Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:39 pm

Will have to be 20M plus.

Hope we dont sell him.
ADRIAN_1976

View user profile http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Liverpool to make offer for Bent?

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:55 pm

The funniest thing about what happening at Villa is that somehow we have gone from spending good money to being linked with Boumsong and co inside 18months and we all just put it down to cost cutting.. IF Bent was to be sold and we used the money to buy players like Zamora then thats a disgrace and shows Lerner doesnt have a scooby on how to run a football club..

You dont go from living in a detached house going on holidays buying new cars to 18 months later living in a council house catching the bus everywhere without having badly managed your finances Idea
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  FrenchSpur on Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:47 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:The funniest thing about what happening at Villa is that somehow we have gone from spending good money to being linked with Boumsong and co inside 18months and we all just put it down to cost cutting.. IF Bent was to be sold and we used the money to buy players like Zamora then thats a disgrace and shows Lerner doesnt have a scooby on how to run a football club..

You dont go from living in a detached house going on holidays buying new cars to 18 months later living in a council house catching the bus everywhere without having badly managed your finances Idea

Doesnt Lerner own some teams in the US??? Because the various teams over there are having a bit of money problems too...
FrenchSpur

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:32 pm

Ads and Villaines have more credibility than that source.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:30 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:Ads and Villaines have more credibility than that source.

Thanks mate Very Happy .. I see you didnt mention the obese one simply because he is set for a windfall.. expected better from you No
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:40 pm

Might as well cash in on him now, he'll be a lot cheaper when you get relegated come May. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:50 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:Might as well cash in on him now, he'll be a lot cheaper when you get relegated come May. Very Happy

Still a sore point getting done over on Scott Parker?

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:01 pm

roadoftrinity wrote:
Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:Might as well cash in on him now, he'll be a lot cheaper when you get relegated come May. Very Happy

No complaints on my side over the Parker deal. At least our best player stuck it out until the end unlike the likes of Milner, Downing, Barry, who have all jumped ship at the earliest opportunity. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:14 pm

You never managed to keep hold of Hogan Ephrain

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:21 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:
roadoftrinity wrote:

No complaints on my side over the Parker deal. At least our best player stuck it out until the end unlike the likes of Milner, Downing, Barry, who have all jumped ship at the earliest opportunity. Very Happy

Which kind of contradicts your cashing in on Bent early rather then waiting till you get half price like Parker. Tosspot
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:52 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:
roadoftrinity wrote:

Which kind of contradicts your cashing in on Bent early rather then waiting till you get half price like Parker. Tosspot

Not at all, Parker never would have fetched more than his quoted £8m fee cause of his age. You could get a good £15m for Bent I reckon. £70m if Liverpool are paying. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Bonds on Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:33 am

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:
roadoftrinity wrote:

Not at all, Parker never would have fetched more than his quoted £8m fee cause of his age. You could get a good £15m for Bent I reckon. £70m if Liverpool are paying. Very Happy

And yet wh are reported to be trying to lure BZ back to the park,,,,,he's 30 some thing wh sold him for 5 mill ,,,yet wh are being quoted 8mill plus

Billy Bonds
Sir Twat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:26 pm

Wouldn't be suprised if he left now, fairly sure he'll leave soon. Think its more likely in the summer though. AM doesn't rate him much and needs the money to buy in for other positions.
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A on Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:15 pm

villainies wrote:Wouldn't be suprised if he left now, fairly sure he'll leave soon. Think its more likely in the summer though. AM doesn't rate him much and needs the money to buy in for other positions.

Doubt it.

From the AVFC OS:

Bent: I've set my sights on becoming a scoring great at Villa
Darren Bent on claret and blue aims.

By Paul Brown

Darren Bent has set his sights on becoming a scoring great at Villa and emulating Peter Withe's goal feat from 21 years ago.

Bent insists he's "really enjoying" life in claret and blue as he eyes a return to the side against Chelsea.

Looking further ahead, Bent is eager to become the first man since Withe in 1980-81 to hit 20 goals in one season.

He said: "I'd like to think I can repeat Peter's goal feat from the league championship-winning season.

"I've scored 20 a couple of times for my previous clubs so hopefully I can do it here over the next couple of seasons.

"I love scoring goals because they win games. That's important to me. But saying that, if someone said to me that Villa could finish seventh and I would score 10 goals, I would take it!

"I'd rather that than score 20 and Villa finish 13th or 14th.

"I'm really enjoying it here. The lads have been brilliant and the facilities are fantastic. Everything has worked out."

Bent also spoke of his pride at finally getting to don the No.9 shirt after a career which had not previously seen him wear the fabled striking top.

Throughout his time in football, Villa's record-signing has coveted the No.9 shirt and he now admits it's a special feeling to wear the shirt made famous down the years by Gerry Hitchens, Andy Gray, Peter Withe, Dean Saunders, Dion Dublin and Juan Pablo Angel.

He added: "It's the first time in my career I've had this number. At Ipswich I was 18, at Charlton it was 10, with Spurs I was 23 then 10 and at Sunderland it was 11.

"Then I was 39 for my first few months with Villa. I've always wanted No.9 but this is the first time I've had the opportunity.

