Have you heard about this?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Have you heard about this?

Post  Trig on Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:29 pm

SSN are reporting A villia are after S Dann and in return we get Collins plus cash.This can't be true
I would take it right now Collins is better plus cash,, Kean bite there hands of with that deal

Trig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Have you heard about this?

Post  villanfromluton on Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:36 pm

Trig, I would love to a) get Dann in and b) get rid of Collins
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:03 pm

Trig wrote:SSN are reporting A villia are after S Dann and in return we get Collins plus cash.This can't be true
I would take it right now Collins is better plus cash,, Kean bite there hands of with that deal

Looks like we are all happy with this deal then
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Trig on Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:38 pm

This just shows that when a player is your player he doesnt appeal like someone else's player does,,Dann is not steady ,seriously,McLieash wants him like he wants Ferguson but remember these players got relegated last season as well,,nope your man does look better than ours,although we do seem to at last to have settled down to a CB pairing of Hanley and Givet,,so Dann maybe surplus to requirements,,not a good one lads honest,,if he comes you will see what i mean,he flatters to decieve but just an ordinary championship C/B..he has been in our team for lots of games this season,,that speaks for itself..lol

Trig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:45 pm

He never looked like he was happy with joining Blackburn in the first place.I work with a load of Blues fans all of whom rave about Scott Dann.Collins is a tough,honest committed centre half.However, unfortunately he is also poor positionally and for a bloke who stands 6ft 4 he gets beaten far too often in the air.
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:17 pm

Collins can be superb on his day, haven't seen him play in a while but he never let us Hammers down. Seems odd Blackburn would want to sell Dann with Samba leaving though.

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:35 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:Collins can be superb on his day, haven't seen him play in a while but he never let us Hammers down. Seems odd Blackburn would want to sell Dann with Samba leaving though.

Yes, I remember his debut at Blues, think that was the day he was superb
villanfromluton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer on Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:39 pm

My best memory of James Collins is watching him have a row with a fan who thumped his Range Rover.
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Trig on Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:09 am

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:Collins can be superb on his day, haven't seen him play in a while but he never let us Hammers down. Seems odd Blackburn would want to sell Dann with Samba leaving though.

Since injuries (and Dann is injured a lot) it has forced Kean to play other players and he has sort ogf done many makeshift choices,,like at times playing Pederson at left back,,and he also has given Hanley an extended run at C/B,Hanley is just out of the academy and he is now partnering a french player called Givet,partic on Sat against Fulham they were the strongest we have looked all season,,get the full backs sorted,,well maybe just the left back and we should bu fine without Samba or Dann who both are not the best defensively,,(has our league position shows),they are pulled all over the place so they need a player to steady and hold them in position,but Villa have made the offer not the otherway round,,not sure that we or the player want to them leave,,it is just Villa who are coming in for him,,for me i would have Collins allthough i havnt seen a lot of him either..so they both could be crap lol

Trig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:19 am

Trig wrote:

Since injuries (and Dann is injured a lot) it has forced Kean to play other players and he has sort ogf done many makeshift choices,,like at times playing Pederson at left back,,and he also has given Hanley an extended run at C/B,Hanley is just out of the academy and he is now partnering a french player called Givet,partic on Sat against Fulham they were the strongest we have looked all season,,get the full backs sorted,,well maybe just the left back and we should bu fine without Samba or Dann who both are not the best defensively,,(has our league position shows),they are pulled all over the place so they need a player to steady and hold them in position,but Villa have made the offer not the otherway round,,not sure that we or the player want to them leave,,it is just Villa who are coming in for him,,for me i would have Collins allthough i havnt seen a lot of him either..so they both could be crap lol

I've not seen much of Dann, but I can confirm that Collins is crap, he is positioning is awful so I just don't see how Dann could be worse so I would be happy with a swop deal. Also, just because we are a generous club, we will give you Stephen Warnock as a buy one get one free offer.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton on Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:46 am

QBVILLA wrote:He never looked like he was happy with joining Blackburn in the first place.I work with a load of Blues fans all of whom rave about Scott Dann.Collins is a tough,honest committed centre half.However, unfortunately he is also poor positionally and for a bloke who stands 6ft 4 he gets beaten far too often in the air.

I think I said the same thing at the time.

I haven't seen much of him since he joined Blackburn but I would say that, before his injury, he was a far better player than Collins.

There's a good chance that we'd have stayed up if he hadn't been injured for the last few months of the season.

Tilton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:50 am

Swap him.. Dann cant be worse then Collins.
ADRIAN_1976

View user profile http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:26 pm

Tilton wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:He never looked like he was happy with joining Blackburn in the first place.I work with a load of Blues fans all of whom rave about Scott Dann.Collins is a tough,honest committed centre half.However, unfortunately he is also poor positionally and for a bloke who stands 6ft 4 he gets beaten far too often in the air.

I think I said the same thing at the time.

I haven't seen much of him since he joined Blackburn but I would say that, before his injury, he was a far better player than Collins.

There's a good chance that we'd have stayed up if he hadn't been injured for the last few months of the season.

some friends say exactly the same thing and you did go massively downhill from what I remember.
villanfromluton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton on Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:05 pm

When you say "massively downhill" do you really mean "utterly shite"?

If so, then yes we did.

Can't blame it all on Dann's injury of course but it certainly didn't help. He'd be a good signing for you lot, assuming he can get back to the form he showed for us. Roger Johnson was getting all the acclaim at the time but, in my opinion, Dann was much the better player.

Tilton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Trig on Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:00 pm

Dann has been on the local radio at lunchtime,,saying that he is very happy at Blackburn,,cant blame him really...lol

Trig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton on Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:11 pm

Somebody must have been holding a gun to his head.

Or maybe he was pissed?

Tilton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Trig on Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:43 pm

Well you are clever Tilton arnt you Cool ,because apperently he was both and when he was leaving,,guess what,,,Yep your right,,he got injured falling off his chair.. Shocked ,,not like him to be injured Very Happy

Trig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton on Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:07 pm

Laughing

Tilton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content