Hmmmmmm

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Hmmmmmm

Post  QBVILLA on Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:28 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:I didn't say I agree with the protest and I won't be taking part in it either, simple matter is its the managers job to motivate the players and to get them playing as a unit, thats not happening, and there is still some very good footballers at the club, so our current position and comparison with a team relegated last year is poor going.

confused
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:35 pm

Avfc_4eva_Sotc wrote:I didn't say I agree with the protest and I won't be taking part in it either, simple matter is its the managers job to motivate the players and to get them playing as a unit, thats not happening, and there is still some very good footballers at the club, so our current position and comparison with a team relegated last year is poor going.

Also our current points total is exactly the same as it was last season, did we get relegated then?

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton on Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:36 pm

QBVILLA wrote:
Tilton wrote:I can't really argue with any of that QB but, as you know, the buck stops with the manager.

He picks the team. If players have attitude problems they shouldn't play. McLeish is payed to motivate the players and if that's not happening then who do you blame?

I personally think that Randy is ultimately responsible for making the decision to employ him and that he should be getting an equal amount of abuse. It doesn't always work like that though.

Yep, Randy should never have appointed him.Had your lot finished mid table last year and won the cup then poaching McLeish would've been seen as a great move but on the back of the relegation he was on a hiding to nothing.I always quite liked the way he carried himself when he was manager at Blues and he's displayed great amounts of dignity since he took the Villa job which has my respect very unlike that frog cnut we had previously.I agree with what you are saying with regards to motivating the players but to be fair we have picked up 1 point from the last six and based on performance that should have been 4 possibly even 6.Sometimes you don't get the results you deserve.

If that had happened then I'm not convinced that he would have left. Thank feck for relegation.
You talk about dignity but would you call the cowardly act of resigning by email dignified?

If you're telling me that all of your players have been giving 100% and that your results have been unlucky, then fair enough. You can't blame the manager for that. I haven't seen enough of your games to say. If that's the case though, why are you getting the bed sheets out again?

Tilton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:41 pm

Tilton wrote:
QBVILLA wrote:
Tilton wrote:I can't really argue with any of that QB but, as you know, the buck stops with the manager.

He picks the team. If players have attitude problems they shouldn't play. McLeish is payed to motivate the players and if that's not happening then who do you blame?

I personally think that Randy is ultimately responsible for making the decision to employ him and that he should be getting an equal amount of abuse. It doesn't always work like that though.

Yep, Randy should never have appointed him.Had your lot finished mid table last year and won the cup then poaching McLeish would've been seen as a great move but on the back of the relegation he was on a hiding to nothing.I always quite liked the way he carried himself when he was manager at Blues and he's displayed great amounts of dignity since he took the Villa job which has my respect very unlike that frog cnut we had previously.I agree with what you are saying with regards to motivating the players but to be fair we have picked up 1 point from the last six and based on performance that should have been 4 possibly even 6.Sometimes you don't get the results you deserve.

If that had happened then I'm not convinced that he would have left. Thank feck for relegation.
You talk about dignity but would you call the cowardly act of resigning by email dignified?

If you're telling me that all of your players have been giving 100% and that your results have been unlucky, then fair enough. You can't blame the manager for that. I haven't seen enough of your games to say. If that's the case though, why are you getting the bed sheets out again?

1.Resigning by email is not dignified, but I don't know what was going on between him and Peter Pannu.

2.Didn't say that the results had all been unlucky.

3.I'm a black country lad, do you honestly think i'd ever care enough about anything to ruin perfectly good bed sheets with anything which wasn't produced as a bodily function?
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:47 pm

The thing with the league at the mo, three wins and we're 8th. I think the protesters should hold fire until the Wigan, Blackburn, Bolton Fulham run is out of the way. Like Tilts said I don't think we need to worry about getting relegated but if we're still down and 13th/ 14th after those fixtures then RL and AM need to start answering questions.
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:51 pm

villainies wrote:The thing with the league at the mo, three wins and we're 8th. I think the protesters should hold fire until the Wigan, Blackburn, Bolton Fulham run is out of the way. Like Tilts said I don't think we need to worry about getting relegated but if we're still down and 13th/ 14th after those fixtures then RL and AM need to start answering questions.

It's a joke that this supposed protest has made the press. Just because the journalists are on twitter etc they will report any old crap. It will be about 20 people, if that. Every club has their morons that follow them unfortunately.