"It's an honour and privilege to wear that shirt for such a high-profile club."

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~2560146,00.html
Jay.P.A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:29 pm

We have to sell to buy. Bent will still get us a few quid and we need players in. AM will sell him if the price is right. Don't think Bent will be playing next season.
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:19 am

we was crying out for a striker like Bent in the MON years, what a difference he would have made. But with the quality now in midfield and the way AM plays he is completely waisted with us, won't get many goals in our current team so we might as well cash in while he still worth a decent amount, just hope that any money would be re-invested in other areas of the team.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:36 am

villainies wrote:We have to sell to buy. Bent will still get us a few quid and we need players in. AM will sell him if the price is right. Don't think Bent will be playing next season.

Boy it must've been one hell of a xmas weekend for you.. your still of your trolley!

Why would we sell a genuine goal machine.. one we haven't had in yearss.. so Bent is sold for lets say 20M.. you think that Gingner Scottish Ex Blue Nose twat will spend it wisely.. what about the players wages.. how will we pay 3 or 4 players 35k plus each.. aren't we cutting back at the moment..
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:48 am

Jay.P.A wrote:
villainies wrote:Wouldn't be suprised if he left now, fairly sure he'll leave soon. Think its more likely in the summer though. AM doesn't rate him much and needs the money to buy in for other positions.

Doubt it.

From the AVFC OS:

By Paul Brown

Darren Bent has set his sights on becoming a scoring great at Villa and emulating Peter Withe's goal feat from 21 years ago.

Bent insists he's "really enjoying" life in claret and blue as he eyes a return to the side against Chelsea.

Looking further ahead, Bent is eager to become the first man since Withe in 1980-81 to hit 20 goals in one season.

He said: "I'd like to think I can repeat Peter's goal feat from the league championship-winning season.

"I've scored 20 a couple of times for my previous clubs so hopefully I can do it here over the next couple of seasons.

"I love scoring goals because they win games. That's important to me. But saying that, if someone said to me that Villa could finish seventh and I would score 10 goals, I would take it!

"I'm really enjoying it here. The lads have been brilliant and the facilities are fantastic. Everything has worked out."

Bent also spoke of his pride at finally getting to don the No.9 shirt after a career which had not previously seen him wear the fabled striking top.

Throughout his time in football, Villa's record-signing has coveted the No.9 shirt and he now admits it's a special feeling to wear the shirt made famous down the years by Gerry Hitchens, Andy Gray, Peter Withe, Dean Saunders, Dion Dublin and Juan Pablo Angel.

He added: "It's the first time in my career I've had this number. At Ipswich I was 18, at Charlton it was 10, with Spurs I was 23 then 10 and at Sunderland it was 11.

"Then I was 39 for my first few months with Villa. I've always wanted No.9 but this is the first time I've had the opportunity.

You really don't understand the concept of PR do you? Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:21 am

Jay.P.A wrote:

Doubt it.

From the AVFC OS:

By Paul Brown

You really don't understand the concept of PR do you? Very Happy

Jay is ever the optimistic, always looking on the bright side. Reckon Mcminge will wear him down though.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:26 am

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:
villainies wrote:We have to sell to buy. Bent will still get us a few quid and we need players in. AM will sell him if the price is right. Don't think Bent will be playing next season.

Boy it must've been one hell of a xmas weekend for you.. your still of your trolley!

Why would we sell a genuine goal machine.. one we haven't had in yearss.. so Bent is sold for lets say 20M.. you think that Gingner Scottish Ex Blue Nose twat will spend it wisely.. what about the players wages.. how will we pay 3 or 4 players 35k plus each.. aren't we cutting back at the moment..

Lerner won't let him go if the price isn't right but if he is going to stick with AM and someone offers the right sort of money then he'll go asap. AM sees Bent as a luxuryplayer that doesn't work hard enough and one we can't afford with the way he sets the team up. With regards to wages I think we're playing a waiting game until Heskey, Ireland etc. are no longer on the books.
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:03 am

I would much rather keep Bent unless it's a ridiculous bid.

In the summer as you say IF we can get Heskey Ireland Petrov Collins Cuellar ( out of contract ) of the wage bill. BUT most importantly get rid of Mcliesh and bring in a manager who likes to play attacking football.. gives kids a go.. and has an understanding of the French Market for example where a lot of young players and Africans start there career there too..

Take Pardew as an example.. He has brought in Cabaye Tiote n Ba.. I never rated him as a manager but you put those three in our team with a decent manager and we would play some great stuff..
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:18 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:I would much rather keep Bent unless it's a ridiculous bid.

In the summer as you say IF we can get Heskey Ireland Petrov Collins Cuellar ( out of contract ) of the wage bill. BUT most importantly get rid of Mcliesh and bring in a manager who likes to play attacking football.. gives kids a go.. and has an understanding of the French Market for example where a lot of young players and Africans start there career there too..

Take Pardew as an example.. He has brought in Cabaye Tiote n Ba.. I never rated him as a manager but you put those three in our team with a decent manager and we would play some great stuff..

Sounds like Gerard Houllier. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top