Darren Bent into the 100 club

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Darren Bent into the 100 club

Post  Guest on Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:16 pm

Scholes, and same club I'm guessing Rooney? Has he been named?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Darren Bent into the 100 club

Post  QBVILLA on Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:17 pm

Scholes correct, Rooney alraedy been named.Oh and Drogba was a no
avatar
QBVILLA

Posts : 9649
Join date : 2009-05-27
Age : 39
Location : Costa del Quarry Bonk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Darren Bent into the 100 club

Post  Guest on Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:17 pm

And Sheringham is the only retired ex Hammer who I could imagine to have scored 100.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Darren Bent into the 100 club

Post  Guest on Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:18 pm

Anyone got Owen?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Darren Bent into the 100 club

Post  villanfromluton on Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:18 pm

Gerrard and Bellamy
avatar
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Posts : 15241
Join date : 2009-05-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Darren Bent into the 100 club

Post  Guest on Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:19 pm

villanfromluton wrote:Gerrard and Bellamy

since when is Bellamy English, twonk.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Darren Bent into the 100 club

Post  QBVILLA on Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:19 pm

Owen correct

Just the one missing and it's the retired former Hammer
avatar
QBVILLA

Posts : 9649
Join date : 2009-05-27
Age : 39
Location : Costa del Quarry Bonk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Darren Bent into the 100 club

Post  Guest on Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:19 pm

Sheringham.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Darren Bent into the 100 club

Post  QBVILLA on Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:20 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:And Sheringham is the only retired ex Hammer who I could imagine to have scored 100.

that's the one


Well done folks
avatar
QBVILLA

Posts : 9649
Join date : 2009-05-27
Age : 39
Location : Costa del Quarry Bonk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Darren Bent into the 100 club

Post  villanfromluton on Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:33 pm

Ezekiel 25:17 wrote:
villanfromluton wrote:Gerrard and Bellamy

since when is Bellamy English, twonk.

Didnt he say one left was Welsh?
avatar
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Posts : 15241
Join date : 2009-05-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Darren Bent into the 100 club

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:33 pm

Well done to Bent thou. cant believe anyone would want him out of Villa park unless its for a ridiculous fee like 35M.

9 goals in 18 league starts this season and at times he's been playing upfront on his own with midfield miles away.
avatar
ADRIAN_1976

Posts : 6124
Join date : 2009-05-28
Location : Birmingham

View user profile http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Darren Bent into the 100 club

Post  Tilton on Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:48 pm

Weren't some of you saying he was shit a few weeks ago?

Tilton

Posts : 1886
Join date : 2010-11-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Darren Bent into the 100 club

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:49 pm

Not me.
avatar
ADRIAN_1976

Posts : 6124
Join date : 2009-05-28
Location : Birmingham

View user profile http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Darren Bent into the 100 club

Post  Avfc_4eva_Sotc on Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:03 pm

Said that Mtwat isolates him which makes him pointless, although mctwat has started to change the tactics a bit which has seen Bent start to score again.

Avfc_4eva_Sotc
a.k.a SCOTT

Posts : 5718
Join date : 2009-06-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Darren Bent into the 100 club

Post  villainies on Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:09 pm

Well done D. Bent. I really hope we keep him on but I just don't see it. Someone will make an offer we can't refuse in the summer and we need two full backs, a centre back, a top central midfielder (pricey) and another striker to replace him. Thats a big ask even if we get £25m for Bent but hopefully RL will cough up a bit and we should be able to put together a more competitive team.
avatar
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Posts : 6323
Join date : 2009-05-26
Location : Bristol

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Darren Bent into the 100 club

Post  QBVILLA on Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:12 pm

Well i hope we don't sell him.We've been crying out for a goalscorer for the 25 years i've been following the Villa and whilst we've had a few who've come close we haven't had a 20 league goals striker since Peter Withe 30yrs ago.Bent puts the ball in the net, you build your team around that talent.
avatar
QBVILLA

Posts : 9649
Join date : 2009-05-27
Age : 39
Location : Costa del Quarry Bonk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Darren Bent into the 100 club

Post  Jay.P.A on Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:14 pm

Definitely.

We need to keep hold of him.

I also think we need to sign Robbie Keane!
avatar
Jay.P.A

Posts : 2549
Join date : 2009-05-31
Age : 28
Location : London

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Darren Bent into the 100 club

Post  QBVILLA on Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:15 pm

Jay.P.A wrote:Definitely.

