UP FOR SALE

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: UP FOR SALE

Post  villanfromluton on Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:01 pm

I agree with JPR, while I would be happy with a wealthy owner, would want him to have some connection with my club, not just wanting a bit of publicity in owning an English club and fceking off when they want.
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jak on Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:09 pm

jpr60 wrote:
Jay.P.A wrote:I feel for Arsenal because they're in the similar boat as us. Haven't won a trophy in a long time, and some of the best players the clubs have had, have left or retired. Both clubs got taken over recently, both lost in the finals of the carling cup, but both teams have had moderate success by thier standards in the league in recent times, bar last season. But if your club had the 'Man City' chance, surely you wouldn't be against it?

I'm afraid its that time in football when, if your owners don't have money, you're gonna get left behind.

Not for me, never. If my club suddenly got rich, lashed out millions on the top players they'd lose their identity in my eyes. Once you join that money-wins-all bandwagon it's a different game, a not-so-interesting game in my opinion. It's no longer about the club, it's about the money. No, not at all interested. The moment The Arsenal starts acting like Chelsea, ManC I'm an ex-supporter - I'll still cherish my history with the club but they'll no longer have me as a supporter.

jpr60 and jak stand as one on this.

jak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:14 pm

jak wrote:
jpr60 wrote:
Jay.P.A wrote:I feel for Arsenal because they're in the similar boat as us. Haven't won a trophy in a long time, and some of the best players the clubs have had, have left or retired. Both clubs got taken over recently, both lost in the finals of the carling cup, but both teams have had moderate success by thier standards in the league in recent times, bar last season. But if your club had the 'Man City' chance, surely you wouldn't be against it?

I'm afraid its that time in football when, if your owners don't have money, you're gonna get left behind.

Not for me, never. If my club suddenly got rich, lashed out millions on the top players they'd lose their identity in my eyes. Once you join that money-wins-all bandwagon it's a different game, a not-so-interesting game in my opinion. It's no longer about the club, it's about the money. No, not at all interested. The moment The Arsenal starts acting like Chelsea, ManC I'm an ex-supporter - I'll still cherish my history with the club but they'll no longer have me as a supporter.

stop sucking up to your younger mate
villanfromluton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jak on Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:18 pm

villanfromluton wrote:
jak wrote:
jpr60 wrote:

stop sucking up to your younger mate

He's not !! Very Happy

jak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:45 pm

Yeah I'll be gutted when we sign Kaka, Messi and Ronaldo. It will highlight the sad state of modern football and the inequalities within the game. I'll hark back to the days when we hadn't got a pot to piss in and had no chance of winning a thing.

When the breakaway happens I want Villa to be on board and that means having a wealthy owner as soon as poss.
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jak on Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:15 am

villainies wrote:Yeah I'll be gutted when we sign Kaka, Messi and Ronaldo. It will highlight the sad state of modern football and the inequalities within the game. I'll hark back to the days when we hadn't got a pot to piss in and had no chance of winning a thing.

When the breakaway happens I want Villa to be on board and that means having a wealthy owner as soon as poss.

Your armour is becoming somewhat tarnished these days, Sir Knight. Very Happy

jak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Reddi! on Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:39 am

jak wrote:
villainies wrote:Yeah I'll be gutted when we sign Kaka, Messi and Ronaldo. It will highlight the sad state of modern football and the inequalities within the game. I'll hark back to the days when we hadn't got a pot to piss in and had no chance of winning a thing.

The wind-ups are coming thick and fast nowadays. It makes me wonder whether Vills has joined the Federation of Master Baiters! :)
Reddi!

View user profile http://www.yma-associates.com

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:51 am

jpr60 wrote:

The reason Chelsea and Man City have had to spend hundreds of millions is to take over the established rich clubs like Arsenal and Liverpool.For years Arsenal could outbid a lot of their rivals in terms of transfer fee and wages.Look at the signings that were made in the early to mid 90s for example.Not many clubs had million pound centre halves yet Graham had big money Andy Linhigan on the bench.Ian Wright at 28 was a massive money signing as well.Rioch was able to bring in Bergkamp and Platt for a combined £13m, how many of the other sides at that time would've been able to even compete with that? At the Villa we looked at Arsenal with envy and the likes of Bolton would be doing the same with us.Nowadays Chelsea,man Utd and Man City can give their players £200k a week.Arsenal can 'only' go to an alleged £100k.Villa can't afford to do that nor can Bolton get anywhere near what the Villa pay.So it's horses for courses.Money has always ruled but the difference now is that the gap between the haves and have nots is wider but while we bleat about it we'll still pay our Sky sports subscrption and whack over £40 on a match ticket.This ensures that a bloke who plays in our reserves earns more in a week than us fans do in a year.If a rich arab wants to come in and blow multi millions on the Villa i'd welcome it.It's the only way we'd be able to win anything.
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:19 am

Fair weather fan. Mad
You'd still moan and have a pop a MON if Villa won every single match in a season.

