Money, take care, I effin hate you!

Absolutely!!!!!!

jak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jak on Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:34 pm

villanfromluton wrote:Would I feel the same if some mega arab come in and win us the league and champions league as when we did all those years ago, would I fcek? Football has changed too much, and not for the better in lots of ways. I like the fact that clubs like Forest could come up from the old second division and win the league the following year. I totally echo JPR's sentiments. Randy Lerner has come unstuck apparently due to the economic situation, but I liked the fact he was into the club when he arrived, not someone out for a bit of fun and fcek off when they get bored.

AbsoLUTEly!!!!!!

jak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jak on Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:38 pm

FrenchSpur wrote:
mikey wrote:i think its a disgrace. why can't all clubs be like fu;ham and work there way up through the leagues... Shocked

I think you will find we all did... except for the Gooners who refused to be demoted all those years ago and cheated their way into the first division....

Absolutely bollockssssssss!!! Rolling Eyes

jak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur on Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:41 pm

jak wrote:
FrenchSpur wrote:

Absolutely bollockssssssss!!! Rolling Eyes

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
FrenchSpur

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A on Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:51 pm

I feel for Arsenal because they're in the similar boat as us. Haven't won a trophy in a long time, and some of the best players the clubs have had, have left or retired. Both clubs got taken over recently, both lost in the finals of the carling cup, but both teams have had moderate success by thier standards in the league in recent times, bar last season. But if your club had the 'Man City' chance, surely you wouldn't be against it?

I'm afraid its that time in football when, if your owners don't have money, you're gonna get left behind.
Jay.P.A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jpr60 on Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:56 pm

Jay.P.A wrote:I feel for Arsenal because they're in the similar boat as us. Haven't won a trophy in a long time, and some of the best players the clubs have had, have left or retired. Both clubs got taken over recently, both lost in the finals of the carling cup, but both teams have had moderate success by thier standards in the league in recent times, bar last season. But if your club had the 'Man City' chance, surely you wouldn't be against it?

I'm afraid its that time in football when, if your owners don't have money, you're gonna get left behind.

Not for me, never. If my club suddenly got rich, lashed out millions on the top players they'd lose their identity in my eyes. Once you join that money-wins-all bandwagon it's a different game, a not-so-interesting game in my opinion. It's no longer about the club, it's about the money. No, not at all interested. The moment The Arsenal starts acting like Chelsea, ManC I'm an ex-supporter - I'll still cherish my history with the club but they'll no longer have me as a supporter.

jpr60

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top