Half the people claiming that are going to join in the protest, probably don't even go to the Villa Park as there Moms won't take them.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tilton on Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:46 pm

Is it true that the main bed sheet on this protest will say "We are revolting"?

Tilton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:07 pm

The reason he didn't finish 10th with Blues is he is a shite manager.

Randy is too blame big time. But the manager gets the flack. That's the way it goes in football. He spent a full summer looking at Warnock and Collins and thought I won't replace them and use the 20M else where. He also brought the worst excuse for a RB in the Prem.
ADRIAN_1976

View user profile http://www.printtechsolutions.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:14 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:The reason he didn't finish 10th with Blues is he is a shite manager.

Randy is too blame big time. But the manager gets the flack. That's the way it goes in football. He spent a full summer looking at Warnock and Collins and thought I won't replace them and use the 20M else where. He also brought the worst excuse for a RB in the Prem.

Maybe he thought that he needed to use some of that 20M, to buy a goal keeper as we didn't have one, and a winger as we sold two, so that's £15M gone, and Hutton cost £3M, he has been poor but I do think he has got a bit better, and we signed him as an offer came in for Luke Young who wanted to leave and was on £40k a week so we wanted him off the wage bill.

Where did he spend the other £2M? Plus no fucker wanted Warnock or Collins, so he had no money to replace them without selling them did he?

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:25 pm

Wasn't Hutton 4.5M

Anyway like i said.. the buck stops with the manager.. besides keeper he chose to spend on other areas.. in hindsight i would've brought a winger and a RB too.. but im a fan and will always support Villa.. he's paid millions to manage and i don't think he's good enough.. hope he's gone soon..
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:31 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:Wasn't Hutton 4.5M

Anyway like i said.. the buck stops with the manager.. besides keeper he chose to spend on other areas.. in hindsight i would've brought a winger and a RB too.. but im a fan and will always support Villa.. he's paid millions to manage and i don't think he's good enough.. hope he's gone soon..

Pretty sure it was around £2.5-£3M, plus apparently on around £15k a week less that Luke Young.

Your not really making sense, first you say he didn't spend the £20M in the right areas, but then say you would have spent in them areas.

Anyway, I hope he's isn't gone at the end of the season as that will mean we have been relegated, and over the past month or so I've warmed to him anyway and think he could end up doing a decent job.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:40 pm

The point im making is.. that yes it seemed obv we need a winger and a RB.. he see's the players and how shite Warnock and Collins are so being the man paid millions and in the firing line he chose to ignore those areas and spent on a RB and winger that have done sweet F.A while defence has been terrible.. so time he goes..
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  roadoftrinity on Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:43 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:The point im making is.. that yes it seemed obv we need a winger and a RB.. he see's the players and how shite Warnock and Collins are so being the man paid millions and in the firing line he chose to ignore those areas and spent on a RB and winger that have done sweet F.A while defence has been terrible.. so time he goes..

But he didn't have money to replace Warnock and Collins and if nobody wanted to buy them, what could he do? There are definitely mistakes he has made since he has been here, but I don't think it's time for him to go and I think he will do better next season and hopefully manage to get some decent defenders in.

roadoftrinity

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:48 pm

Cool.. let's just say that you want him to stay and i want him to go.. Very Happy
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer on Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:07 pm

Tilton wrote:Is it true that the main bed sheet on this protest will say "We are revolting"?

Tee hee
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jak on Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:24 pm

Jay.P.A wrote:Terrible.

Just support the manager I say. He's here managing our club, we can't go back in time and change that. The blame lies with the players I'm afraid.

We're leaking goals every game now, our back 4 look amatuerish at times, and we can't seem to keep the ball under pressure. When AM was a Birmingham, he had one of the tightest defences in the league, (bar Upson Leatherman ) and he didn't have the best players in defence, and still won the Carling Cup. We've had 4 fecking international players at the back but still look like conceeding at every set piece/cross that comes into our box.

Hopefully he gets it right soon otherwise it might be too fecking late. Not the best manager with his track record of relagationYou called me a tnuc. That's wrong!!!
You need to say sorry.
Or can't you?, but maybe this is the job that will define his career.

As an outsider I think the blame lies with one man, Randy Lerner. He showed absolutely no respect for the club's supporters, who made their feelings known in no uncertain terms, yet he still made the appointment.

jak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villanfromluton on Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:02 pm

Jak, I think McLeish may have been appointed to get the brunt of the fans criticism rather than the fact Lerner has decided not to put any more money forward.

Ades, no one wanted Warnock or Collins. Friedel had to be replaced, so given was neccessary. Two wingers, arguably our best players went. N'Zogbia was brought in and have to say I wasnt disappointed with that signing. So we were one player short there. Hutton came in to replace Young, who wanted to return to the capital and was on big money. NRC went and there has been no money to replace him. What players could we have got decent money for? I cant really think of any that we would want to go. So lets be honest, he hasnt been able to spend any real money has he? You can call him shite blah blah blah, but the fact remains that he has not had much, if any backing, from the owner
villanfromluton
na na na na na na NASHMAN

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer on Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:27 pm

I think Lerner must have taken a bit of a hit in the recession and/or realised how much money it actually takes to break into the top 4 and Europe. To be followed ion an undignified fashion by Venky's.
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:34 pm

ADRIAN_1976 wrote:The point im making is.. that yes it seemed obv we need a winger and a RB.. he see's the players and how shite Warnock and Collins are so being the man paid millions and in the firing line he chose to ignore those areas and spent on a RB and winger that have done sweet F.A while defence has been terrible.. so time he goes..

Think about it Ades.MON was heavily criticised for giving these players massive wages.Who outside of maybe 5 clubs pay the sort of money Villa do? Whoever the manager was was stuck with them.Warnock was England's second choice LB 18 months ago so while his form is shocking at the moment he's got something in there.As with any season the moaners on the Holte want a scapegoat and he's this season's pick.After losing Downing and Young we needed a winger and from what i recall the signing of N'Zogbia was welcomed by the majority of fans.luke Young after being royally fcuked around by Kermit wanted a move back to London for family reasons and was allowed to leave and he signed Hutton.Ok those signings haven't exactly worked out but not every signing does.Given is IMO a top signing.
To blame our defenders solely for losing goals is naive.Both goals conceded at the weekend were lost from wide midfield positions,as a team they haven't worked hard enough to defend as a unit, most notably that lazy frog bastard N'Zogbia.
Now i'm not a McLeish fan but since the Spurs game i think he's addressed a lot of the issues regarding negative play.The players hear the flak directed at the manager and it's great for them because they have an excuse. Protesting to get rid of the manager lacks class and we've all been laughing at Blackburn with their Kean out protests which have ultimately been futile. The fans need to get behind the club.Alex McLeish is just one man, and he's not solely responsible for the shit we are supposedly in.
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jay.P.A on Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:37 pm

jak wrote:

Just support the manager I say. He's here managing our club, we can't go back in time and change that. The blame lies with the players I'm afraid.

We're leaking goals every game now, our back 4 look amatuerish at times, and we can't seem to keep the ball under pressure. When AM was a Birmingham, he had one of the tightest defences in the league, (bar Upson Leatherman ) and he didn't have the best players in defence, and still won the Carling Cup. We've had 4 fecking international players at the back but still look like conceeding at every set piece/cross that comes into our box.

Hopefully he gets it right soon otherwise it might be too fecking late. Not the best manager with his track record of relagationYou called me a tnuc. That's wrong!!!
You need to say sorry

As an outsider I think the blame lies with one man, Randy Lerner. He showed absolutely no respect for the club's supporters, who made their feelings known in no uncertain terms, yet he still made the appointment.

Where did that come from?!
Jay.P.A

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bedshammer on Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:42 pm

I don't know. It looks like it's been wrongly inserted into a quote. Weird.
Bedshammer
Queen of Bedfordshire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QBVILLA on Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:47 pm

Bedshammer wrote:I don't know. It looks like it's been wrongly inserted into a quote. Weird.

JAK is an angry angry man No
QBVILLA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jak on Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:45 pm

Jay.P.A wrote:
jak wrote:

You need to say sorry

Where did that come from?!

There's some skullduggery going on. Shocked

jak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  villainies on Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:49 pm

Spotted that earlier. JAK has got a beef with someone, the anger is fierce in that one.
villainies
Poncy Kitchen Dancer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ADRIAN_1976 on Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:15 pm

That's funny Laughing

Oh and great debate.. Still Mcminge out Very Happy
ADRIAN_1976

Back to top Go down