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:43 am

Well said QB. Who would be your first choice manager?
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:30 pm

Reddi! wrote:
jak wrote:

The wind-ups are coming thick and fast nowadays. It makes me wonder whether Vills has joined the Federation of Master Baiters! :)

wind-ups? I think you must be mistaken Reddi.
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:41 pm

QBVILLA wrote:
jpr60 wrote:

The reason Chelsea and Man City have had to spend hundreds of millions is to take over the established rich clubs like Arsenal and Liverpool.For years Arsenal could outbid a lot of their rivals in terms of transfer fee and wages.Look at the signings that were made in the early to mid 90s for example.Not many clubs had million pound centre halves yet Graham had big money Andy Linhigan on the bench.Ian Wright at 28 was a massive money signing as well.Rioch was able to bring in Bergkamp and Platt for a combined £13m, how many of the other sides at that time would've been able to even compete with that? At the Villa we looked at Arsenal with envy and the likes of Bolton would be doing the same with us.Nowadays Chelsea,man Utd and Man City can give their players £200k a week.Arsenal can 'only' go to an alleged £100k.Villa can't afford to do that nor can Bolton get anywhere near what the Villa pay.So it's horses for courses.Money has always ruled but the difference now is that the gap between the haves and have nots is wider but while we bleat about it we'll still pay our Sky sports subscrption and whack over £40 on a match ticket.This ensures that a bloke who plays in our reserves earns more in a week than us fans do in a year.If a rich arab wants to come in and blow multi millions on the Villa i'd welcome it.It's the only way we'd be able to win anything.

Well said.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:09 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:
jpr60 wrote:

Well said.

What Man City have done is obscene in some ways.. they could've brought Bolton and they would be in same position really.. In an ideal world it would be everyone on a level playing field and we could have our chance of a champions league stint..

BUT im 35 now and want to see us win something soon.. The way football has gone i'd accept a rich billionaire splashing out 200k a week on wages if it meant success..
ADRIAN_1976

View user profile http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  jak on Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:04 pm

As QB said the gap between the haves and have nots has widened.
Too much!!
Aston Villa, Notts Forest won the European Cup in the late '70's early '80's when English clubs dominated the competition.
That could not happen today and why not? Because the amount of money being pumped into a very few clubs is tantamount to cheating.
If things don't change there can be only one conclusion, a European super league. Already the top European teams are showing dissatisfaction with their slice of the TV cake. If their share increases the smaller clubs will be seriously damaged.
If their share doesn't increase, they'll all do the off. The stakes are high.

jak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:41 pm

Seems as if the old fogies Jak, JPR and myself are in the minority over this, I would support Villa whoever was in charge, but I will again say if a multi billionaire took over and we won the league and champions league, it would not have the same effect as when I was there when we triumphed in 1981 and 1982. Can understand though why people like AVFC, ROT and QB who have watched the club for many years with relatively little success just want to see us compete at the top level and win things. Villainies however, is nothing more than a glory hunter. Only fceking games he goes to are at Wembley Mad
villanfromluton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jak on Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:04 pm

villanfromluton wrote:Seems as if the old fogies Jak, JPR and myself are in the minority over this, I would support Villa whoever was in charge, but I will again say if a multi billionaire took over and we won the league and champions league, it would not have the same effect as when I was there when we triumphed in 1981 and 1982. Can understand though why people like AVFC, ROT and QB who have watched the club for many years with relatively little success just want to see us compete at the top level and win things. Villainies however, is nothing more than a glory hunter. Only fceking games he goes to are at Wembley Mad

I'll thank you not to refer to jpr and myself as old fogies. The cap fits so YOU wear it. You old barsteward. Rolling Eyes
That's not to say that the rest of what you say is incorrect. I agree with you there.

jak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:17 pm

If I ever reach your age, I hope they put me to sleep
villanfromluton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jak on Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:29 pm

villanfromluton wrote:If I ever reach your age, I hope they put me to sleep

You spend most of your life dreaming anyway. Rolling Eyes

jak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:34 pm

Says the compulsive stalker who has made Beds and Bully's life a misery Mad
villanfromluton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jak on Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:38 pm

villanfromluton wrote:Says the compulsive stalker who has made Beds and Bully's life a misery Mad

At least I've stalked women.
Unlike you. Leatherman

jak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:40 pm

jak wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:Says the compulsive stalker who has made Beds and Bully's life a misery Mad

At least I've stalked women.
Unlike you. Leatherman

So you have to be a real man to stalk women, are you related to villanies by any chance Shocked
villanfromluton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer on Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:57 pm

Very Happy
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jak on Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:20 pm

Bedshammer wrote: Very Happy

Ah! Beds!! There you are!! Tell that fat git I've never storked you.

jak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:49 pm

jak wrote:

You wish you had the capability to do so, let alone did Shocked
villanfromluton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jak on Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:47 am

villanfromluton wrote:
jak wrote:

You wish you had the capability to do so, let alone did Shocked

Is your name Beds? Rolling Eyes

jak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top