We need to keep hold of him.

I also think we need to sign Robbie Keane!


Not like you to jump the gun Jay, so i'm with you son
avatar
QBVILLA

Posts : 9649
Join date : 2009-05-27
Age : 39
Location : Costa del Quarry Bonk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Darren Bent into the 100 club

Post  villainies on Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:32 pm

QBVILLA wrote:Well i hope we don't sell him.We've been crying out for a goalscorer for the 25 years i've been following the Villa and whilst we've had a few who've come close we haven't had a 20 league goals striker since Peter Withe 30yrs ago.Bent puts the ball in the net, you build your team around that talent.

If we were still spending I'd agree with that but I don't reckon we've got a pot to piss in. He's the only one we can get serious money for and trying to patch our first team up in order to give him the service he needs is futile IMO. Unless of course RL is going to give up some dough this summer but I don;t fully understand our position re: the new rules etc.
avatar
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Posts : 6323
Join date : 2009-05-26
Location : Bristol

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Darren Bent into the 100 club

Post  QBVILLA on Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:34 pm

villainies wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:Well i hope we don't sell him.We've been crying out for a goalscorer for the 25 years i've been following the Villa and whilst we've had a few who've come close we haven't had a 20 league goals striker since Peter Withe 30yrs ago.Bent puts the ball in the net, you build your team around that talent.

If we were still spending I'd agree with that but I don't reckon we've got a pot to piss in. He's the only one we can get serious money for and trying to patch our first team up in order to give him the service he needs is futile IMO. Unless of course RL is going to give up some dough this summer but I don;t fully understand our position re: the new rules etc.

Sell him and build a team to finish mid table.Keep him and finish mid table, might as well have a player at the top end of the scoring charts
avatar
QBVILLA

Posts : 9649
Join date : 2009-05-27
Age : 39
Location : Costa del Quarry Bonk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Darren Bent into the 100 club

Post  villanfromluton on Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:35 pm

Now we are playing better more attacking football, Bent is getting more service and we have no need to get rid of him.
avatar
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

Posts : 15241
Join date : 2009-05-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Darren Bent into the 100 club

Post  villainies on Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:02 pm

QBVILLA wrote:
villainies wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:Well i hope we don't sell him.We've been crying out for a goalscorer for the 25 years i've been following the Villa and whilst we've had a few who've come close we haven't had a 20 league goals striker since Peter Withe 30yrs ago.Bent puts the ball in the net, you build your team around that talent.

If we were still spending I'd agree with that but I don't reckon we've got a pot to piss in. He's the only one we can get serious money for and trying to patch our first team up in order to give him the service he needs is futile IMO. Unless of course RL is going to give up some dough this summer but I don;t fully understand our position re: the new rules etc.

Sell him and build a team to finish mid table.Keep him and finish mid table, might as well have a player at the top end of the scoring charts

If its the case we've got no money then where does that leave AM or any other manager for that matter? The only option is to sell DB, sort out our major weaknesses and take a punt on a frontman. Although politically, trying to justify the sale of DB to the fans is almost impossible unless he announces he wants to move on. Whatever happens it's going to be a tricky summer if the cash is tight.
avatar
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Posts : 6323
Join date : 2009-05-26
Location : Bristol

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Darren Bent into the 100 club

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:03 pm

If we sell Bent for 25M.. How are we going to buy 2 full backs a CB a CM and a ST..

Dont think Mcminge has the scouting network to get good players in that are just coming to the fore.

Better of keeping bent.
avatar
ADRIAN_1976

Posts : 6124
Join date : 2009-05-28
Location : Birmingham

View user profile http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Darren Bent into the 100 club

Post  villainies on Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:55 am

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:If we sell Bent for 25M.. How are we going to buy 2 full backs a CB a CM and a ST..

Dont think Mcminge has the scouting network to get good players in that are just coming to the fore.

Better of keeping bent.

Easy. Randy will stump up 5m. We'll spend around 8 on a CM, same on a striker, 4 or 5 on CB and whatever is left on two fb's. Half a new first team and AM has to show his worth or he'll be off.
avatar
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

Posts : 6323
Join date : 2009-05-26
Location : Bristol

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Darren Bent into the 100 club

Post  Guest on Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:03 pm

Who would you buy using those figures you've stated Villanies?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Darren Bent into the 100 club

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum